"Way of the Cooking Dragon" - Marshall Law Combo Thread

Add the extra st.MP for some extra damage =)

After trying it, the extra st.MP(or cr.MP) actually lowers the damage by 1.

Epic stuff!

Anyway guys, I just uploaded a basic combo video to show some juggle possibilities with Law:

[media=youtube]sjPc5RXZGgs[/media]

At the end of the video, you’ll find a no-meter combo for 435 dmg =)

If you use Steve’s command throw, you can switch into Law do HK, HK, MP Fury Punch, Cross Art

almost 700 damage haha

I think you’re short changing a lot of your combos by not using c.HP on bound heh. It’s not thaaaat slow. I’ve been using a lot of c.LP, c.MP xx MP Fury Fist, c.HP xx Dragon Charge-> Knuckle-> Kick to send them into the corner. For tag ins I do … c.HP xx HK Shaolin Kicks, tag cancel

I agree, but I actually tried to mix things in the video so you can see what followups you have after MP FuryFistRage for example. Those combos are not meant to be the best, but just to show people what kind of links they can do, and what kind of juggle they can choose as well =)

Yep, HK Shaolin Kicks is very nice for tag cancelling, I think I have finally found my second character (Jin), so I’ll have to experiment some tag combos now =)

Got a cross arts combo that depending on character does 592 + damage.

with Hugo it was 633

. J :hk: , C :mp:, C :mp:, C :hp: :d: :db: :b: EX :k: :k:, C :hp: or S :hp: :d: :df: :f: :mp:+:mk:
or
J :hk: , C :mp:, C :mp:, C :hp: :d: :df: :f: EX :p: :p:, C :hp: or S :hp: :d: :df: :f: :mp:+:mk:

Maybe I’m missing something here, but I don’t think that combo is possible outside of training mode. The EX uses 1 bar and the cross art uses 3. You could try canceling into qcf.MP instead of the EX, but you’d have to drop the C.HP.

Just tried j.HK, cl.HK, c.Mp, c.MP, qcf.MP, HP, qcf MP+LK and it gave me 602 dmg

Alright, here’s some things I found for Law.

1. His mk slide kick is awesome: 0:27
  2. He’s an over all, AMAZING team mate for almost any team I can think of.
  3. He has lots of juggle potential. It’s insane.
    [media=youtube]KYkyykad3Kc[/media]

Instead of slide kick at 0:27, you can just use step forward - st.HP for a little extra damage =)

YEah was in training mode didn’t realize cross arts uses 3 bars. I guess I see why damage is great

How do you combo cr.mk into Dragon Charge P? Couldn’t do the relevant trial beacause of this as it never combos for me.

Frank

Try piano-ing the two punch buttons: :hcb::p:~:p:

I keep gettin ex-dragon charge without the P. Why wont Law stop screaming at me!

Frank

yeah i have trouble with this, the forward down slide makes it akward to combo c.mk with dragan charge. I can do it but not consistantly

Try to do something like cr.MK (or cr.MP!) - Dragon charge - MASH P MASH P MASH P!!!
I do that when I play online lolz. At least I won’t miss this one because of the lag ^^

For people who are having trouble with the dragon stance follow ups. If you use cr.HP to juggle instead of cr.mk you can hold down forward which makes the input 10 times easier than cr.mk > half circle back P > P > K

So the inputs will be something like this:

Junk Yard kick > knuckle rush > :df::hp: > :d::db::b: :hp: > :hp: > :hk:

or

J.hk > cr.lp > cr.lp > cr.mp > ex shaolin kicks > knuckle rush > :df::hp: > :d::db::b: :hp: > :hp: > :hk:

(remember you are canceling the cr.hp into the dragon stance)

I think there are only a few instances where cr.mk has to be used, but with everything else you should be using this. Not only gives you some extra dmg, but also makes things easier.

i haven’t really seen any of my opponents using it nor have i seen it on stream but if i have one bar my best combo is…

close rh , cr. strong, cr. strong xxqcf mp(tag cancel immediately) then immediately start charging charge move until auto super.

timings a little tight for some characters but its basically a one bar super.

Asked in the general thread but got no responses so I’ll check here -

[FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=11px][FONT=verdana]I’ve been using simple abc launcher with my main char and then going into Law’s back+mp, mp to start the ground bounce combos. In training it worked absolutely fine, but in real matches sometimes my back+mp makes him run under the launched character. Is there a specific timing for certain chars due to size? On Ryu training dummy it seemed to work 100% even when mashing mp, but in a match on Ken it even went under. In an Ibuki match it went constantly under unless I did a pretty big pause before hitting the mp. Any info?[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

It’s mostly timing. Sometimes the distance of where the launch occurred can affect your window of time to link it because they might land right on the hits or under and you miss.