USA East Coast SBO Qualifier News

**TOKYO GAME ACTION HOSTS USA EAST TOUGEKI 2007 QUALIFIERS. **

THIS IS A PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY, DATES, TIMES AND RULES WILL BE POSTED AT A LATER TIME

Tokyo Game Action has received our formal written notification from Arcadia magazine that we once again are the official location for American East Coast qualifiers for Tougeki Super Battle Opera 2007.

I have decided that we will host:

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
Tekken 5 D.R.
Hyper Street Fighter II The Anniversary Edition

As the first location in the US to have GG Slash, Accent Core, and Melty Blood AC Ver B, I appreciate and love both games and the communities that comprise them. I would love nothing more than to run qualifiers for them, have a huge group of people show up at Tougeki to represent the East Coast and TGA, but it would be selfish. I have to consider all qualifier locations, our fellow US locations, and appreciate the limited number of spot available for all games and the players themselves.

I do understand that we have amazing Guilty Gear and Melty Blood players at TGA and in the US, however, having run Tougeki qualifiers in the past, having strong personal ties to the Japanese fighting game community, everyone agrees that our strongest points this year are SF 3S, SF AE, and Tekken 5.

My goal is not to plaster the TGA name all over the place by running a large list of titles. It’s about respect for the players, respect for the the games and putting together solid teams.

If MB and GG continue to do well this year during our ranking battles and open play and the interest and skill level is consistent, I will run it next year, I promise (you can put me on record as saying that).

If anyone has any further questions on my decision, please direct all inquiries to my office, as always, I will be happy to talk to you.

Dates, times, rules and further information about TGA quals will be posted soon.

Thank you everyone for making this possible. A big thank you to Arcadia Magazine, Game Newton, Beat Tribe, Vision, Shibuya Sports land, FFA, Tom (Arlieth), John Choi and all our fighting game friends in the US, Canada, Europe, and Japan. As always, it’s about the fighters. It’s your dedication and support that makes this possible!

Respectfully,

TGA President - Andy McGuire

ae paid tickets?

all I wanted to know

Dang! :wink:

AE NOT ST??? maybe i can make this work :slight_smile: as long as i can still use some ST chars i should be good :slight_smile:

Quoted by Arlieth on www.denjin-video.com :tup:

“Super Battle Opera takes place in Japan on August 10th, 2007.”