Ultra SF4 - Edition Select

Seriously the c.mk situation sucks but to me the only thing that I feel heavily nerfed compared to what I can do at 2012 is counter hit to c.hk. Which honestly sucks a lot. But in return I get faster dash, airborne close mk and knock down hp ball. Definitely a trade worth it.

Most of the time I’m using electricity combos that doesn’t involve c.mk. As for footsie c.mk is important but it’s not even his top footsie normals.

Don’t think you need to over react to it especially it seems like you only have access to the CPU mod and not the actual usf4. And even if it’s exactly like usf4 I’m not worrying about it much. Just learn to use what you’re given… If not don’t play blanka because he simply got too many flaws to begin with.

you don’t do cr.mk ultra? or jump over fireballs? or use it to tickthrow? or use it to hit confirm/get charge for a punish?

C.mk to ultra: rarely. If I’m fighting against someone with fireball it’s usually with U2 . If they don’t have fireball ambiguous jump ins are hard to see which side to charge, and if you do know which side then it’s not really that ambiguous

Tick throw: yes but there’s other options and c.mk isn’t even the best with the existing options so giving that up isn’t a significant loss

Hit confirm to punish, the only one I use other than counter hit to c.hk (which I mentioned above) and sometimes c.mk,s.lp xx ball but with the way I play I usually don’t keep charge. As for other combos I usually end everything with electricity and use close mp instead if it’s off a jump in or to punish after big whiff or crumple.

c.MK, s.LP xx FP Ball is something I use all the time that’s now way worse. Hit confirming is very important in SF4 for damage so if that gets nerfed its not great.

Out of curiosity you guys all just walk around if footsie range throwing out c.mk regardless of if you were previously walking forward or backwards then follow by s.lp xx ball if c.mk hits?

Is this the type of hit confirm you guys are doing ?

I really haven’t tried that especially walking forward, walking back definitely but I would imagine if I was walking forward before I wouldn’t have enough charge

Ultra blanka is best overall, more options for all matches, then vanilla because of damage…omega is the best for fun as he won’t ever be tourney legal…I wish that version was the standard version from the beginning…