USF4 | Unlisted Changes

deejays close standing LP and LK also push back more too

Ken - LP Shoryuken is -19 on block was -20

His cr.MK seems like it has a smaller hurtbox but we probably won’t be able to verify this till the PC Version. Im positive it is not the same (its better than AE2012) through the various tests I have ran. The file was definitely changed though

For a reason that I do not know, the hitboxes that force stand tend to have 1f more hitstun than the ones that do not force stand with the same target animation value. I’m pretty sure TK’s 1st hit would have 1f more hitstun since it forces stand now.

@Shinebox
Yeah I think you’re right about that cr.MK. Ken’s using the data of the good ol’ Super version instead of the nerfed AE version from what I can see.

Record video of USF4 deejay doing light attacks x3 on hit/block without moving with the opponent in the corner then do the same for AE2012 version then try vs a couple of dif opponents. There is no pushback change listed. Actually there isn’t any change listed for sLP/crLP/sLK at all. That doesn’t mean that they couldn’t have done SOMETHING via the engine as not everything is stored in character files.

CH change is generally assumed to be included with any recovery change I thought. Unless they actually change the CH properties of a move itself.
Actually they didn’t change juggle potential at all. Just massively increased the hitboxes. http://watissf.dantarion.com/sfultradiff/BOS_AE2012_TO_ULTRA.html#change-UC_TYPHOONUC_TYPHOON

The SRK thing makes no sense as the only change was reducing blockstun by 3F. Try punishing with a reversal of Guy’s LP Hozanto then try HK CW from Fei and finally Yun’s HP Lunge punch. Those are 19-18-17F startup respectively.

ATM Yang/Yun/Evil Ryu/Oni’s files aren’t up on Ultra Dif. I asked dantarion about that. I’d have to go through the raws which would take for-ever.

@Eternal‌

I was wondering if you can help me out as I am really confused right now.

Gen’s Mantis cr.LP got a hidden change with more hitstop and stuff.
From the one I found, SelfHitStop was increased by 2 (8->10) and TargetAnimationTime was increased by 3 (8->11). Same goes for Counter Hit (8->10), (10->13)

Before Ultra, Mantis cr.LP was +5/+2 on hit/block, and was +6 on CH.

After Ultra, Mantis cr.LP still is +5/+2 on hit/block, but it is +7 on CH.

Each one went up by the same value so I do not understand the discrepancies between these. You’re still looking into other characters so I won’t ask you to help out right now. If you could take a closer look into it when you’re reading Gen’s changes however I would really appreciate it.

edit: Fuck I am retarded. The combo still drops mid-animation afterall. I forgot to switch versions. Whatever, the U2 has 25 additional lines and Juggle:1 instead of Juggle:255 at the end. :frowning:
I guess they added a hit box.

2012: [272/255] j.MP (x2), j.MP, d.MK, d.MK, d.MK, d.HK (whiff), U2 - 14 hit combo
USFIV: [296/255] j.MP (x2), j.MP, d.MK, d.MK, d.MK, d.HK (whiff), U2 - 15 hit combo

Awesome, called it :smiley:

They said Bison had greater pushback on SK, and I thought it was, but I think I was wrong. It is the same as AE2012

TargetAnimation time has a weird formula, so I’ll explain it in a simple way. 8 and 9 effectively behave the same way, so increasing it from 8 to 11 would be like changing it from 9 to 11. Increasing it from 10 to 13 would act normally though.

Hey Smith, I’ve never been quite clear on what is the difference between juggle -1 and juggle 0. Can you school me on this?

Akuma

• Hurtbox added to demon flip dive kick
  • Third hit of EX tatsu expanded upwards slightly to improve consistency when used in combos
  • The diff data cites a changed YAccel value for his demon flip throw (all versions) though we cannot figure out if this has any real-world effect
  • Potential input leniency added to U2 - this is difficult to discern from the diff data however
  • Impact effects modified for U1. I believe this is cosmetic only, however I still need to confirm if the damage distribution has changed again (for example, in Super onwards, the last hit of U1 did a larger chunk of damage than those that preceded it, which was subject to significant scaling effects from any lead-in combos. It’s possible this has been tweaked again)

Ken’s 6HK appears to end at frame 44 instead of 45…

No idea what that means… It also had its block stun increased from 12 to 16

Its still -1 on hit though

It’s used to determine if 2 or more hitboxes in a single script should both hit, or be used seperately.
If you had two hitboxes that were meant to hit at different positions on the same frame, yet you didn’t want them both to actually combo if one of them connected, you would use juggle 0 on the second hitbox.

Updated main post with new stuff

So what is your take on the changes to Seth’s UC which got a new hitbox later on but it didn’t get any additional JP and the new hitbox is -1 Juggle (255). Yet somehow he now gets an additional hit doing the same combo in USF4 vs AE2012. Is it simply due to the change it hitbox sizes/positions?

blanka cr.mk has same frame advantage on hit and crouch of cr.mk, but it no longer gets any additional frame advantage on CH.

Do you mean that it’s 0F on block now? Or that it’s just +1/+5 instead and they only increased the hitstun?

Ken is punished by reversal lp hazanto after lp dp. not fei hk cw. is punished by Hp lunge punch.

edited my typo :slight_smile:

hmmm ok. Weird. I’ll look into it more, maybe it’s not actually -20F in AE2012?

Double checked file change, yup you’re 100% right. They changed his counterhit data to be EXACTLY the same as his normal hit data for frame advantage. derp.

While I haven’t looked at the data myself, if he got a hitbox later in, it has juggle as -1, juggle potential at 255, then it should be because of the hitbox they added, while the increase in size of the hitboxes should just cause them to fall out less.