10 years since CPS1 & Neo Emulated

I never realized when I started getting deep into emulation (age 10) was when it just took off like a rocket ship…

CPS2 was the cats pajamas and really kept things going but CPS3 is where its going, which I’m cool with.

Now NAOMI is the dream, right?

Nebula was for me the best emu,but now i’m happy with CPS3Emu and MAME.

I still have NeoRage (newer version of course) and I play my NeoGeo games on that.

I spent over $1000 playing KOF in the arcades over the years, and I finally got decent at KOF after the games were dumped.
You guys still remember when KOF99 was released over Christmas, when the dumper wanted them to be released privately, then publicly? yea… someone released all of them and then everyone got them at the same time.

I bought RAM for my computer to run KOF98 smoothly.

Dave’s Videogame Classics was a good message board.

Neocharity, KOF4ever message board, all sorts of craziness.

This thread is certified awesome.

Things always come back around I played KOF/SNK religiously when i was able to emulate them back in middle school. This was a time where I really could not get around to arcades.

Now, I own an MVS super gun and a cabinet with some capcom pcbs. This is serious stuff.

I didnt know its been 10 years.
I got NeoRageX since 2001, i got all the games, all played. Good times for sure.

:tup:

yo i even remember the time i 1st saw emulator on a pc. i was doing security at the riverwalk mall in new orleans, and i was telling my boy koreanmike about the new fatal fury aka motw. then he snickered and said i got that shit already. i said thats bullshit yo parents aint that rich:annoy: so he pulled it up on his laptop and i almost shit my pants,:amazed: and i was like how much that shit cost and when he said that shit was free i took of work early went to gateway got a pc on credit and the rest is history:rock:

For some reason I have this image of a huge fat dude in a pair of dungarees when I see the name arcade@home…? The dude must have posted a pic of himself at some point and the image stuck in my head. I’d not visited for years till U mentioned the name. Seems to have become some kind of right wing poltical blog now…

Yeah CPS2 was always the big one. I remember that the roms were released a long time before they were actualy emu’d. They had pride of place on my hard drive, even tho they were just sitting there not doing anythimg…

Damn, Daves Video Classics, now that name sets the mind a rolling…
Wow, thanks man :slight_smile:
:bgrin:
All this just brought back another name, who remembers ‘JoseQ’s Emu Views’?

Hyper Fighting Channel.

I’ll never forget how some dude in China taught me how to properly use links/command moves as combo extenders by raping me with Chris in an online '98 match. I used to play kof like sf before that match. Needless to say, my game was pathetically basic. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Same here, I had the roms for Alien vs Predator for YEARS, and it was one of the most beautiful days in my life (so far) when CPS2 was emulated.

You can never go wrong with a GI Joe quote lmao~.

Christ, I know I’m getting old when I hear things like that…

All the same, great memories. Back in the days when you hat to frameskip to get full speed emulation from Neo Geo and CPS1. :rofl:

Huh? CPS3 was cracked?! So people are playing SF3 on their computers now… Time to google…

i remember downloading sf2 and final fight on callus for the first time in like 2001 i think. it was so hot playing the actual arcade games and showing my friends. i got into console emulation after that. i was such an idiot that i didnt even know callus and mame supported controllers back then. i just used them on meka and nesticle. what a fuckup. i played cps1 games for months on a keyboard. true story long time ago i played a guy that posted here named nightmare james in sf2hf. i think he had a good connection while i was on 56k. lag like a motherfucker. even time i jump i got dragon punched. i asked if he was using a controller and he said no. nobody can dragon punch on command on a keyboard. he was probably using hot keys or something.

those were the days. it certainly didnt hurt that all of this shit was and still is free

same here. that was the shit.

I remember that. same with motw and kof 2000. madness

:tup:

When I first got into it I got the nes and snes. I only got a handful of games and use to stay online because I thought that was the only way you can play them. When my 56k have got disconnected by accident I was mind blown when I found out I could play it offline LOL. Then I got ballz when I found out about snk and got kof 94 with the ‘‘bad sound.’’ It must have took 2hrs to get but I was happy as shit and played at least 5hrs straight before I when and got the good sounding one.

I’ve come a loooooong way form there and I’m thankful for the work that all those guys done over the years to make something like that possible and make gamer dreams come.

Truly thank you.:tup:

Not true man- when I started gettin into the emulation thing way way back- all I used was a keyboard too. Eventually I just got used to it- 360’s, dragon punch, I can pull off a raging storm on the keyboard too now.

me 2. I still play keyboard from time to time. Back then it was all u had.

I don’t have a joypad, so I’ve been playing fighting games online with keyboard all my life.

I can pull off almost everything, except for really difficult combos, 720s, and really fast KOF stuff.

I felt kinda bad for MOTW, because my university arcade had the game for 1 week, and then it was dumped and I had it.
Too bad MOTW never picked up much of a scene here.

Yeah I lived with a Chinese guy for a while and was just amazed how well he could play on keyboard. He told me that he and all his friends just grew up using keyboard, its second nature. He told me that in some of his college lessons, half the class were playing emu’d KOF on keyboards, with the teacher at the front totaly oblivious :wgrin:

Yeah I remember that place and his emu rumor mill section or whatever he called it. Whatever happened to that place?

Who remembers thedump ? Downloading and playing those Genesis roms , like Streets of Rage 2 , for the first time blew me away back then. Genecyst was amazing.

I seriously got better at typing from playing games on keyboard.
It’s kinda funny and a bit sad that I play at like 80% of my full potential with joystick. :rofl: