10 Things you have to know in ArcheAge: A review and guide

Hi guys. cccombobreaker here with a gaming article for all you curious readers! I made some tips and tricks for the new game, Archeage. I recently played this awesome game entitled ArcheAge thanks to my Korean friend for providing me an access code that allowed me to play it. It is a fairly new game in South Korea and I believe it would be big this coming months. I was able to play the game with the help of my Korean friend by translating stuff for me during the game.

So without further ado, here are some tips for those interested with the game:

As a beginner in Archeage, starting out in this strange new world can be a difficult and taxing experience. So here, let me share advice on how to build a better character, increase your monetary gain, and maximize the fun you can get out of this unique experience.
  1.    Know what you want to do in Archeage

There are many ways to enjoy ArcheAge! You can do the usual routine of hunting monsters, the exciting path of hunting of other players, or even taking it easy by focusing on building your own house and garden. Not content with just fixing your own home? Then be a lord of a castle commanding over numerous homesteads and protect your local populace. Know what type of character you want to be and you will be able to fully enjoy the endless possibilities of this game. As of the writing of this article, I have not yet tested the PvP and house building options so I might get back to that soon!

1.    Selecting your capability considering the ‘linked effect’

In order to come up with your final job, you have to pick 3 out of the 10 possible capabilities. Upon character creation, you get to choose 1 with an additional at levels 5 and 10. I suggest picking a combat based capability first such as fight, wild nature, magic, or mission. Other abilities like love, witchcraft, and will are more of accessory traits and can be picked up later.
Don’t worry if you made a mistake with the capability you picked. You can talk to an NPC in the village and pay a specific amount to have it changed. It’s better to have it changed as soon as possible since your capabilities level up too! It would be an annoyance to start again from level 1 if you already have a level 10 ability. Also, remember that your capabilities are linked and can affect each other. For instance, Mission works well with Fight or Wild nature while Magic is harmonious with Death or Witchcraft. Find your own mix and see what works for you.

1.    Select equipment regardless of your job

Unlike the conventional role playing games that impose strict restrictions on armor classes, ArcheAge doesn’t follow that format. Warriors need not wear strong metal plated armor and wizards need not keep using robes. Dress yourself according to the function you wish to fulfill. For example, I use a Wizard class while wearing somewhat heavy armor to minimize the damage from the monsters I hunt. This can also go the other way with me choosing leather to increase magic resistance. This makes the game a better simulation because I believe that mages do not ALWAYS use light armor. It’s my own preference and that is something that you can apply too when you play this game!

Thanks for reading! This is only Part 1 though. Part 2 will come during the week. For the people who, like me, cannot wait for this game to be released here in the US, I believe Trion Worlds has bought the rights for the game and will distribute it. Let’s hope they make it happen soon!!!

I am an aspiring game reviewer and writer so please tell me what you think about both for the game and this article. Thanks!

I hope you die in a fire.