Ultra Yang Questions Here

you can rekka punish it somehwat easily if youre outside its range

J.mk is good against most characters. Don’t fret over this move, street fighter is no longer about knockdowns.

Side note: hp slash [first hit only] punishes rolentos rolling attack. Y’all are gonna thank me for that one later. That shit is the scrub killer.

Two questions:

1. This is from the change log: Light Kick Senkyutai: Hitstop increased on first hit only (8F->12F)

What does this mean?

1. Changelog also says his U2 has startup decreased from 7 frames to 6 frames. I imagine this make landing it from command grab much easier since its +7 on grab. Have you experimented to verify how reliable this is?

Thank you, bro !
I have another question : Is far mp (to slashes) so good ?

It’s a nerf to the OS lk dragon

Isn’t Yang “vortex” basically untouched/better with the better cross up mk?

Just a quick question about the far MP cancel. I did some testing with the PC mod, and when I cancel the far MP into roll kicks, it has a tendency to sometimes skip the roll and go straight into the kick at certain distances against crouching Ryu, Blanka, Guile, and Chun. I haven’t tested all the characters, but this is a major nuisance. Could you see if this shows up?

the command grab doesnt put you point blank. yang only starts the attack after getting super close. so it’ll force you to roll after a command grab which increases the start up

While I have not had this problem, I can tell you it’s likely plausible. The far.mp actually moves yangs whole body forward which at the right ranges on a crouching character could mess with the tracking on the rollkick

Sidenote: I got the side switching s.hk to work after reset mid screen. Is that possible in super?

yes it is

I just got j.HP, s.HP xx MP Palm xx Red Focus, EX Palm, MP Palm, far s.HP on Ryu in the corner. Damn.

I though cancelling into red focus takes 4 bars unless I’m just flat out wrong. Did you have meter set to infinite/refill?

It takes three. Arcades got no training mode.

I know it’s still very early, but from what you’ve seen at the arcades so far…do you think Yang is improved enough with his buffs and changes to the system overall to compete with most the cast?
What new characters(and old) present the most problems for him? Do you think Yang is better or on the same level as Yun now?

I think Yang will end up higher mid-tier.

He is the jack of all trades, and the master of none.
He has an abundance of tools which is great.
higher damage on c.LK is good.
far s.mp comboing is amazing for footsies.
Yang still has low damage output. [What hurts him here is that his comeback potential is very limited.]
Resets are much stronger in this game, because knockdowns got weaker.

Against Rolento is probably about even [You can punish his roll attack which is probably safe against half of the cast]
Poison also about even
Hugo I haven’t played enough to give much info. All I did was whiff punish him and he couldn’t do anything. Just don’t get hit by super.
Elena, I have played against like once and the other player was awful, so idk.

Yang is going to have trouble against the top tier namely, Sagat.
I also have a lot of trouble against Abel.

What is the point of the extra ‘hitstop’ on his DP? Does it make a noticeable difference? I can only guess that it gives more time to react and combo afterwards.

it’s just to get rid of his lk dp fadc option select that is in the current version.
you know, the one that gives you fadc if they block, but not if it hits.

I don’t know if I am writing in the right place… My friend was at Stunfest and he tested Yang in the new build of Ultra SFIV.
He told me that the mk cross up is better but it whiffs on Elena :frowning:
(Sorry for my bad English.)

I would like to know this too. This sounds bad…

Elena’s hurtbox is notoriously wonky. It wouldn’t surprise me.

I have another news to share you, guys :
Saunic, a top player (of Ibuki, Dhalsim) in Europe, told me that Yang’s dive kicks are slightly different. For example : the light dive kick is more vertical.
Generally he told Yang’s dive kicks are more fun to use :slight_smile: