10 years since CPS1 & Neo Emulated

what the hell is neo geo?

*rim shot

Emulation was the reason I got into computer moding too, I made my first homemade PS1-to-LPT1 converter when I started playing with Neorage-X

This thread is pure awesomness :tup:

I remember…

callus was the first emulator ive ever used and on my very first computer. playing on keyboard sucked so I build my own arcade stick too. at the time I was one of the very few people that build shit. I remember arcadecontrols.com having only like 20-30 projects on their examples page. epic shit ! :pleased:

10 years and still no Naomi emulation…sigh

Naomi emulation should be here soon enough. Dreamcast is already emulated fairly decently and hell, even PS2 emulation is more than passable on a nice computer. Its only a matter of time.

Oh and who remembers that ROM site SNESmerism? That site had everything but I think they got shut down, late 90’s early 2000s. First emulator I got was Nesticle, then Snes9x, then I got into the Neo and MAME and all the good stuff. I think I even had a pretty good PCEngine emulator too.

I totally agree that without emulation, communities like SRK or Shmups wouldn’t have grown as much as they have. Emulation is a godsend for old games and older gamers who still dig the classics!

HA!! I REMEMBER THAT!

goodtimes… goodtimes… sigh

I gotta say that emulation is probably what kept me from quitting fighters. I’ve been very disenchanted with this decade’s fighters, so it’s the games of the 90s that keep me around.

I remember thedump. That place was awesome.

Wow, has it really been that long @_@

I got into emulation back in 2000… ah, good times :lovin:

It was like 2002-2003 for me sadly, Used to play kwazy in dat kof2k.

You can’t imagine how hard this made me laugh just now. It’s times like these when I wish I had premie.