Why is Dee Jay considered bad, again?

Yeah I just realized as I was coming to revisit this page that he meant the crumple for Dash U2. Will U1 scoop?

You gotta dash U1 right after the focus hits otherwise you will only get three hits.

Deejay isn’t trash, but being up to “functional” when you aren’t used to it makes you think things are much better than they are(i’ve been playing deejay a bit again since the patch).

Also he can still be meatied for free in some contexts if he doesn’t have super/u2 stocked, because some moves can low profile ex upkicks still, but they usually need to be spaced. This gives you an okay chance to backdash, but depending on the move you used for the meaty you can sometimes still punish the backdash. His wakeup def isn’t trash anymore though no, and actually requires a lot of knowledge to lock it down. I play characters who are unusually good vs. his wakeup though generally.

Agree with a lot of stuff listed about him here. Seems meaty lows are spacing dependent and only works with some characters (those with decent low-profile pokes). I get the impression that he’s an online beast, really; doesn’t necessarily mean he’s good against knowledgeable and highly skilled opponents; though even in high level play people do get away with unsafe stuff and gimmicks surprisingly often, hehe.

Maybe his backdash isn’t good, by the way; it’s probably just that backdashes in general are just stupid good in this game. I got the impression that his backdash was short but quick.

Anyway, like I said, it seems my main Gen was actually my way around him. Did NOT expect that (Gen struggles against Guile, and in my opinion, Chun-Li, so I expected the same for Dee Jay).

Gen loses to Deejay, now more than ever, not by a large margin but the matchup is definitely in Deejays favor

Deejay’s backdash isn’t particularly quick or far, but it can high profile some stuff with the little hop.

At 27f he’s bottom 1/3rd of the cast in speed, but the only characters with a slower or as slow backdash as him that go less far are ken, ryu, hawk, and dry hakan. He’s also on the low side of airborne frames.

So he ends up bottom 1/3rd in distance, speed, and airborne frames overall, which combine for a mediocre backash for the most part, but he does have one pretty decent thing going for him in that he covers almost all his backdash distance while he’s still invincible. He’s about top 10 in the cast in that. Which prevents things like staggered jabs from catching your backdash.

I played a long set with an ibuki and rolento last night. Up kicks has definitely been changed. I feel like i used to hit ibuki out of everything w/o using meter, but even with it, most of the setups and close jumps would not autocorrect. fortunately i opted to do LK upkick and escaped unscathed for the most part.

The range/speed ratio suck for the forward dash. I don’t forward dash much, but i believe it sucks because i can’t chase any character who flips out order does something to sends them flying out of the corner.

EX fireball should never be thrown out in neutral. You’re asking to get tagged unless you’re fullscreen or trying to push your opponent out with an untrue blockstring. I hate that you spend a bar to only be +1 on block.

There really is no chasing with Dee Jay. It’s corner play or get fucked in terms of keeping pressure on if you can’t score a knockdown soon. Then again, to be fair, he’s perfectly at home not up close, so it’s not always a bad thing, unless the time is running short and you need to get ahead.

That being said fuck Dhalsim. :smile:

He does? Hm … I won easily against a 3500 PP Dee Jay with Gen while I struggled a lot with Yang (and Blanka). Then again, Gen is my main …

…Yeah, I’ve always had trouble with gen…It comes down to his footsies and the damage he gets from footsies with meter. Better Pokes and has no problems dealing with slashers

I can’t get this to work for the life of me. Can someone post a video? You can seriously connect for full U1 out of focus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y_x_pB-Bjg

Thanks! I guess the frame slowdown from the FA was just throwing me off. I was able to hit it fine after your explanation.

shitty online Dee Jay <

we gotta play. One of my training partners is a Gen.

I think Dee Jay wins it because Gen has to jump. If Dee Jay doesn’t throw bad fireballs it can be a problem.

I think Dee Jay has an advantage, but the fight isn’t over until Gen’s life is depleted. His comeback potential is strong.

Alright! Are you in EU or US?