3rd Strike General Discussion Thread

I started playing on ggpo again, but instead of Jester718 I’m on as INVOKER_EC

I’m slowly getting back into the groove, I haven’t played in a long time but had a few lengthy sets with some people, notably crocomire. Using Yun nowadays

Scrub is definitely g funk~>rnb but whether any of the other gangsters used it other than nomadically or in a manner of speech will necessarily be unclear. Because it shows that I love her?

I don’t fucking know

i dont think TLC was talking about dudes who suck at fighting games lol

I’m sure the dudes that brought it over to fighting games were talking about the same thing tlc was talking about, just a little more personal. A harrowing experience provides enough pull to motivate even a mountain to move. Maybe they were creating a counter straw man for the irl and virtual versions to “compete” against in place of the other. As if to create something in stages that allows throughput but is self-sustaining.

I just wish they’d bring something other than style. Sporadic style is the manifestation of the anti-fad as far as progress goes. This is not to say that it moves in a negative direction but rather that it creates less and that clutters focus which lets in the illusion, confusion and space ( though it allows innovation, rumination [out of a group/gang/“team”] and invitation ). Now if there were many that maybe created an abridged tract to include themselves in the missive then maybe it’d be more in the interest to all parties and not just the hobbyist/stylist in this case.

I know it reads like a really bad business communication chiding but what I’m really trying to say here is that street fighter isn’t street fighting, at least I don’t see it that way. Maybe I’m missing something? I could connect it with what I know but that’s why I’m here and that’s why I’m playing Street Fighter. Now if because it’s Street Fighter there’s a new style we have to figure out, it’d be very nice of you to share that with us, sf world.

You just reminded me of every Michael Keaton scene in The Other Guys where he quotes TLC lyrics.

Man… y’all out here talkin’ about ‘bustas’ like that don’t just mean some duck ass niggas.

I played on Supercade a couple of days ago. Supercade 3S is definitely the worst version of 3S.

So are you saying that busters/dusk ass niggahs means talk not walk?

Dander, you don’t like “repeating yourself twice,” which shut down some discussion in here on your training mode whatevers.

but I guess I got more than half of what you meant over in the mcdonald china incident thread. Don’t know which word led you that way in their 2 jokes though, Joho = meaning Jehova Witness, excommunicated = meaning this guy keep telling us more about JW’s and that process that sounds cult like. Everybody else hit the WTF. so what the fuck.

Start with the rosy eye opener of a Summon that calls forth an entire meteor larger than well, several planets, engulfs a whole bunch of them, and yet still does under 9999 damage. youtube having just that clip, lots of lols

As well, you may want to checkout that awesome one FF6 instead. A lot of character in that sprite art, good music, the last of its kind-for the time from Squaresoft. Like some arcade swansong we are here for. FF7 also had an arcade in the golden thing theme park, submarine game, snowboard, and a kind of rock’em’sock em robot fighter? Don’t remember that one exactly. Prob wasn’t full featured.

Was my alarm for the longest time, 2 of my ex’s hated it but it was my room bitch.

always animals in kids shows so they can avoid race.

but what the fuck is binky?

A bulldog maybe, that fucker was nightmare fuel at first

Binky was a Goomba from Super Mario

I always thought it was obvious that Binky was a dog of some kind. It was Arthur that was confusing.

Also, going back to Dudley, I still don’t fully understand the utility of kidney blow into super, but I really don’t understand what the deal is with mp into ducking. Is that one of those things that only works against good players, because every time I try it I get blown up. Is it supposed to be good because it lowers your hitbox, because that doesn’t seem super helpful.

‘good’ isn’t necessarily relevant.
everything is useful if used sparingly in 3S. i don’t see people using mpxxducking as a fundamental dudley tactic. but ive seen it used and had it used against me just to fuckle me followed by a brief pause then 2xlow short or throw or overhead, etc.

and whatever ‘kidney blow’ is it probably has to do with how that move hits, id bet it catches things some of his other cancellable normals don’t. or it allows for linking super, or it just gives a long cancel window, etc. or all of those things.

Mpxx ducking is a hitconfirm and a punish for certain situations. Not much more to it than that, right? For things like punishing Urien’s tackles on block etc.

I just don’t get what the ducking part is for. To move you into throw range?

I use mp ducking to test how much people will let me pressure them

there’s pushback on everything. ducking keeps him inside and as long as its used sparingly its kind of hard to catch.
its just one way to get inside.

so this is a new thread now? what happened to the old discussion thread?

You know how when you get a lucky parry and then reflex into grab, how you realize you got your parry and that you got your grab but notice you could also have done something a bit more damaging? Well, the ducking lets you pressure your opponent into a situation like that one above but at the same the ducking doesn’t ever really move in passed the pushbox so sometimes thegrab box out ).