Unleash the Elements: The Storm Team Building Thread

I sit Storm in the middle of any team that I run.
But Its not the worst case scenario when she is the last one standing.
Her whirlwind is a pretty strong zoning tool, even without an assist.
LVL3 XFC Hailstorm is GDLK, time one for you opp as they enter, before they have time to place there feet on the ground and call XFC to prevent chip.
If you catch an assist in a Hailstorm and it doesnt kill them, often time you can get them with some more hits if you call another one immediatly (I have issue with getting this to work 100%)
XFC or not Storm can swoop in and out very fast, he normals can feel alittle slow but your abilitly to fly circles around your opp will make up for that.
It does suck though try to get in with her without coverage from an assist, Ill have to admit.
But XFC zoning with whirlwind can be deadly too, I do mostly air whirlwinds and mix it up with Lightning spheres in the appropriate directions

I play Storm Trish Sent. My best character is Trish and Storm can DHC glitch into Trishs sword Hyper. If i have 3 levels and i feel like wasting meter and getting my opponent to say “what the fuck” then ill do a bnb with storm, elemental rage, dhc glitch into sword hyper from Trish, and then superjump and do Trishs other hyper… like i said, just for the lols, but they are cool lols :slight_smile:

Storm is also one of the very few characters to which i can DHC with my Trish BnBs… normally, when i end a BnB with Trish with her air Hyper, the hit stun from the last hits is too small to DHC into anything… and i fukin hate that… but with storms Hail Storm its no prblem, that hit things on the 1st frame so its one of the only characters with which i can do that.

Sentinel is there for 3 reasons… 1) he can also DHC Glitch with storm 2) His assist works perfectly for Storm and for Trish 3) X Faxtor lvl 3 Sentinel is still very very stupid, and can kill anyone with 1 hit, even if u suck as him as much as i do

In my Arthur/Hulk/Haggar team, Hulk is such a liability. If Arthur dies, all people need to do is run away from Hulk and they win. Tragic…

So I want to get rid of Hulk or Haggar and put in Storm. But I got 2 problems

Haggar is THE better assist out of the 2. So he is quite the asset. Hulk has a bad ass GTFO assist too, but Haggar sets up alot… Its ridiculous how much he can set up for Arthur.

I have a theory on a damn good DHC. Storm’s Lightning Storm DHC to Hulk’s Gamma Crush. If it works, then that is 80% of free damage. Ouch.

So what should I do? Should I sacrifice a beast ass assist for a possible DHC (and my Hulk is better than my Haggar) or should I give up the possible great damage for this amazing assist?

Btw, this team is lame is suppose to be lame as fuck, but its suppose to punish hard too.

I appreciate all of your opinions.

PS. WSS aint that good. In fact it sucks limp dick Trollface.

WSS is quite the team actually. Its a shame that I don’t play Wolvie no more…

How do you guys feel about my team of She-Hulk(Torpedo), Trish(Peekaboo), Storm(Whirlwind)?
Whirlwind assist helps against zoners and has pushaway if you want them off you, while peekaboo traps and stuns and somewhat provides as AA also. She-Hulk seems like a good point char for Trish/Storm for those two are very low on life, and if She-Hulk dies I have Trish w/ whirlwind assist to play a nasty zoning game and let them come to me. Storm is also a very viable anchor with her speed and Hailstorm chip dmg. DHC’s are pretty good and have great possibilities for DHC glitch trick. Still wondering if I should switch Storm into second spot and put Trish as anchor to have better DHC for She-Hulk, and Trish w/ her speed is not a bad anchor either. Storm w/ peekaboo also plays a mean keepaway. What do you guys think? Any useful strats or suggestions? Thanks :smiley:

I would go with Hagar… every Lariat assist hit is a free hail storm… and if youre fast enough with hit confirming you can maybe even get a quick loop combo out of the Haggar assist and end it in OTG Hail Storm or Elemental Rage

Ive been actually thinking about using a secondary Team of Storm as point, Sentinal as 2nd, and Haggar as 3rd… I like it because people will NOT WANT to get near me, no matter what char is on point as long as the Haggar assist is there… if Storm is on point every Haggar assist hit is either a Hail Storm or a loop combo into hail storm… If Sentinel is on point every Haggar assist hit is a j.S into ground bounce into combo into HSF and in corner link to Plasma Storm

Ver, VERY annoying :slight_smile:

I run Storm/Hulk/Dr. Doom and I do Elemental Rage -> Gamma Quake. This uses the DHC glitch. You have to DHC to Gamma Quake before the last hit of Rage for it to not only work, but for the DHC trick to work. Not at all hard to get over 750,000 damage with this depending on what Storm combos you’re using.

I like to stick to DHC glitches that allow me to continue to combo after the Hyper.
Recently I began experimenting with:
Wesker/Storm/Task
Wesker/Storm/Sent
after I saw some of the stuff AkitaZero was doign with them.

Wesker Storm is cool, the glitch is reliable and possible from an OTG E.Rage.
But my zoning game leaves alot to be desired with Wesker right now.
But STorms whirlwind makes for some cool mix ups midscreen, like so:

Wesker air BNB hard knock-down, dash in, call Whirlwind assist, :df::h: cancel :l: teleport.
The whirlwind will push the opp pretty far back the the teleport will put you right behind them ready to do anything; throw, cr:l:, overhead, cross-up with j:s: and I think that you can even continue the combo, but I didnt spend time with this in training yet.

Also After a Wesker BNB (launch, hard knockdown, :df::h:, assist, launch, hard knockdown) if you do a :df::h: and cancel it into :a1:+:a2: you get Hailstorm which is awesome because it will hit no matter where Weskers crazy ass takes them.
Damage ~800k only need 1bar to start

Yeah for sure Ele Rage into Gamma Quake is probably one of the weakest practical examples of the DHC glitch in the game. Still pretty decent though. :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t ER into gamma crush do more damage? I imagine gamma crush will hit on the way up so thats a good 400k added to your ~500k combo. Although its prolly not that straight forward what with damage scaling and all that good stuff.

Trust me, I have been Raging into Gamma Crush for weeks now, and I was like “this is amazing!” However, I finally looked into it and Gamma Quake is more damage. I didn’t realize Gamma Quake works like Hyper Sentinel Force/Round Harvest/etc until recently (I haven’t been playing Hulk for long). Gamma Crush does hit on the way up, but it’s getting scaled damage, and while it is actually still comparable to Gamma Quake, it is less.

Cool, was just curious.

I’m experimenting with Wesker/Storm/Dante. I haven’t actually used the team online or offline against a live player (Not online because PSN is down), but you can loop for quite a long time between Wesker and Storm with the simple DHC glitch xx blah xx aerial tag down xx DHC glitch. yay. I’m still trying to get Dante’s combos down, like his OTG wallbounce combos and the acid rain loop, so I haven’t done anything amazing with Dante.

how do you follow up the gamma quake? isn’t the recovery too long for you to connect :s: or cr :h:?
Or do you use elemental rage to grab them in the air or somethign?

You can’t unless you x-factor or DHC again. Like I said, it’s one of the weakest uses of the DHC glitch I know of. Still scary though!

I still use Hulk from time to time but I’ve mostly switched him out for Thor since 4-16. The damage potential there is soooooo huge. DHC glitch off of Storm for over 1.1 mil? No problem! Thor handles zoning characters a lot better and overall I think he is a bit scarier. I had a tournament on the 15th and I remember fighting a Deadpool backed by Jam Session. I couldn’t get in there with Hulk at all and had to get Doom in. That being said if I’m getting rushed down like mad I will put Hulk back in, he handles that waaaay better. I feel like Sentinel fills that spot pretty well too, but my Sent is ass and I don’t like him anyways.

This is a Storm team-building thread though. I have to admit having a great defensive assist like Hulk’s AA, Haggar’s lariat, Hsien Ko’s hyper armor, etc. is pretty gdlk for Storm, but I’m biased. She is an excellent zoner on her own, and whether or not dropping a great defensive assist for the sake of insane combo potential and a little more zoning on your team is worth it would be up to the player.

So I don’t know how much it’s been talked about, but are there preferences for Dr. Doom’s assists for Storm? I use Molecular Shield when Hulk is on my team, and Hidden Missiles when using Thor. My decision is based almost entirely on those characters though and very little consideration went into what Storm needs. It’s interesting because she seems to benefit from any Doom assist quite a lot. Thor with Missiles is kinda cool, but if a certain assist stands out as the one to use with Storm, I’d rather go that route. Anyone have experience with Storm/Doom?

Depends how you play her I guess, but I would either use Missiles or Beam. Rocks is a pretty niche assist. If you play more rushdown or your 3rd can make good use of cross-up setups, I’d go with Beam (my personal choice). If you tend to play keepaway, go with Missiles. I’m over-simplifying here but that’s the gist of it. When in doubt, pick Missiles I suppose.

More experimentation with Storm/Zero/Sent. Pretty solid team combowise, DHC glitches all around. Still haven’t played it online or offline vs a real opponent, since PSN is still down D:

Using Zero’s Gamma assist works pretty well for Storm, I just wished it caused more blockstun.

Storm/DHC character (who?)/Skrull sounds good?

Use Skrull’s tenderizer for lockdown/otgs, and just run storm on point until you get enough meter to dhc trick to kill their char, then start meter building with character 2 soz storm can do her chipping/metered game later on. Who would work for the dhc slot, or should I even bother having one? Was also thinking about running Doom beam/Storm Whirl/Skrull Tend

Ideas and suggestions?

I just started using Storm ? / Task ? / Sent ? and I like their flow. Both assists are really useful for Storm. I really need to learn how to do Storm -> Task DHC glitch though, I’ve been trying ER -> Counter super but the always hit the ground first. Any tips?

Didn’t realize tenderizer was the angled up one. Back to the drawing board.

Prolly gonna run Storm Wind/Zero Hadan/??? some lockdown or zoning assist, dunno which yet. I don’t like starting storm on point, but I dunno what to doooo. :frowning:

Trying to build a Storm/Skrull team also. They both have some interesting anti-Phoenix qualities…