Yamcha Thread - Cat Loves Food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEt2UlxwUPw yamacha loop semi infinite plus some other things… Didnt feel like finishing him up so gonna move on to other characters and tag stuff bug meta glitch etc

@OceanMachine thanks for the rekka info, and actually putting inputs in your videos!

HKDs are good for solo characters too since you get easy oki off that.
The damage scaling is not a really big issue imho precisely because his moveset and the rekkas give him endless opportunities to reset and start all over again. What you lose off single combos you may gain it in the long run.
Also I don’t think you should have him as point unless the other two characters totally don’t need his assist.
The only reason that really keeps me from putting him as anchor is that having even one assist really allows him to do anything he wants especially during his rekka shenanigans. Even if I’m way better with Yamcha than with any of the other characters I’d still rather play solo Vegeta than Yamcha without his assist.

Thanks to the new hitbox viewer tool I can finally confirm that Wolf Hurricane has absolutely no invincibility whatsoever. It simply has a very wide horizontal hitbox that covers almost his entire body, but he can still be hit from below.

So does the hit box viewer show anybing of substance for his ex moves then? Im a little lost as to what utility they may have

Well EX Hurricane is the only way to get a hard knockdown midscreen if you end the combo with j.H.
EX WFF has a fast startup so it might be able to punish stuff better than the other versions… but again, as I said in the video I don’t think it’s very useful.
The only obvious good use of his meter for EX moves is the rekka launcher. It’s not bad though, he’ll keep more meter for supers, DHCs or links into lv3.

If you dash jump and do qcb.H, you get crazy momentum. I’ve been using this to a2a with Vegeta assist call behind it. It’s kind of useful.

New info thanks to dustloop wiki:

• unlike most 5H, Yamcha’s 5H is actually + on block and by a LOT. This will be a scrub killer for months.
  • in spite of its massive recovery, his divekick (j.2H) can always be into special moves and supers on hit or block. Comboing into WFF will always form a true blockstring. In other words, his divekick is always safe. Not only that, but this will allow you for crazy mixups like going for a j.2H crossup and then following with a crossup rekka.

Also I forgot to mention in my video that the 6M ender in WFF can be slightly delayed to frame trap them.

You’ve been an amazing source for this character. I really appreciate you thanks.

Not my video, but the best Yamcha guide I have come across so far. Maybe someone else here finds it useful:

5M is also + on block, not sure how much. Tested by setting enemy to block, pausing during blockstun, then setting enemy to repeat light attack while i mashed on light to get counter hits.

Damn… can’t wait to lab him up some more now

Watched it all (what’s up with people making 1hr long YT videos? Jesus), sadly no new information and many things he says are wrong or incomplete compared to what has been posted here. For instance he says heavy WFF finisher after crossup is a frame trap and can’t be mashed out, which is not true since I tested it earlier today and Gohan could just mash out of it. It is still pretty fast though so the slightest delay in their reactions and they will get caught.

One point he raises and I agree with though is how much his ground game benefits from one hit assists that don’t lock down the opponent. Things like Trunks, Nappa or even Krillin will make his left/right mixups actually legit.

I found some strange behaviour with his divekick: on block cancelling into 236M will always teleport you to the other side of where you landed, but on hit if you cross them up it will actually teleport you on the same side if you land too close to the opponent… on relatively small characters like SSB Goku it’s impossible to land far enough to have his rekka crossup on hit. Since 236L will always keep facing the direction of his divekick, the only option against those characters to convert a crossup divekick is 214L/M. It’s a little annoying because against them you lose the ability to mix them up if they take the divekick.

On the other hand the second hit of his 2H is actually cancellable on block into j.2H. This only works against tall characters though, as 2nd hit will whiff against the other ones. I already saw this happen in an actual game but I wasn’t sure if they were in sparking or not, I’m glad I now have found the rule.

I don’t know if you guys saw yamchas hitbox/hurtbox on his j.h, but that shit makes up for how slow it is. Going to have to start using it more.

Anyone know where I can find hitboxes on his specials, I can’t seem to find them

I can record them and post them.

I would just really like to see all the versions of his qcb special

I did all normals and specials because why not.

It also made me discover that 214L can’t really AA because it has a hurtbox above his head.

Thanks! Appreciate it

I had a feeling his dps looked like that. They are really good a2a’s. I clash a lot with them but end up getting the hit anyway since it’s a multi hitting move.

On block and with an assist call behind it, you should be able to bring people to the ground where you want them

Shouldn’t you be able to immediately cancel into anything after a clash?