What are the exact inputs for Chun's Lightning Legs Loop? and O/S Thread

Been trying the heck out of this since I saw Meeks AU abuse so many people with it. I watched his video on how he does it and OneHandedTerror does it the same way. I can only muster two loops thus far. They both actually go:
:db::hp:~:hk:, :mk:~:lk:~:mk:~:hk: [Legs activated] ~ :mk: 3 times then repeat to :db::hp:
You have to do it so dang fast and I actually only get off once every 6 or 7 failed tries so I?ll be trying SnakeAes?s thumb idea it may help me out.

I do want to say it is possible with a PS3 controller. Which I primarily use because I?m not really comfortable with my fight stick, though it is a ton easier with a stick.
For those who want to try it on a controller I was using L2 for a my hard punch and I would tap R2 for my hard kick and lastly roll my thumb back and forth over X and O for my other two kicks. I never actually got off a loop with it as the EX Legs kept activating as I rolled my thumb.

The problem I see with doing complex combos like that on a pad is that you almost have to re-design your controller layout to accommodate doing the combo in the first place, which causes the rest of your game to suffer as a result.

I think if you have a fight-stick, and if it’s any good, you should just use it and practice on it. Ultimately the results are much, much better imo.

Just my two cents.

I have a nice stick, its the Chun TE verison, my biggest problem is I have a hard time nailing the same combos that I can wih the controller, my fingers are slow and dumb I guess. But I will keep at it and eventually taper off my controller use.

My suggestion is, hit up Trial mode and do all Chun’s challenges. Do them from each side (so retry until you complete it from both the left and right side). Keep track of the combos you had trouble with, and practice them (or similar combos) in training mode.

Also, practicing stupid, flashy, high-execution combos in Training Mode is something I did to pass time and to improve execution. A lot of flashier combos utilize a lot of different execution moves, which is what helps you learn to do the moves accurately and quickly. I don’t know if it will help you, but it helped me.

Some of my personal favorites are:
b+MK, MK FADC Forward, headstomps x3
In the corner, same combo as above, just no FADC (have to jump really late)
Focus Crumple > Backdash Cancel > Jump Forward, Single Headstomp > j.HP > Ultra 2
Focus Crumple > Backdash Cancel > Jump Forward, Single Headstomp > j.HP > EX SBK > Ultra 1 into the corner
cr.HP xx HK Legs MK Legs > cr.MK xx EX Kikoken xx Lv2 Focus [Crumple] Forward Dash Cancel > delayed df+LK [Launcher] > Forward Dash > EX Legs > Ultra 1/2

damn those sound tough! especially that last one, I’ve actually tried the focus crumple and dash back into head stop and j.HP. I saw OneHandedTerror do it but I miss the dash back into MK head stomp all the time.
In fact you mind if I send you a friend request? maybe we can endless battle some time, I’ve found I can learn some things that way. If not its cool, I won’t be offened haha!

I will gladly accept the add, but I won’t be able to play you with any sort of proficiency because my TV has input lag like hell.

Oh no worries, I was completely unaware of all this TV lag stuff until I got on these forums. I have just a basic Sony that is older then my PS3, haha! But I’ll send you a request for sure!

Yeah, it’s awful. I can’t even block crossups on reaction anymore on my new TV.

I have quick questions on the Legs loops now that I’ve been messing around with it and a few other combos that I’ve picked up on here.
I’m actually able to get 2-3 ‘loops’ going before messing up but I’m noticing its not a consecutive combo string. Like MeeksAU and WiiWh1pptes’ casual fight videos it looked like they are getting 10-20 hits depending on how long they use it of course, I on the other hand get a 5 hit combo after the leg inputs. So I’m apparently not continuing proper momentum back into my Cr.HP. Just wondering if you guys had a problem with this at first and how you rectified it.

Loop help

Does anyone know how to combo into ultra 1 off hk>mk legs because most of the time I can’t get it. I wait for the sparks to go away during the hk legs before I do the utra but sometimes it wont combo. I got it to combo once and did a 71 hit combo on Rufus in training mode still working on it so I can do it in a real match like gunslinger meeks lol. Also I’m having a very hard time doing cr.fp>kikoken fadc on player 2 side It’s not hard for me to link the cr.hp after the legs but getting the kikoken to come out after the cr.hp is the problem. What could I be doing wrong that’s causing it not to come out.

VCFan1001

As far as the Kikouken goes you have to fire it as soon as the first punch hits, just like the legs. I always hold down and back during these moves or chipping in Lks and Lps, before going into a standing position where I’ll sometimes fire a LP kikouken or EX.
If you are having a problem getting it off you may just be trying to hard, haha, sounds weird but sometimes I try and force a move and it just doesn’t come out because my timing is too agressive.

True lol I tried it again on abel and I just did it without worrying about missing the link and did a 81 hit combo without the ultra combo lol, but it still didn’t stun him though =/ I was only able to get 3 reps or hk legs on him before I had to fadc.

Found a new option select for Cr. HP xx HK legs MK legs followup (not for the loop though… this is more practical though):

You do Cr. HP xx HK legs MK legs with whatever method you find most comfortable. Then when it comes time to do a followup, input HK~MK~LK and then quickly double tap all three kicks. Input the first HK~MK~LK with the timing for attempting to link into the sweep. What happens is you plink the sweep attempt, then plink a crouching forward attempt and buffer in the EX legs cancel. If you time it perfect you’ll get the sweep, if your timing is a bit early you’ll get the cr. mk XX EX legs. Just be careful not to be too late basically.

I saw desk’s hands in another video, can’t remember which, where he went

:hp::mk::hk::mk::lk::hk:

In order to do it, what he did was plink the :hp::mk:, then piano the :hk::mk::lk: and end on the :hk:

You can think of it as two inputs, the plink and then a very fast transition to the piano. I’m practicing it right now, and while I can’t do it so quickly yet, I feel a lot more comfortable with it then I felt with the pinky on :hp: method.

I just figured out how to do it, and I’ve been using the method you mentioned. Do the :hp::mp: plink with your index and middle finger, then move your fingers down quickly and piano :hk::mk::lk::hk:. Do this until the inputs are one smooth motion with your hand; basically until it becomes ingrained in muscle memory.

Then start implementing :mk::mk::mk::mk::mk::mk: when you are fully comfortable with the initial piano method.

I am still having trouble getting the :d: :hp: link after however and my wrist hurts like hell lol. :tup:

Yeah the sweep afterwards is the toughest part for me as well. I slide it now, but I really want to piano it. I just want to be able to reliably get the sweep afterwards so I can stop eating dp’s.

If your wrist hurts, STOP. Before you play, stretch. It seems geeky, but seriously, just do it. Stretching for like 10 seconds in between matches can really help.

EDIT: Also, how much do you think you tighten your wrist when you do the loop? Right now, my wrist gets really tight, but I think it’d be better if I tried to deliberately relax it as I rolled the input.

If you’re having trouble with the cr.RH end it with something easier? I know you don’t get the untech knockdown but you also don’t eat DP’s :slight_smile:

A good link finisher that saves meter and is fairly easy to use (and still effective for damage and stun) is cr.jab, st.fierce it pushes them away as well, like I said is good for meterless damage from the legs and can have super linked onto it if you really want…

I can’t get the cr.RH evertime still which is a shame cos the timing for it is the same as the timing for the loop link so I still drop the loop a fair bit of the time (hence I only go for it to style on players worse than me)

At first it was really bad, and I had to stop for a day. As I became more comfortable with the inputs my hand became a bit more relaxed and my wrist didn’t hurt as much, but it is still sort of an issue.

I find that my hand gets confused and sort of stiff if I don’t practice the combo though. What I need to do is understand the combo in my head so I don’t fuck it up- instead of relying heavily on muscle memory. I’m going to try learning it like a scale on the guitar. Start off slow with the inputs and work my way up, so that I can do it 100%.

I really dislike using index and middle fingers to plink the cr.HP xx Legs loop.

Here are my exact inputs:

:hp:~:lk:, :hk:~:mk:~:lk:, :hk:~:mk:, :mk::mk::mk::mk:

I hit :hp: with my ring finger and plink :lk: with my thumb, then move my hand down and piano :hk:~:mk:~:lk: with my ring, middle and index, in that order, then basically do it again but stop on the MK and mash it.

My idea originally was to try and make this as simple (and safe) as possible:

• Plink allows for easier combo execution
  • Plink serves as first kick input
  • Piano-ing down HK~MK~LK is similar to the way most people idly drum their fingers (while waiting for something or while impatient, for example), so it’s already a fairly comfortable motion to do
  • If you miss the plink and do it too early, you get cr.LK which will almost always combo after the loop, so you’re safe

Try using the OS I posted a few posts up from yours, it really works well for me and I never get hit by mashed DP’s during the combo.