TN Thread: Johnny Nutsacks Bizarre Adventure!

Anyone for games tonight?

I’de be down to goto the venue for some SF.

NeoBlood! PM your number so we can can kick it at MTAC!

To all of you who have said in the past that TTT2 is a game that separates the men from the boys, lend me your ear. After having spent four days with the game and trying to get the tag mechanic down, you have made me a believer of your words.

That’s not to say that I don’t like the game. I enjoyed it, and I look forward to learning more (though that’s going to come with many a day of thrashings). The tag assaults weren’t what I expected (though SFxT probably wasn’t the best gauge to go by), but that’s more likely because I wasn’t getting as much out of them as I should. Again, I look forward to learning.

One minor gripe though. Why the heck can’t Jin use the Omen stance with Lars as his partner?! He has just as much Mishima blood as Kazuya does!

thread updated

Does anyone know if the Knoxville group still gets together? I had no idea it existed…

Don’t know anything about Jin not being able to use Omen with Lars, never heard of a restriction like that before.

Anyway, this may help you grasp the juggle system a little easier. Think of juggles as broken down into the sequence below:

Couple definitions:
TA bind- bind move (groundbounce/spike) + tag. Bind is also noted as B!
TA filler - the moves your partner does during the tag assault

Launcher >> filler>>Tag bind>>TA Filler>>Ender.

Solo combos replace tag bind with solo B!, omit TA filler, go straight to ender.

So my typical combo would be with King/Armor King

(K) launch uf+4, filler df+2,1, f+1, tag bind b+2, 1+2, TA filler (AK) 3+4, 2, (K) Ender fff+2+4

Does anyone here meet around the Dayton, Chattanooga, or Cleveland area for casuals?

Yep. Jin can only use the Omen stance when paired up with a Mishima character, but for some reason, even though Lars is Heihachi’s illegitimate son and Kazuya’s half-brother, he’s apparently not considered a Mishima character.

Thanks for the combo pattern. Now I just need to find the right fillers and enders so I don’t rely on the auto-filler.

So was that a fluke this weekend, or do most “-cons” have free beer?

First one I know of that had that. I think its because scifi conventions skew older than anime cons. I am very sure that the anime con I went to last year did not have free beer.

Could have been an experiment on their part. Only taking tips etc.

beer-con has free beer

We can only wish for beer con. GG’s though to the con group. I think I played a bit better, or I was just more sober lol.

Wish for beer-con? I thought he was talking about Memphis Brewfest.

There will be darkstalkers tomorrow.

Is there going to the fox tomorrow?

Anyone got a spot in their hotel room at Final Round? Zach ( Cookeville Blanka player ) needs a spot, even if it is just on the floor.

Also, I have the easiest pool I’ve ever had in AE ever, and probably one of the easiest in the whole tournament and Its the only game I haven’t practiced in ever. FML.

Everytime I see this I keep thinking of Flymike’s controller…These people set us back about 20 yrs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFY0KU2DNAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hey Memphis players,

I’ve been trying to keep up the Facebook page for fight nights. If you can, please try and like the page, and also respond whether or not you are going to the weekly events.

If everyone does this, it will be easier to see what the turnout is going to be like, and it would make asking “who’s going” unnecessary. Also, more activity is likely to attract more new players who may chance upon it.

I know a lot of you don’t do Facebook that often any more, but any added visibility we can bring to our scene would only be beneficial.

Lastly if anyone wants a flyer or is interested in putting one up, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your support.

FB Page is:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Memphis-Fight-Nights/132333723486086

Also, Josh, if you would please add that to the OP I would appreciate it. Thanks again.