What Ken does well (Edited to have video in first post)

The capcom guide says Ken LP DP crushes lows, so maybe that is what is going on here?

lp srk - lower body inv.
mp srk - upper body inv.??

From what I got from the video, lp=“crushes lows” so I imagine lower inv. It simply said MP=full inv.

Lp SRK has lower body invuln, so if you’re trying to meaty with a low it won’t work. Ken should be meaty’ing with cr.mp or s.hp anyway, so it’s not something he’s bad at, it’s just a game knowledge thing.

Mp SRK you can’t stuff because it is invuln.

I saw Momochi always going for st.lp into target combo x rh.tatsu. It was on one of his last streams but it seemed like a great set up too. If it was blocked he would go into fireball. Imma need to try this tech of yours own too! Good shit

Yeah dude, that’s definitely a staple. Momochi’s setup is a bit hard, but here’s a training regimen you can do of it, that I’ve worked out. Set the computer to random block and put it in the corner. Do cr.mp > b.mp, and finish the target combo and cancel into rh, if the b.mp or cr.mp hits. If the b.mp is blocked, finish the target combo and cancel into ex fireball. The cpu can actually block the cr.mp, and then get hit by the b.mp since it’s not a block string, but a frame trap, so you gotta be able to react to the hits and finish the tc right one way or the other.

My tech is less important by comparison, but I’ve got really good mileage out of it in my own matches, and I recommend it.

Updated the original post with a follow up video.

Ken needs to accept having to back-off and playing the footsies game again in SFV. Every attempt at elongating your pressure against an opponent is a larger gamble than previous games.

Luckily our boy has the speed to weave in and out of cr. strong and st. fierce ranges for a good counter-poke game that tends to lead to more pressure and the damage we all want.

Not really though. He gets as consistently strong pressure as any other strong pressure character in the game.