Unblockable SAII

dude… cancelling the last mp into yagyou is getting hard for me again… i’m trying to get out of the habit of buffing it, do i just have to spin the stick really fast for those 2 qc’s? damnit…

It’s all patience. I used to have the same problem, but you’ve got a long time to input it. As Jinrai said before, do the first motion right after the second noise he makes during the chicken combo, return to neutral, MP and do QCF, and then the associated punch.

Eh, aren’t there certain conditions that make it hit twice? I know that’s happened to me before. I’m pretty sure if you hit Dudley too early with the last s.MP (the one you cancel into Yagyou), his height off the ground makes him get hit twice. Also I think how quickly you cancel the s.MP into Yagyou matters also.

I just know I’ve done the setup before, waited for him to bounce once, and then super jumped, only for him to bounce again off Yagyou ruining the setup I usually use for Dudley (super jump over, double jump straight up, j.HK for the guard break). If you wait and super jump at the right time, you can see this in time though and save the setup…to be honest I don’t remember how, I think you just jump again once you land…but when he bounces twice, it gives so much time before he wakes up, that you should be able to improvise an unblockable on the spot.

What about Elena, Twelve, and Q?

Also, it’s way easier to do qcf, (neutral) s.mp, qcf+p ~ rather than s.mp qcf qcf+p

Tengu Stone is vastly superior against Elena and Q. Not only does the 100% stun work on them, but they like to keep their distance as well. By the time you land a chicken combo, chances are they’re too close to the corner to set up an unblockable.

As for Twelve, it’s Jab Yagyou and dash twice. Also, he can be crossed up in the corner.

Right on, didn’t know that worked on Elena, but I should’ve guessed. Thanks man. :tup:

that’s buffing. i’d rather cancel it normally, but it’s hard. :sad:

Who can be crossed up in the corner by an Oro? I could look it up myself but I’m lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

Dudley, Urien, Alex, Hugo, Necro, Twelve, and Akuma.

Ryu, Ken, and Sean can be crossed up after backthrowing them into the corner.

funsies setup on dudley cause i’m bored

chicken combo, end with early jabxxxmp yagou (this resets him midscreen in the air and hits him for like 3 times), hold uf to jump over twice, s.mp break on the other side for 1 hit of yagou

sure they can parry out, but since they’ve never seen that setup before they’ll be like wtf the first time

Really? That’s good to know… and kinda weird.

Hahahah, that’s cool.

Wait… so can you backthrow them, SAII, and cross them up even if they are backing themselves into the corner while the ball comes closer? This seems pretty unlikely…

I’m too lazy to actually turn my game on right now, but I’m pretty sure you can only cross them up in the corner while they’re downed with their feet toward the corner, which happens to be how they land when back thrown (feet away from you). If you were to SA2 (or EX Fireball for that matter) after a back throw, by the time you recovered from the move and then jumped, they’d be standing already (even without a safe fall) and you wouldn’t cross up. Unfortunately.

Heh that’s what I thought… :tdown:

EDIT: confirmed. It only crosses up when they’re still on the ground.

Ok, this is my little secret that im about to share, so anyone who uses it, make sure to scream out “Im doin the Grego!” in the match vid. Anyhoo, versus Ryu and Ken if your using yagyou and you mess up the cancel into yagyou and accidentally get the second hit of the mp canceled into mp.yag you can still keep your unblockable chain going. What you do is quickly dash twice, and then do lk.chicken, the lk chicken will cross up and break their guard with the yagyou ball, since the chicken brings them off the ground and the ball juggles them, you can walk ever so slightly toward them and cancel 1 hit close mp into yagyou, they will bounce once off the yagyou and you can proceed to finish up with more chains of yagyou unblocks. Since this isnt a traditional unblockable in the sense that they can quick roll, if you see them quick rolling you can do mk chicken instead of lk chicken to still catch them and continue your loop. Ofcourse this isnt the most useful thing in the world since it relies on you fucking up in the first place to start it, it does add to the viability of yagyou in the shoto match up. Ill post a video as soon as i get my ps2 back from satisfaction!!! so prepare to be amazed.

Oh i just remembered, their are a couple other times when chickening for the break is fairly useful. For example, if you do ex.uppercut cancel to yagyou, super jump toward them roundhouse, you will land directly infront of them with the fireball coming their way. As soon as you land you can do lk chicken to break their guard with the ball and then follow up with an uppercut or st.mp super jump cancel roundhouse etc. OR if you want to get fancy after setting up an unblockable on the shotos, you can do roundhouse for the break with the yagyou ball, st.mk, fierce upper canceled into fierce yagyou, dash x2 lk chicken, then either go into another unblockable, or just do something silly like st.mp super jump fierce punch for near to full stun, depends on wether you started the chicken combo for the unblockable with a jmping roundhouse or not. Again i will post videos of these setups aswell.

Oh, and yagyou for mother fucking life!

^your going to have to post a video because I’m confused as hell.

Second I use SaII vs. a Akuma player that doesn’t know that you can teleport on wakeup to avoid unblockable. In reality is SA2 out of the question vs akuma?

its not that its bad against akuma its just not as good.

on the one hand vanilla tengu can be teleported out of just the same. EX of both works but EX tengu does a ton more than EX yagyou and is easier to land. On another note vanilla yagyou can be used after tossing him into a corner and bait the teleport into a chicken combo… but really whats the point in chicken comboing if you can’t land the super?

also because Akuma has such a small stun bar Tengu is just the better option but SA2 isn’t out of the question. All of Oro’s supers are useable like a lot of the cast, some are just better than others for particular characters.

Sa2 is a terrible choice against akuma, i dont care what setups you may have or could use on him its not worth it. Teleporting out is easy as pie, and with one tengu combo youve won the round.

if Dudley did an EX jet upper while waking up in the face of Yagyou, is it possible for him to escape (by falling down)?

i think so. a friend of mine did that to me last night although my yagyou isn’t very good so maybe if you’re a pro you can avoid giving him that chance.