707 thread version 4.0

Brian said he’s working on getting 3rd Strike, horray. Wait till I bust my elite KSK impression.

MvC2 at the college is starting to fuck up now, it freezes randomly.

Here to revive this thread once again.

does anyone still go WED nites?

I go Wednesday nights.

RIP indeed… dunno about the games, but it was definitely my favorite place to bowl back in the day. I remember taking EARLY morning Sunday trips up there for their earlybird specials… 6-7 am = $0.60/gm, 7-8am = $0.70/gm, 8-9am = $0.80/gm, etc. I had my average up over 200 in those days… now I’m lucky if I break 100. :frowning:

Team Tourney Ideas… Im bored

Ok, its fairly late and i’m super bored. Ive been going through the TEAM TOURNYS forum pages for the pacnorth. They seem like they would be fun. The Universities are going to have theirs again in October, and Newparkmalltilt & Milpitas golfland are doing one against each other. So, with Brians consent, Id like to run a Team tourny some weekend this month, and then have the normal monthly tourny the weekend after.

Rules:
Team 707 vs. ??? I think it should be against the UCD team since they are the closest, and they should be able to get the correct amount of players.

Only Team 707 vs. ???, as it will be a monthly invitational.

–The teams will consist of a minimum of 7 players. Both teams must have the same amount of players.

–All players of each team will play each other in EVERY game. No specialzed players. It will be ran in a round robin format.

–The tournament will be run on a round robin point system. If anyone has seen ARENA on G4tv, then this should make sense.
TEAM overall wins in each game= 1pt
Individual overall wins per team= 1pt for their team
Individual overall wins overall/mvp= 1pt for their team
-----in the event that there is a tie for individual overall wins overall, both teams will earn 1pt, as both teams have an mvp

–GAMES: MVC2, CVS2, GGXX…POSSBILY TTT, SC2, A3 and 3S (if we can get A3 and 3S) no svc will not be a part of the team tourny.

–In the end, if there is a tie for overallgameteam points, then there will be a sudden death playoff. Each player from each team will place a vote for which game is played. Each team will then decide who will play in the sudden death match. The sudden death match will be 2outof3 in its respective game. Usually 1 round would suffice, but I want the winner to be made with a clear win. Similar to volleyball with gameset.

–Teams: Each team will have a captain. It will be the captains responsibility to get their team together. It is also the responsibility of the team captain to make sure their team is at the tournament. The tournament will NOT be run if less than 7 players per team show up. The team list will have to be given to me no later than the night before the tournament. There will be no recruiting. If this invitational is given to team UCD, then all players must ATTEND UCD. I know for a fact, there are more than 7 players at UCD, this is why I am choosing them for the invitational. Team 707 will consist of players who have TILT as their make stomping grounds.

–CAPTAINS: Since I am the one trying to organize this, I will be the TEAM 707 captain.

–So far here are my top votes for players for TEAM 707. It is based on overall accomplishments, skill, individuality, and ability to play in numerous games.

1. iMPULSZE
  2. SpiderDan
  3. GGB
  4. Mr. Fixit
  5. GaurdBreak
  6. Daniel (get that fool out of the movie theaters)
  7. Ahrmon

We know that Daniel and Ahrmon are long shots to make the tourny because of their personal engagements.
I’d really like to add everyone that frequents the 707, but, thats just not possible. So, we need to mouth off and give reasons and names of people we think should fill in the spots.
alternate names that come to mind:
-Kingkau
-Philip
-Yushiro
-Geek
-Ray

As far as teams go I wouldn’t mind joining in the GGXX 707 team considering the few players that we have playing GGXX.

I’ve been praticing TTT nearly everyday since the tournament ended. And with the lack of players that play tag I’d definetly play.
I’ve also been practicing cvs2 nearly every day(roll cancelling almost 50 percent), but I don’t think I’m at the point where I can join the team. There are better players at tilt right now. I’d join SC2(if there is a lack of players), and probably A3(if we get it) as well.

If they get A3 or 3s in, I’ll play those.

Team Tournament

As far as Daniel is concerned, he now resides in Sacramento. He contacted me a while ago and told me. I did have his number but lost it, and I never spoke to him since. Depending when you have this tourney, Ahrmon may be interested if he is back in 707 during the time. And of course me and Nick are 100% unwilling to participate, sorry. I’m sure there are plenty others who would like to compete in our place. Good luck.

On the CvS2 tip

James, Damian, Gerard, and Ryan should be added to the list for CvS2.

Not too sure if I’ll participate.

On a different note when is there comp for CvS2 at the college?

Those names came to mind as well, but, remember, its not a team per game. Its 1 team and the players will play all games. I know Ryan and all his boys play multiple games though. To my knowledge, Gerard, James, and Damian only play Cvs2.

There is no competition, we should just boycott the machine until they put new sticks into it or something.

Ack that part I did not realize since I no longer play CvS2 and MvC2. :frowning: Sorry…

I’ve got a bad feeling this teams idea isn’t going to work well at all the way it is setup as of now.

So does this mean there are only 2 people on the team?

cross my name out

Well, all I play is CvS2, and it’d be suicide for me to play any of the other games.

7-7 roundrobin to play in at least 3, maximum of 7 games will require around 5-8 hours. because those set players must play all games, running them simultaneously doesnt even seem possible.

but… as long as tourney start betwee 12-2, i guess this will be a fun fun event. i nominate ucb (without consent from not a single other ucb player. ^^;; )

i know i’m not part of 707 nor davis but knowing ucb will be a target soon enough, and wanting to actually see this thing through, i decided to post.

good to see this ‘team’ thing come alive… i actually asked daniel (manager of bearcade) to make one of the big tourney in berkeley a team tournament… kinda like the one svgl had, but maybe better…

however, seeing there are gonna be so many other team tourneys, i guess ucb can just have a regular gigantic tourney.

i don’t know what i’m saying, cause i have no authority over anything, but just some thoughts.

I’ll be the second UCB player to step up and say ‘Hmm…’

I’m down.

Brian, when you’re done with the flyers, let me know.