Weird scaling issue with darkhole assist

So far i’ve been consistently landing the unscaled damage with Thor’s mighty spark assist (about 8/12)

The spaces between the spark hits make it easier to get the just frame. Is it possible to combo from MS to mighty punish whiff?

I got the glitch using drones and the combo did 753,800 vs 664,100 without the glitch. However, the opponent teched immediately upon landing after the Maximum Spider, and didn’t get hit by my follow up dhc into Zero’s rekkoha. Rekkoha only connected when I used it while the opponent was in the air (early dhc). Zero’s dhc glitch combo with sougenmu also drops the second the opponent hits the ground, but when I try the dhc glitch combo after the glitchless 664,100 combo, the dhc glitch combo drops in the air before I can get the opponent to the ground. This is weird considering in the sample video, the opponent lands, gets otg’d, and combo’d further. Also, my combo goes from 28 to 30 hits when I land it, but I don’t always get the unscaled Maximum Spider.

It’s funny, cause your opponent gets up as soft knockdown and free to move, but spiderman is also invulnerable to any attacking moves until his super is fully finish, so it’s safe. Don’t know about the DHC into another character though.

Nah he can be hit. I’ve experienced that nightmare :sad: it may be an inconsistency though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The Spidey DHC glitch is a just frame. It works with any assist as long as you get to hit MS just as the assist’s attack hits. Hit stun is reset (pop shredder still works after a long combo) but hits are scaled from the last counted hit of MS (15 max hits) before you DHC. I think Storm can also do this glitch because of the nature of her elemental rage hyper.

The problem with doing this with Spidey is that his MS clings to his side of the screen first before the hyper flash so the timing variable depending on how far Spidey’s back travel is. Though Spidey’s combos have good corner carry which minimizes some of the inconsistencies, there the problem of this is that his MS takes more time to wall cling.

Since Deadpool has a similar glitch with his bolo (which I think is a just frame too), it may be possible that all capture state moves + just frame assist hits result in unscaled (damage and HSD) follow up damage. Spidey has 3 capture state moves which can all be followed up for combo extensions. The problem is which assists/characters do you pick to make the glitch work more consistently.

Does this RESET scaling or is UNSCALED?

Both. It takes the combo back to an earlier point where scaling was less both increasing damage and allowing more hit stun to play with. Spidey seems to have many a use of such glitches like this unfortunately for the time being they are too inconsistent for practicality