Which Street Fighter Alpha game is your favorite?

A2 is dumb but A3 is dumber

A2, music, backgrounds, etc etc

1 Like

I bet most of the people voting for Upper havenā€™t even played it. :confused:

Console versions are not upper.

This is a really hard one for me. I love the superiority of A3, but A2 Saturn was the first SF I REALLY got into. It was my mother game, so to speak. But I did leave her behindā€¦ Iā€™m going to have to say A3. I just like the overall apearance of it better, like the anouncer, fight screens, loads; although I did come accustomed to A2ā€™s super screens. Also the gameā€™s just superiourā€¦ More characters, more veriety, recovery, it all just makes the game better, it also runs a bit smoother I think. Edit: Also one button super activation > A1/2.

Donā€™t get me wrong, A2 is an awsome game, I just think A3ā€™s one step ahead.

The heck would anyone chose A2 Gold over original A2? Thatā€™d be like picking A3 Upper over original A3 :rolleyes:

Alpha 2 and then in a close second Hyper Alpha (A2 was the game that made me continue in the fighting game world)

Maybe Hyper Alpha will replace all the Alpha games in a close future (maybe)

Reason A2 was liked more was that A2G made some unpopular changes, like making the Flash Kick airblockable and the SPD slower.

On HSFA I tend to play a modded SFA2 (I use supers A3 style, and Customs A2G style, with no airblocks)
Just wish there was a way to disable customs entirely.

alpha 3 with alpha 2s music, presentation, sound effects, etc would have been top tier IMO

alpha 3 upper, i think the new juggling system of alpha 3/ alpha 3 upper is what really put it ahead of alpha 1 and 2. i;m choosing alpha 3 upper over alpha 3 b/c of the new characters and backgrounds

After 73 votes Alpha 2 is still one the lead :tup:

Because A2G is actually more balanced? I liked most of the ā€œunpopularā€ changes, and Chun-Li needed to be nerfed.

And I voted for A3U, so you can guess what that means as well. Because, although I do like V-ism, I didnā€™t like it utterly dominating every aspect of the original A3 that wasnā€™t named A-Dhalsim. Both V-ism and Dhalsim got knocked back to earth in A3U, allowing for more gameplay balance and variety.

Although A2 has the most votes, A3/A3U got more votes than A2/A2G. I voted for A3U but if the votes were only A1, A2, or A3 I would vote for A3. Maybe we should do a second poll with just A1, A2, and A3?

Wow. Talk about back asswords.

Man why is this so difficult. It is obvious that Hyper Alpha Street Fighter is the best game. Even if I am not fighting one of my friends, I can still random battle for about 200 battles straight. Good Times

I had alpha 3 for psx and its horrible!! dee jay hawk guile and others are not worth it.
So im for alpha 3 then alpha 2 then HSFA(cause you can pick shin bison:lovin: )

btw ive never really played a lot of alpha 1 and I hear a lot of Guy??
what makes him so great?

Lol my vote made alpha 3 and 2 tied :looney:

I enjoy the first Alpha the most.

HSFA is my favorite because it lends the most options and you can basically play any character from any Alpha game.

A3

Playing A1 and A2 after being so used to the A3 engine is like having steak without the A1ā€¦ yeahā€¦

Alpha 3 Owns!!!

I think SFA3 is the best of the Alpha series. Especially the SFA3 special edition in Streetfighter Alpha Anthology which basicly sounds like yaā€™ll describe SFA3 Upper to be. I never played SFA3 Upper but I guess the special mode for SFA3 in SFA3 Anthology must be that SFA3 Upper yaā€™ll talk about. Iā€™ve seen Evil Ryu, Shin Akuma in it and more.

Anyway the SFA 3 engine is the best of the whole Alpha series. More fighting options and more specials. Graphics, counters, crossovers, comboā€™s and sequances are far superiour to SFA1 and SFA2.