Titaning Your Way In - Thanos General Thread

NICE. Gonna have to try this. LOVE playing with Thanos but hadn’t found a solid BnB. Hoping he synergizes with Dante, Gamora or Nova since they’ve been my faves to use so far

What stones have people been using? I’ve been using power but i actually mostly don’to even remember to use it, and the storm actually tends to make me fail combos because i’m not used to it.

Question guys, what do you guys do to stay safe on magic series that is blocked? I tend to end it on st HK and get bodied lol.

Throw a fireball

I use Time Stone. His fireball is perfect for mix ups.

The delay of the start up is a lot tho isnt it ?

Guys any tips for dealing with Gamora? I suck at the game but it seems kinda tough.

Started with Gamora but I’m starting to like Thanos as well. Synergy-wise, I think they set each other up pretty well. Gamora’s guns blow through everything and Thanos has his shield. Granted I’m still a noob but I’m enjoying how they both play.

Still looking for good BNB’s though lol haven’t been in the lab much yet.

Fun stupid stuff.

Knock them fullscreen and use your super for lockdown. They will instinctively duck it to avoid block stun.

Tag, use a command grab.

Always end with Titan’s Gaze…you can do so much from it.

I read this and tried to dash cancel out of his normals but I can’t…is this some MvC only thing that requires a special input? Please elaborate

Here’s how it works, i’ll go into the best detail i can. Thanos st.LP and st.HP are both -6 and -11, respectively. While it may not be realistic to call it dash cancelling, Dashing out of these moves on block puts us at -6 or -11, plus the -43 frame startup on back dash, yet it doesn’t feel like we just whiffed a doctor strange launcher in UMvC3. St.lk and st.HK can both be cancelled into st.HP, so we’ll look at that button to be our go-to for genuine cancels that won’t get us opened up. All our jumps come out in 4 frames, so Jump > ADF or Backdash is also a decent option. at -11 on block, st.HP cancelled into Light Titan’s Shield leaves us at -31 frames, so I clearly should have given our opponent’s ability to respond to this situation better consideration.

Crouching HK can be a formidable spacer to finish a blockstring, it gives you some room to recover, and can be cancelled into Titan’s Deceit.

But EVERYONE does Titan’s Shield > Titan’s Deceit.

It’s not that good unless your opponent is caught in startup animations. Don’t be predictable with it, it’s better to rushdown into your shield and then pull back.

Mixing up Heavy Titan’s Charge into your blockstring + Tags is a decent way to open up your opponent after you’ve established your block strings. Just try to make sure you are at least a full character’s space away from your opponent if ending a blockstring with Light Titan’s Charge.

Does anyone else think that Thanos makes some of the funniest cries, roars, and grunts ever uttered in fighting game history in MVC:I? I mean, I laugh every time I play with or against him. I especially love his weird pain grunt and his growling noise he makes when wakes up from a knockdown.

Lol yup. Also when he’s a partner and talks shit when you are getting your ass beat. Thanos is godlike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTsDlJDJDg
The Mad Titan hits so hard! Haha. So these are my go-to BnB’s with Thanos. The Corner variation I do and showed here DOES use the Palm Breaker move but it’s not the typical Palm Breaker Loops we’ve been seeing/using. This is much easier for me to pull off consistently even tho I do pull off 2 reps of the “Loop” at the end! I’m sure I could crack the 7k barrier with 3 reps of a Loop but like I said I’m happy with this damage that I won’t drop. Hopefully these help someone out who may be looking for some more Thanos footage or alternative combos