3 bar reset to ochio

Do you guys feel after doing a jewelman combo cancelling the third hhs to get the ochio reset is a good idea sometimes? i do it almost every occasion i can when im down in life because of pure damage output, but it is risky because of slightly tight execution and usage of bars that could have been saved for ex hbs. just want other hondas opionions tnxx

example 3:18

[media=youtube]UCsWW1E152w[/media]

not really, most of the time I don’t even see the point of fadcing basic hhs combos. I just find ex headbutt too good and also having super stocked makes his footsie game terrifying (max range jab x hhs cancel to super completely turns the match around)

I’d say its worth it depending on character- you don’t need ex hb so much against someone like gouken. The knockdown from throw alone makes the possible damage you can get out of it worth it, as long as you land it (had you landed a followup on his wakeup you would have killed him in your example).

My go-to time to fadc->throw is during extended hits now, since I cant fadc->throw after a normal blocked hhs anymore against people I play often I have to be a bit more creative.

I think that if you have it your mind to do that you should probably just let the hands hit then walk up oicho. Success rate would be pretty similar

ya kinda thinking the same thing. it would be slightly lower but probly worth saving the meter and just dashing

I dont like doing hands then dash oicho, your making yourself vulnerable to mash ultras/ dp’s etc when u dont have to, also i find that people are much more likely to react to a dash than they are to someone just walking forward.

The range of lp oicho is good enough that you only have to walk forward a tiny bit to be able to land it. TBH i very rarely do fadc oicho, always though it was a waste of meter better kept for ex headbuts or super.

The thing that annoys me most when i watch honda replays is people who do hhs fadc and then do cr lk into a hands blockstring or they jump forward expecting the opponent to jump outta the oicho, really cant see the point in it.

Funnily enough one thing that does seem to work alot is fadc forward cr hp, i do this accidentally sometimes and i seem to invariably get a ch which you can combo into jab hands.

ya i know what you mean when you piano to early cr fp will come out and it works so well because of where the hurtbox on you is during the move. only on your body pretty much and its hard to punish it quickly enough

Dude in my experience, anything that lands an untechable knock down is worth fadc. below is my guideline for using it

[LIST]
[]after 3 or 4 cLP HHS on block and the opponent doesnt mash meaning he will likely eat the ochio
[
]after a counterhit cLP HHS
[/LIST]

Just dont be predictable, make him RESPECT that option

there are times when I know I’m gonna stun them with the oicho that I do it, that’s about it, only when I’m on a roll and I know the guy is gonna get beat or if I just NEED to open somebody up (if it gets you the life lead, it’s worth it imo)

In this case, meaning a jewelman combo, i’d say your opponent is so scared shitless into blocking anyway; it’s better to not finish with rounhouse but instead straight up walk oicho. If your opponent dps, you are going to get hit anyway, why waste 2 bars