Zero Tips & Tricks that should be common knowledge (but aren't)

make L1 light and you should be fine.

for me i use R1 to charge my buster, and L2 is my assist 2, L3 being my assis 1+2,
in that way my assist 1 is L1, assist 2 is L2, its easier to distinguish which assist or character i should use when i am looking at the HUD

For PS3 I use:

L1 Assist 1
L2 L (Buster charge button. Same button I use for charging in Megaman X games)
R1 Assist 2
R2 M+H (Charge for lightning loop and to do supers)

Only problem is that your Assist 1 button will probably be harder to reach with this set up if you do what I do and charge with your left index finger. I run Zero second so this hasn’t been too important for me yet.

I’ve been trying this combo. Are you sure it’s corner to corner? I always seem to be ending it near the wall, but far enough so that I whiff the buster relaunch. Has anyone else tried it?

I think I’ll just stick with the jump loop for the time being.

Yes, it lands close enough to the corner that it still allows you to do the LL (which IMO is all that Zero really needs), try doing the M,M in the air alittle slower to buy yourself some distance… I made a video of it too:

[media=youtube]UnT7RqV-qGM[/media]

Thanks. I’ll try it again tonight or tomorrow!

Why is this not stickied?

As someone trying to learn Zero himself so as to not get slaughtered by him this thread is invaluable. Definitely deserves a sticky great work people my Zero is starting to become actually credible because of the info in this thread.

A super easy combo starter with Zero’s back to the corner is :l::m:c.:h::s: > (small pause before super jump) sj.:m:sj.:m::qcb::h:. Timed right (timing is super lax) Zero will cross up when he super jumps, the :m:s will hit behind him, and the :qcb::h: will register as Sentsuizan, taking them back to the corner for the OTG shinanagins. I can’t find my webcam to record, but you’ll pretty much instantly get the feel for it after a couple tries in training mode. I don’t know if it’s character specific at all, but it definitely works on RR, most mid sized characters, and the heavies. You guys don’t have to worry about starting with enough buster charge or jump loops or mid screen relaunch timings anymore:)

I’ve been using this after L raikousen crossups since I don’t want to struggle bringing them to the other corner. Adding 6H after the cr.H and doing sj.M->H sentsuizan instead of sj.MM H sentsuizan adds a bit more damage and makes the combo more consistent with regards to spacing.

I’ve got a whole bunch of side switch combos that I use when I feel like styling, but this one is actually very practical (considering the S->H sentsuizan->relaunch combo is one of his most damaging combos in the first place).

can somebody pleeez provide a video of zero utilizing chun li’s assist for combo extending?

I’m not sure if this has been posted but it never hurts to repost it for people who don’t know.

Calling assist from near super jump height

Neutral jump xx H Hienkyaku (call assist at the end of the animation). I haven’t been able to utilize it much with my main team but its nifty with assist like Jam Session, Hidden Missiles, Cold Star, Sent Drones, and Arthur’s Daggers.

I actually do a bit of jump 214C call strider assist and do level 1 Busters and get them hit with cross up busters… oh yes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Watched a super easy, just all around good Reset with Zero. After a full combo, people expect either an airgrab, lightning loop, or Rekkouha. but what about simply j.L? After your final BusterxxLightning, simply jump up, tap L, and then L Raikousen for another Full combo. it’s so simple, most people just don’t see it coming.

Awesome read. I have not played zero since vanilla and wanted to pick him back up recently,so this is really helpfull. Thanks.

[S]I don’t really play Zero anymore, but I think this whiffs on neutral and forward techs, and I don’t think it even crosses up on backward techs, seems a bit uh…not intelligent to throw away Zeros life on a whiffed lightning just for a reset when you can most likely just kill them. I could be wrong on what it catches though. I did see PZ Poy try this a few times, can’t recall how often it hit.[/S]

Nah scratch that i’m free, catches all techs if you jump upback with the j.L, neat trick for Phoenix teams I suppose

Nah that reset is retarted, I askes a friend what his reaction would be if I did it and he said " Id think yoyr fucken stupid for not going for the kill ". Basically Zero doesnt meed resets because he can kill off virtually any hit. If your resetting your just styling.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

eh, if you can’t lightning loop, then resets definitely matter. youre not getting a ToD otherwise. (unless you have a long 2 assist zero combo like dante vergil…which still doesn’t kill the whole cast)

I’ve been using this reset this past month and it’s so useful especially since I play phoenix and I don’t really use meter to kill unless it’s a character that I don’t want to deal with. You don’t know how often people get caught in this reset and it’s so easy to do and you get another full combo from this reset which means death for most characters unless they have hulk/tron health.

(Plus I still can’t do lightning loops yet so my team relies on really good resets :3)