Video Game General 6.5: Now with more surprise mechanics

We are at the end of September and I feel like this backlog of games I got is never going to end. Although outside of Pokemon and Death Stranding this holiday feels quiet.

2 Likes

By that same token, it doesnā€™t seem to be a lot of major bombs for next January like this year.

Itā€™s a massive improvement imo. Going black was the smartest move they could have possibly made.

1 Like

NeoGeo stick up for preorder on amazon

Ships 11/22 (MY BIRTHDAY!)

1 Like

Wonder if Switch can handle Ori. Iā€™ll be curious to read about the performance. If it seems to be the same as X1X was I may get the sequel on Switch if itā€™s coming to it.

Welpā€¦

Suit now includes the lite

3 Likes

Wow the new Aladdin movie was fantastic. Did not expect that shit. Will Smith freaking killed it as genie.

ok hell YEAH this game is the shit, manā€¦ Iā€™m already loving it

If you even slightly like sidescrolling beatemup action you NEED this greatness in your life.

Just a quick glimpse of some good little crucial details this is serving up, folksā€¦
dashing attacks, mid-air combos, quick-recover moves, ā€œdown>upā€ launcher attacks, specials, unlockable characters from what I hearā€¦thereā€™s a lot of good stuff on the plate here. Sheeeit, Iā€™m already strongly leaning towards a double-dip so I can have it portable on Switch too (I didnā€™t know until just now it was on XB1 too so I got that version)

this guy takes a bit of time breaking it down:

6 Likes

Game looks dope as fuck. Reminds me of the NeoGeo Pocket snk Fighters when it comes to playable characters but TMNT/Battle Toads when it comes to enemy variety.

Back drops are crazy stylish too.

1 Like
1 Like

He used that SFIV font, fuck that guy.

1 Like

ohhh this is too good; I love how the big bull-faced dude has perfect ā€œTIGER UPPERCUTā€ form with his uppercutā€¦the only thing missing there is him actually calling it out as ā€œTiger Uppercut!ā€ :smile: I know a legal team would probably have something to say about it though if they went there.

Editā€”ehhhh the Bull dude ā€œRicardoā€ā€¦ at least my first impression isnā€™t so great compared to other characters; Iā€™m having an easier time playing as F. Norris so farā€¦ohhhh and Norrisā€™ moves are the shit, manā€¦ press jump twice and he does a FAST dive-kick you can easily start combos with

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Magicriderr/status/1177276279315456000

DIS TEW FUN.

Some cancel combos, everyone else thus far seems to use the same BNB. But Iā€™ll do my own shit.

As to why I play this game as much as I do, plays sick, and surprisingly isnā€™t dead online. Also netcode is superb. Most not SF, Tekken, MK FGā€™s are dead in 2 weeks, if that. This remains active, and most people know how to play.

2 Likes

Well, this new Contra game turned out to be much much worse than what I was expectingā€¦

damn, after some quick research, I see that the unlockable enemy characters in Fight N Rage cannot be played in arcade modeā€¦damnnnn I was hoping for that since I already unlocked the first fewā€¦ :pensive:

Been playing Castlevania Grimoire of Souls the last couple days and itā€™s not bad, but I can see how grindy itā€™s going to get. You get towards the end of the first grimoire and things start to pick up a bit. You try to play that on Hard Mode to level up a bit more and it triples the suggested battle level so youā€™re doing next to no damage, but grimoire 2 on normal is definitely a few steps above where you should be too. So grind city. But so far the weapon rng has been pretty good to me, I got 2 5 star weapons for Alucard and a 4 star for Shanoa, though Iā€™ve been making Simon and havenā€™t really gotten anything that good for him yet.

I need to get back to Bloodstained though, I think Iā€™m near the end and I kind of put it down.

1 Like

Decided to optimize the stance cancelling stuff with that new character. One meter drain version, and a not meter version.

They have slight differences before the finish, some moves are taken out of the version that has EX move + super, as the additional moves will cause hitstun to decay before getting there.

This game is fun. Thereā€™s tons of other fun games, and I come up with combos for all that shit, but in this game, I get to actually fight MFā€™s and put the combos to use. LOL.

Crazy thing, I donā€™t know anything past the original Rangers. All these characters are like Who TF is this dude? Then the next guy coming has Cableā€™s exact HPx5, hnnng.

1 Like

This is the new mobile game right? What platforms is it available on? I just tried looking it up in the App Store and nothing came up.

New Under Night game is getting a collectors edition in the west

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1177993663017824256?s=21

2 Likes