USF4 | Tier List Thread (updated October 2015)

Speaking of Akuma I think he’s gonna come out still top 10. That hp thing is pretty big and I’m sure he can change his vortex stuff on reaction. “Losing” os demon off palm kinda sucks for him.

Edit: I guess he can just not do it if he reacts to the technical message. Lol

so I am going to be sneaking around looking for Gen tiers.

Until some major tourneys are played with on the final USF4 game then you cannot realistically have a tier list. USF4 not even 3 months old.

You make a tier list when good players win or lose in major tournaments with them.
Characters that consistently struggle in high level play is low/bottom tier.
Characters that hold their own in high level play and win consistently are high/top tier.

Its that simple.

Your favorite character is not good enough.

I could make a semi-automated match-up chart for the game, but I’ve a feeling no one will really use it anyway.

Character strength is not dictated by results. An amazing player can take a mediocre character and consistently get great results with them. that doesn’t mean the character’s tools are strong. It’s something alioune and I were discussing before and he believes it to an extreme even more than I do.

yeah, im not even going to post in here until…

dammit.

well played tier thread, well played

I think that given a few years, you’ll see the best characters rise to the top; there’s enough players chomping at the bit to get that to happen.

Tiers do not change.

The only thing that changes is human understanding and perception.

If anybody’s willing to try making an actual match-up chart somewhere down the line, I’ve already made the template on Google Docs that automatically calculates the figures.

https://drive.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0AlpWyNEiiBMndFNvWC1FbkxQX044Wkg2UGdTQ2gtTUE&mode=public

I know what you’re trying to get at, and I see your point. But even if there is “one true tier list”, referring to everything as “current estimates of the tier list” is too wordy.

At this early point I think most discussions should focus on where a character is moving on the tier list compared to SSF4. Some will be obvious, but others might not.

Hakan #2 lol on EH, nice trolling.

Honda dropped like a sack of shit all of a sudden on their list. Bottom 3, goddamn EH!

Sagat was for a while even at bottom 2.

I guess that having many fans is helpful at this list.

PR Rog must be streaming because E.Ryu only has 4 bad match ups? lol

So I guess this is less the “USFIV tier list thread” and more the “laugh at how stupid Eventhubs is” thread.

I approve.

Since there’s no real way of figuring the tiers for real just now yeah I guess. Gonna put matchup numbers already. Especially with the new characters. Crazy.

Expect Rolento’s matchups to be completely polarizing. He so far seems to be someone who either runs away with the matches, or gets completely trashed thanks to his non existent wakeup game. He’s freer than free.
What the hell am I reading on that Eventhubs “voting” list anyway? Do you just randomly upvote characters into the position you assume they should be in or something? Lists like that are completely irrelevant.

I can see this list taking much longer to fine tune than the others because even though it’s only the first few days, people generally are not using the new game mechanics at all from my brief experience. I’d say now that there are so many options with not only wake up but meter, folk are getting a bit flooded with choice.

It’s going to take a while for the DWU to be ingrained in general play.