2015 UMVC3 SRK Tier/Theory Discussion. 7/10 First Page Tumblr: Power of snapback, Future power teams

Yeah I’m not sure if Nova can cover his offense well enough without assist to make him that strong as things go on. He does have a godly air throw, anti projectile tools and strong anti super jump options which is big in this game.

Either conversions OR getting chip setups OR other mixup setups make Vajina worthwhile.

It’s an overrated assist IMO. It gets blown up real fast by anyone with half a brain.

Someone posted something about POINT SENTINEL, saying if there was any competent player using him on point…

There’s Rowtron.

Yeah if it had all of those properties and was a projectile then it would truly be fucked up. The one big issue that keeps it at around 5th best assist at most is that Strider puts his body out there as the assist. Most of the other best assists in the game don’t put the characters body out to be footsied and supered and what not. It’s the easiest to keep safe with teleport style characters otherwise it gets rather easy to footsie and blow up.

[media=youtube]ChIeYBfbGas[/media]

LOL. I always heard about him playing this game but never seen it. Wow he’s trying so hard to do that MVC2 again. He actually is running those overheads almost like MVC2. Especially with Chun Li lockdown that’s smart. I guess it’s not bad.

He even used disruptah assist in both games. LOL. Chun Li is his new Cable.

[media=youtube]VGZBgys-ig0[/media]

Iron Man is bad puts on shades, rides away on motorcycle to practice Iron Man midscreen TAC infinites

I actually think Nova is mad underrated and has a lot of tech that most Nova’s don’t even explore or use. Most Nova’s just j.H all day. His priority is pretty ridiculous and has the ability to force you to block pretty easily via cent rushes. Cent Rush M for example, which is his flying dive kick, is +6 or 7 or so from max range, can cross up midscreen, and is used as an antipushblock. Cent Rush L catches a lot of up+back or a lot of people trying to whiff punish your whiffed cr.H.

[media=youtube]bSYCiGz2_fs[/media]

This is just one of the many aspects of Nova that are still unused by the majority of Nova players. If played properly with the right assists, he’s pretty impossible to advancing guard off of you. That combined with his mixup, retarded priority, and ability to cover multiple angles to his game make him a threat that many people can’t deal with. I don’t think he’s as good as the top 5 of the game. But he’s definitely in the same tier as other of the top like Dormammu and Wesker. IMO.

Also, he barely has any bad matchups. Wolverine and Vergil being the worst, with Dante and Spencer being close behind. He goes even or beats everyone else.

Rubillionaire used Sentinel/Dorm/Doom with some success in a major the last year, I forget which one though. He ran Rocks and Purification assists interestingly enough.

you must be new here

That is beyond theory. It’s like he switched up the roles of the second and anchor’s assists as some like MVC2 tribute or something. Hah.

I also like how Dante’s support is off the charts.

nova only goes even or beats viper players not viper herself

Yeah I don’t really have much problem once I get space from Nova. HAM Nova still messes me up sometimes but unless he has some gdlk DHC or THC ready can handle him well enough. Seismo and laser cuts off most of his normal approaches especially with strong hori or AA assists. Most of his moves ground and air normals are single hit moves which are easy to focus also.

I thought Nova was one of Wolverines bad machups

No. Vajra is mainly for huge space control. The fact that you can OTG off of it is just icing off the cake.

Does Nova provide a top assist? No? Then he’s feces, the thing that comes from ass.

I’m new here, after reading the no top assist = feces character comment I’m not entirely sure what to take seriously.

But to entertain the thought, Dante has Jam Session (and Weasel Shot?), and is still ass.

:coffee:

Nova beats bad Wolverines. Good Wolverines are crazy hard. For the same reasons Magneto loses to Wolverine except Nova has worse mobility.

I think Nova goes even with Viper. It all comes down to the assists. Viper has worse buttons than Nova, but better special moves. Once she’s out of meter, Nova can force her to block. With meter Viper has the advantage, but when she’s without Nova does. AFAIK.

I can’t exactly tell you as I don’t play Viper’s as often as I want to, but from when I have played Vipers that’s what I’ve gotten. IE: Forward’s, FlashMetroid’s, Unknown, and Full Schedule are the only Viper’s I’ve played extended sets with. She’s probably a lot better vs him than I’m giving her credit, but it’s not entirely impossible. I have a way harder time fighting her with my Dante than with Nova.

Dante is ass? LOL

You must be new here.

Damn, when did Spencer move up from barely mid tier? Good stuff.