Versus Human Gill

Well, it won’t be apparent to you because your opponent is a scrub, so you can get away with not being able to kara things. However there are no mid to high level competitive players that simply dont use their characters kara throws. Kens kara dp is probably one of the few things not essential to his game. So maybe “playing to win” against your scrubby Gill playing friend doesn’t involve advanced tactics, but in the grand scheme of things, purposefully handicapping yourself is more along the lines of “playing for honor”, “playing without glitches” than playing to win. Not using kara cancels doesn’t make the game less enjoyable, so there is no real reason to not use them besides trying to stay honorable, and everyone on srk will laugh at you if thats your motivation.

Also, its highly likely your friend is very predictable when he plays, so your awesome parry skills won’t make up for your refusal to kara cancel things once you play real players. I don’t mean to sound like an ass, but you need to realize this refusal to play with glitches wont get you any respect, and is an attitude that is frowned upon by the sf community. Once you learn to embrace all the tools you have at your disposal, you’ll be a much better player.

Gill is the best character of the game… So the easiest way to beat him would be using the 2nd best… Yun… just turtle till u get geneijin then go all offense and zenppu tenshi on gills wake up would help too and the shoulder move goes under fireballs so if he spams it.

akuma round house tatsumaki/air fireball forever>>>>>>>>>> scrub gill

Gotta hand it to you, you’re right. And nope, I’m not being sarcastic.

IMO, not Kara cancelling is kinda like not super cancelling or super jump cancelling.

God, lol, well said(stands and applauds)

If you kara cancel with Ibuki you reset the game.

Kara-canceling in 3S may have not been intended from the makers of the game, but it sure as hell isn’t nearly as bad as roll-canceling in CvS2. That is the definition of “broken” right there.

true true

roll canceling is dope. i want rc mantis slashes in this game :cool:

Um, not embarassing enough to stop picking him apparently -_-; If this guy you’re playing against really felt like he wanted to win 100% of the time against you he’d be the one posting here along with you.

Something like “Need help beating people with Gill” thread and you’d have your counter “Need help beating Gill” thread in the same section and we’d all have fun and pick sides for the ultimate showdown :tup:

As for advice, do what most of us would do and punch him square in the nose for continuing with the faggotry. Honor is what got the cool dude killed in Last Samurai. What was he thinking charging the gattling gun on Horse <- :lol: PFFF

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

If your opponent has the nerve to use Gill to get some wins, you should have no problem using any method to beat him. For instance, I say pick your character, start the match, and then kick your opponent in the dick. Serves him right :lovin: I guarantee anybody watching that takes the game seriously will give you the almighty slow clap

^:lol: @ “the almighty slow clap”

err, kara-cancelling has been around waaaaaaaaay before 3s, if it was a glitch or capcom didn’t want it in the game it would have never been there in the 1st place.