3rd Strike General Discussion Thread

If you just confirm mp from max distance it drops some of the hits.

are we talking sa1? sa3 I think does that too, I just never cared enough to note it because the first 3-4 hits are the nice ones. CHUNK CHUNK CHUN BIT BIT

Oh I was talking about 3. Not sure about 1.

St mp counter pokes and whiff punishes well. Watch kaeru. He utilizes it a lot.

what Dander said, +it’s kind of a tick throw setup, +the cancel gives you more time to cancel react into super (at least thats what it felt like to me)

I notice a lot of people refer to playing 3S on GGPO these days. Is this like… the PC one right? Opposed to the console release 3Sonline?
Is there a reason people gravitate towards the PC one over the console one? or is this just a preference thing?

It probably has something to do with the awesome player base and/or that they have been there longer.

GGPO has zztop and he’s a real charmer

Since computers performance and compatibility varies the GGPO experience varies quite a bit from person to person @Tenchi‌

The player base has been playing longer there than most of XBL or PSN and you get a lot less new people trying to play 3rd Strike like other street fighters.

In regards to Dudley’s S.MP Ducking, I tend to not really do that for super hitconfirms. Just pressure starter.

Dudley s./c.MP x Ducking is used so you can get full super hits from max range MP.

That’s probably for the best since it’s too easy to crouch under s. MP. What do you use for hit confirms in place of that?

Ok, the full super hits thing makes sense. I’ll make a note of that at least. I do kind of have a habit of just raw ducking into SA3 to punish some stuff where it’s probably not guaranteed.

Raw Ducking SAIII is good to do against certain things, like reversal on not max distance shoto c.HK or if Hugo does a jump attack at you.

If I’m further away, I’ll use S.HK Ducking. If I end up in throw range, Cr.LKLK. I mean, I know that there are others that can work, but those are my go-tos. Cr.LKLK mixed with SSB is hilarious.

ducking super is a punish against hugo’s low forward the same way it is against shoto cr. rh. You could do it without ducking and only hit that last hits to test it out first if you’re not sure about the distance.

You mean if he whiffs it in front of you right, not if you block it? It’s -5 on block so I don’t think that’s long enough to Ducking super it.

I mean block.

Didn’t think that was possible to do, good to know.

darkhiryuu come back to ggpo this instance!

Ducking super won’t work on Hugo low mk if that’s what you mean.