What is your Iron Man team?

Bolts and beam both give me good combo extension and mix ups and bolts also allows me to do my combo to go into Ironman’s TAC infinite off pretty much any hit whether my combo ends midscreen or in the corner. Bolts also lets me do instant overhead with Ironman or try for throws since people like to duck it. I’m sure Eye of Agamotto would open up new possibilities as well, but I’m fine with the stuff I’ve created so far.

Mags, Sent, Tony. Drones beam beam/repulsor.

I switch between my points depending on who I’m facing but sent is never my anchor if I an help it as I feel that Tony is stronger in that position. Xf3 Tony has a unrivled high low game and can open up anyone.

But if I have to have IM 2nd, it’s not a bad thing to have drones backing him up while I harrass the shit out of them with J.S to train them to stay still for some left right or high low. Mags and Sent is self explanatory.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I came to the Iron Man forum to see if these exact two teams are good. Jesus that’s crazy. Have been playing Viper/Doom/Strider and Viper/Doom/Akuma but I’m not really good enough for Viper and I found Iron Man so much fun on my last few teams.

Do you guys think Iron Man is viable point with these assists or is he still better second? He does have a self-otg to otg vajra. Going to try these teams later.

A shitty viper is probably 20 times more effective than a good Iron Man, and it’s not like he’s really any easier to play… Also IM sucks a lot of cock on point.

Yea I see what you mean but I’d probably put more effort into a character I like. Joker confirming jump loops off of air-airs in his money match vs Fanatiq was also pretty inspiring. Gained a lot of respect for him during those sets.

Confirming jump loops is suboptimal!!!

Do you prefer to go straight to c.M, S or something? I do this one for air to air:

(j.H x ADF), j.H xx Fly, j.H, j.dH xx ADDF j.dH xx ADDF j.dH xx ADDF j.dH Unfly j.H, j.M, j.M, j.dH, S, c.M, S etc

Its my favorite because you can confirm from a really far away j.H hit in the air but I’m always looking of other options.

Beam

When you have two meter with Sentinel and iron man left, team hyper especially against assist call decide if you should xfactor kill with sentinel upfront/point. Although repulsor is good for mix up and incoming but not full screen control.

Yeah, any assist called out will most likely get HSF dhc to PC on reaction if Sent is out.

Beam gives Sent some incentive to get in close since it can stop a lot of random forward facing shit faster that repulsor ever could(aka Novatards and adf H). The hitbox on it is too damn good, it doesn’t shoot Sent’s damage to shit during combos, leaves people standing so I can start full combos. I always gave Tony the edge on Doom when it comes to the beams for these reasons.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Wolverine (barrage)/ Trish (peekaboo)/ IronMan (Unibeam) since day one vanilla mv3. When i watched trailers i decided to play Wolvie and IM regardless of what they would be considered in tier lists… IM is as fun to play as he can be frustrating sometimes^^

I’ll start the match using IM as regular assist, and when i can take advantage of trish boomerang super, be it for combo, or pressure, i’ll call Tony.
In fact he is my second character, i prefer using Wolvie or Trish as anchors. Trish peekaboo is ok to help IM zone and build meter, but you can’t play rushdown at all^^
It’s more like hit and run (fly away) tactic.
My team sinergy revolves around trish’s super that allows characters to enter the ring almost safely all the time. While its not the best team ever, and i’m not a good player at all, i never lost interest in that team^^

I have a Chris(combo punch)/Dante(jam session)/Iron Man(unibeam). I have been trying to work on this team for a while but having 2 zoners on one team can be pretty tough. Lvl 3 xfactor IM is actually really good I have come back 3 against 1 with him not bad anchor but I can’t give up on my team. Any tips would be awesome, I play online often so message me or invite me. I have a mic, it would be awesome to get a chat going maybe even a lobby. I’m from the East coast.

I run Iron Man(Uni)/Deadpool(Katana)/Doom(Missiles).

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with Danke. Iron Man on point can be a beast. Even against heavy rush down characters he can hold his own. If its a bad match-up, zoning until 2 bars can be beneficial because iron man and deadpool have crazy delays after their Hyper. You’d be surprised how much I catch people with DHCs that start with a block.

Deadpools OTG assist is perfect for IM. It picks up both characters for a lethal happy birthday and flawlessly leads to repulsar blasts. The Cutting Time hyper DHCs perfectly into Proton Cannon too.

Of course, the missiles are for Iron Man to get in. Also, with Doom out and IM as an assist, you can THC and get a Doom/Ammy-esque mix up chance, but you have to X factor to cover ground if they are far.

If I may give some advice, I used to play that team. First, start Deadpool on point and not Iron Man because Iron Man gets murdered on point. Second, Quick Work is a better assist for Iron Man because it synergizes with his overhead stuff for hard to blockables giving him a real mixup game and you can convert really far away off the assist. You can also use it for combo extensions by doing M Smart Bomb and calling Quick Work at the same, then doing H Repulsor Blast. You can get double assist extensions with Quick Work and Missiles using Repulsor Blast. Quick Work is probably one of the mots underrated assists in the game and it is better for combo extension than Katanarama is, no reason not to use it!

DHC wise Deadpool guns Happy Happy Trigger into Proton Cannon is really good off damage the Deadpool bnb, I wouldn’t DHC into Proton Cannon off Cuttin Time because it does less damage and you have to use teleports to reposition yourself to land it rather then just being able to do the same bnb and reset all teleports regardless of your position on screen.

I think that’s a solid team for sure, I stopped playing it mainly because I can’t stand playing Doom. You’ll find its a lot better if you use Quick Work and play Iron Man second. Iron Man and Deadpool are good partners for each other. The one frustrating thing is the only way to DHC from Iron Man to Deadpool and get any meaningful damage is to DHC from Proton Cannon into Cutting Time. If you know anything better let me know!

I hear you on some of your points and appreciate the feedback.

I actually have very few frustrations with Tony as first. After an incalculable amount of frustrating online play and lab time, my Iron Man can go toe to toe with the majority of the roster. Even against Zero and Vergil I do okay (most the time I feel it’s more my mistakes or missed inputs when I lose).

I do fairly well opening up opponents with iron man solo, so add missiles and I set up hard pressure rather than rely on unblockables. It’s a great concept to use quick work though, and I will definitely create an alt team with that in mind.

I don’t feel confident with my dragon punch motions to do smart bombs late in combo strings (im a pad player) so I don’t know if I could use quick work to its full potential.

I have a 850k combo with Deadpool using cutting time into proton cannon, which not even including chipping with projectiles means most the roster is TODed.

I can actually DHC from proton cannon into happy happy trigger no problem offline, and about 50/50 online. When QCF for proton cannon, hit H when the stick is down forward. It gives enough delay to do happy happy trigger. I usually stick with cutting time though, because you can dhc into Doom’s Sphere Flame for added insurance.

Are you on Xbox? I’m always down to show/learn Iron Man tech with a player that has undertaken the burden like myself.

c.L, s.M ,s.H xx H Quick Work, dash, j.S, j.H xx H Ninja Gift, dash, S, j.H, j.S, H Katanarama OTG xx Chimichangas!, M Katanarama xx Chimichangas! xx Happy Happy Trigger, DHCed into Proton Cannon after the final bullet hits is around 950k off a c.L and 980k off a j.S, I’d use that bnb.

As you said though if you want to DHC into Doom you need to combo into Cutting Time. But since you have Deadpool’s guns, Unibeam and Missiles assist all doing chip damage, they normally will have taken some damage and you kill them off that bnb.

Also another piece of advice, if you are resetting your teleport count by doing failed teleport malfunction OTG, call Unibeam right before you OTG. This increases the damage significantly and pins the opponent right below you for a meaty s.L.

I don’t play on Xbox, sorry. But let me know if you need anymore help. I think Deadpool and Iron Man is a good shell.

Bummer about no Xbox. I’ll try that tech. Thanks.

Firebrand (Charge) / Frank West (Cart) / Iron Man (Repulsor Blast)

Working on a team tech video for it. Team is mad silly.

Chris (machine gun), Spidey (web ball), IM (repulsor)… I eat top tier teams up daily.

Thor (Spark)/ Dormammu (Dark Hole)/ Iron-Man (Repulsar Blast)

Wesker/ spiderman, iron man beam, deadpool katanarama