Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

it cost next to nothing for Activision to make a 2nd or 3rd disc if the games all didn’t fit on the first disc. 5 Cents at the most.
Making two thirds of the collection download only makes having the first disc redundant.

There no jumping to conclusions here, its clear Activision don’t care.
Even with updated graphics, there no reason why 3 PS1 era games don’t fit onto 1 Bluray Disc.
And even if they had some super huge 4K texture files, it does not cost that much more to put additional discs in the god damn box.

2 Likes

It’s Activision.

I found a solution for this problem ages ago.

It doesn’t involve Activision.

1 Like

Agreed. My solution is not to buy their shit.
To me the last game that was relevant that they made

1 Like

And THAT game even had an awesome bonus game tucked inside it.*

*Upon game start, go left.

1 Like

Uhhhhh…

7 Likes

Heroin…

…what?

Meth, innit?

EDIT:

Or, Angel Dust, I guess, if Hecatom.

Fighting game of the generation is on sale bois. You know what to do.

TRIPULL BWEAK

2 Likes

Honestly, with Resident Evil 1 and 2 remade and Resident Evil 4 still holding up there is not really any Resident Evil games worth remaking.

P.S. Gender Flip Terry is stupid. They already made a shitty female version of him with Alice in KoF XIV. I guess they realized Alice was garbage.

Fatal cutie Terry Bogard would actually be a cutie if SNK heroines didn’t look worse than kofxiv.
I like her art they show the trailer though. The model is awful though.

Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica could benefit from the remake treatment. Ideally I would like it if REmake 2 would tie in better with RE3 knowing the events of both games happen simultaneously. I wouldn’t mind if RE3 was made into an expansion pack for REmake 2.

2 Likes

Please provide link to Activision claiming it’s not on disc due to storage reasons.

I’ll hang up and listen.

RE1 or 2 on PSVR would be incredible. Or CV even.

The thing is that Resident Evil 3 was basically a glorified asset dump with a ridiculous amount of padding and a completely forgettable plot. Code Veronica felt more deserving of the main line treatment. However, despite an interesting plot, the environment and slow pacing made it boring. Neither really gave a sense of exploration, tension, or keeping a player on their toes.

P.S. PSVR does not have enough support to make business sense and first person would make a large portion of the potential player base even more reluctant to invest in these titles.

CV Was indeed more deserving of the main plot treatment…oh wait, that’s because it was DEVELOPED that way. Code Veronica was supposed to be the actual RE3 but Sony pulled their Exclusivity card to get a new Mainline title on the PS1 to follow up RE2. So they just took the Gaiden game they were working on, put in Jill Valentine and called it RE3.

Also, there should be no more RE remakes. The next Remake, the ONLY remake that should be done is Dino Crisis.

CV is a mainline game. Not having a number doesn’t make it a Gaiden game. CV is one of the more important games in the series as it brought Wesker back and establish the rivalry with Chris.

I would prefer they remake Onimusha, as it is a game that could greatly benefit from advancements made in its genre.

P.S. The Wesker bits were added in the later ports and I am aware of development history of 3 and Code Veronica.

1 Like

The Onimusha games are fine as they are. They need a new one rather than an outright remake.

Dino Crisis suffered an (excuse the pun) identity crisis throughout its entire franchise. A remake would be exactly what it needs to really show what it’s intended to be.

The Wesker bits were there in the original game. What CV X did was add like two cutscenes and the Wesker Report DVD that explains what canonically went down in the games before it.

That is strange. My friend and I never encountered them during our playthrough on the Dreamcast, but a quick search confirms that they were present.

P.S. Nobody wants to play another Dawn of Dreams or gave a fuck about that game in the first place.

3 Likes