3rd Strike Frame Data

ohhhhh ok thanx

Hey Karathrow crew, how is the Frame data page coming along on the web site?

What else are you thinking of that should be there?

not sure if this was mentioned on this thread, what is the start up for a standard throw(jab+short)? does it differ by character? thanks.

3 start-up frames, 1 hit frame, 21 recovery frames

Same for all characters I believe.

OK, hereā€™s one:

Someone here posted awhile ago that the recovery time upon landing from a jump attack is 2 frames. Is this true?

Thanks,
Josh.

Due to the very strict timing it takes to punish, I believe itā€™s only 1 frame. I think I remember mopreme talking about it being 1 frame a long time ago.

Streakā€™s site seems to be down ā€¦ :frowning:

Hereā€™s the scoop. Due to unfortunate timing circumstances, my quarterly payment happened to be due around the time I had to order a new credit card from my bank. So I wonā€™t have any way to pay my hosting company untill I get my new credit card in the mail. Hopefully Iā€™ll get it by next Friday.

In other news, KaraThrow turned 1 year old a couple days before it went offline, so happy B-day KaraThrow.

Thanks god, I was scared when I saw the suspended account page! I need karathrow.com, itā€™s the best :smiley:
Happy B-day!

PS: great av!

Awesome site. Thanks a lot man!

Streak (or whoever else cares to answer) :

iā€™m browsing through karathrow.com and iā€™m looking at the frame data. i first became curious about reversing certain normals when i saw my friend reverse a shoto c. forward using Shippu. then i saw the vid from BKD showing lots of supers reversing shoto c. forwards.

so hereā€™s the deal.

say for example, iā€™m using Dudley (which i really do) and i block Kenā€™s close s. fierce. according to the chart, Kenā€™s close s. fierce has a blocked advantage of -2. if i were say, to do Rocket Uppercut or Corkscrew Blow (since start up for both is 2 frames) as a planned reversal, would it count as one? reason iā€™m curious is because Kenā€™s crouching forward has a blocked advantage of -3 and Shippu has a start up of 3 and it reverses quite nicely. so if thatā€™s sorta the ā€œlogicā€ behind it, would Rocket Uppercut or Corkscrew Blow be able to reverse a shoto s. fierce?

edit: another question. what are the blocked advantages to chains? say Kenā€™s strong, fierce chain, if thatā€™s blocked, would the s. fierce frame data apply? or is it something else? same with say, Dudley. twds + roundhouse, s. forward. would it be s. forwardā€™s data determining the hit stun or lag if blocked?

thanks a bunch :smiley:

edit 2: if iā€™m not making any sense, very sorry. very tired. iā€™ll try as best i can to rephrase and what not if i didnā€™t get my point across.

Good News: Yes you can reverse standing fierce with dudley SA1 or 3. And yes, most chains (this one included) have the same advantages as their normal counter-parts.
Bad News: Kenā€™s strong fierce chain pushes him out of range of SA1 and SA3 reversal range.

:smiley:

thanks for the info, Streak!

Bah, the siteā€™s down.

Question:
Super invulnerability seems kinda strange in 3S.
e.g. Q and Chun get be thrown at point blank immediately after the super flash ends for their SA2ā€™s (Deadly Double and the only super Chun uses).

Does invulnerability generally not extend far past the activation?

I have a question about the frame data on Karathrow, and mebbe its been answered already, but Iā€™m one of those ā€˜lazy peopleā€™.

What version of 3rd Strike is this for? Arcade? DC? PS2? I was noticing some discrepancies between the site and the SF Anniversary guide on stuff, but it was like 1 frame difference. Just curious is all.

Site isnā€™t down, just the index page.

http://www.karathrow.com/chunli.html

Oh, thank you. :slight_smile:

Domain has expiredā€¦ :confused:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040414033250/http://www.karathrow.com/chunli.html :tup: