2D MK & My story into MK

Hey Kombatinants,

I’m soon turning 22, and I can say the first game I ever remember playing was MK II for the SNES. I remember growing up wi about 8 brothers (9 including me) one by one moving out until it was four of us in total. I remember waking up to the character selection screen. The sound of the crumbs and what I though were sticks hitting them in various sounds. The uppercuts. The laughter. The fist fights. The “oh come here carlly lets play” turning into me having 3 heads uppercutted out of my head.

Though my years of growing up I can ID motion placement of most moves. I won’t say all moves cause there are times Kintaro & a few others have snuck up with new technique to prevent me from winning the tournament. I’m a fairly great Kombatinat that understands you can best your opponents with out the need of using signature moves but rather great movement & reaction.

When I was younger a brother of mine used to take me to tourneys for MK Gold and I’d usually be in top5 bracket being well known in certain areas of the BX, NyC project/ PAL areas. Since then my brother has gone to jail for attempted murder for 12 years at the young age of 15 while I was just on the verge of 10. So this hindered my appearance at the MK scene.

My need of help:

Since then I played MK III on N64 for maybe 6 years… Speed up. I’m 21 currently and I still don’t understand footsies for MK II/III. I have done Neutral jumps with kick vs diagonal jumpers but well now I see what I’m doing and I can only say “fuck carlly, stop with that 10 sweep bullshit” and so on lol.

Please help and break down basic footsies and ways to feel someone out. I think I have all the robots down & some others. I’d love to here what the FGC says.