Tricks to beat AI Gill

The thing thats really challenging about comp Gill is that he can block everything your going to do or if you try to throw or attack he’ll out prioritze it. I usually try to get the lead, hold it and let the timer run out. He’s easy to run away against.

BIG HINT: GILL CAN BE HIT OUT THE RESSURECTION. IF YOU USE AN ATTACK THAT CAN CATCH HE’LL ONLY REFILL VERY LITTLE OF HIS HEATLH.

(the the difficulty on the easiest)
Ibuki: equip her SA1. Gill makes himself open to it in about every other attack he does. Try and stay airborne and hit him with jumping RH whenever he goes after you. Seeing as the AI gill can’t handle a wakeup for shit, jump and activate SA1 WHENEVER he gets close to you when you’re knocked down. Also, it beats out his high cyro/pyro kenesis. It doesn’t do much damage this way, but any damage is progress.

Be patient and punish anything he does with a fierce attack and stay mobile.

with yang try to aim the dive kick (preferably using roundouse) right below the kneecaps and do a combo like crouching mk --> mantis slashes. most of the time he won’t block it.

another would be walk under him as he jumps over you. then do a crouching mk to mantis strike, etc.

and i think in the corner if you do a palm strike (he’ll block) you can hit him with ex mantis slashes

also build meter to do ex mantis slashes should he wiff moves when he’s close to you.

all of these are not 100% certain since i try to mix things up whenever i play the cpu

DA GAME uses Chun-Li against Gill.DG normally uses cr.Forward or cr.Fierce XX Spinning Bird Kick or SA2.Despite AI Gill being the asshole that he his,he sure is a sucker for dirty tactics.

Also if Gill is far away when he knocks you on your ass, he’ll probably try some whiffing jump-in thing. You can super jump over there with Yang and nail him with the jumping HK.

BULLSHIT!!Gill has a odd habit of cancelling a jump-in & doing it again.What DA GAME means is if you try as quick as you can by super jump,he’ll super jump backwards & will knock you on your ass.Plus what is this bullshit where Gill can do an unblockable dashing low short>forward>roundhouse combo?

Cr.lk->cr.mk->cr.rh is not unblockable. What happens sometimes is you try to back awy from him, and he’ll tag you w/ it before you block low fast enough.

In fact, it’s quite possible to parry the cr.rh after blocking the first two hits. Depending on the character, you can do major damage just after blocking that string. If you simply block the cr.rh though, you pretty much can’t punish him. (fyi, he sometimes mixes it up w/ s.fp instead of cr.rh).

While we’re on the topic, are there any other attack strings that you can watch out for to parry -> punish?

I’ve never seen him do that. I almost always see him knock me on my ass, though. And when he’s at least a half screen away he’ll try some slow, jump-in, punishable nonsense. I’ve never seen him super jump backwards.

Also, when he backdashes, there’s a good chance he’ll do a knee drop. It’s probably a good idea to learn the timing and distance on parrying that, that way you can punish that too if you’re not fast enough to hit him in midflight.

Hmm, you want some Yang tips? Well since I’ve beaten Gill a couple of times on max difficulty with him I will try and help.

First of all my SA of choice is number 3, Why? simply becuase it seems that Gill dosen’t take mixing it up very well, and for that fact that his AI will get “smart” and start trying parry the onslaught of SA III hits only to get hit by the next volley, thus letting you get in some damage. Also, he tends to have trouble blocking the “unblockable” so, again, some free damage.

The abobe of course assumes that you know how to use SA III, if not, SA II is the way to go…

For SA II just try to punish his attacks and openings with EX slashes, if you can manage to get enough of them in, you can stun him. The SA itself can help you when he is gonna be knocked out in the next couple of hits becuase it can punish both his fire/ice balls (roll under them) and his knee drop, which can even be used to counter if you block it…

Also, one more thing, when he uses resurection, you can just close MK him (the launcher) and go into either SA II, coner juggle, or SJC that and go into a HK for free damage. The MK can be done pretty early so the combo that follows the MK can potienally knock him out.

Other than that just, try your best, yes its stupid advice, but no matter how good you are, you can’t cheap Gill with Yang (or to the best of my knowledge.)

Hope that Helps.

He did it against DA GAME man.No lie.When he backdashes & does the kneedrop,DA GAME tags his ass.Also if DA GAME isn’t mistaken,do all of his Fierce & Roundhouse normal attacks do block damage?

Yes, his fierce/roundhouse attacks do block damage.

With most characters I play against Gill, I try to wait until he makes a mistake and then punish him. His knee drop I can parry and a lot of the time he’ll whiff slow ass attacks like it doesn’t matter ( and if you’re seriously watching this thread it might not). If you can consistently parry his clothesline and crouching fierce than you’re pretty much set for the match. I don’t why but he seems very inept while in corners. At times he won’t even try to stop your jump-ins and eat your attacks.

Also make sure you can know when to interrupt his Seraphic Wing and when to eat the block damage. More often than not, with characters of sorry stamina (Lee brothers, Akuma, etc.) you’ll need to jump in there and kick the shit outta 'im. DO NOT MISS; make sure whatever you’re trying to use to interrupt his embarrasingly long startup can connect. For instance with shotos, close fierces will whiff.

And make sure whatever move you’re using to interrupt his Ressurection connects, is quick, and does at least a fair amount of damage. With Yang I like to juggle him with three plain tourozans (mantis slashes).

With Chun Li keep doing spinning bird kick with Round house and then sweep and repeat

With Yun, get a knock down in the corner. Meaty palm xx GJ. He will block the palm, he never seems to block strong + foward fierce. Its basically a free corner combo. I would have to check and see if this works midscreen or not. I think he is programmed to counter attack against certain meaty moves with long recovery.

Short dive kick + throw will work on wakeup with Gill as well, don’t repeat it immediately after. Start of the round you can probably hit an strong shoulder + lunge punch about 75% of the time.

A great “what to do when Gill resurrects” vid.

[media=youtube]u42Ven1vaGU[/media]

I own gill w/Makoto. Jab Hayate back to back on gill. He gets no meter and he gets deaded :lol:. I normally just jump behind Gill. I don’t stand in front of him. I could of sworn one time I threw Shinkuu at him and his aura pushed it back.

Yeah, Gill’s aura does that all the time.

try firing it after he ressurects, then it should work.

If you’re ever doing a Gill vs Gill fight, I used to do a Serphatic Wing to knock out the guy from Ressurection, but don’t waste the meter. Just shoot out a fireball and juggle with clothslines until the dude is dead.

Normally Gill doesn’t even get meter against me. Most of the time I perfect him. I hope that’s not hard to believe.

^Not if you’re using Ryu it isn’t.