Tiers?

I’ve seen many videos of haitani and v-ryu playing, and I can honestly say that the only reason why they won against most of their opponents was because the opponent fucked up royally, or didn’t know how to fight Makoto.

Yeah, those guys are good players, but they’d be even better on different characters. That’s why v-ryu is switching to Decapre, and Haitani is switching to Rufus.

She CAN win, in theory, just like Dan can, but it’s much easier and more consistent with other characters.

Every game of Street Fighter has been won/lost because someone fucked up. If no one made a mistake this game would be balanced very differently.

Like I said earlier, opponents can recover quickly from their mistakes, while also minimizing their risks at the same time.
Makoto cannot.

Vryu still main Makoto, and Haitani didn’t really quit Makoto, he just left the game after EVO.

Glad to know my wins come from my opponents being bad. Truly, a revelation.

If you feel that way you shouldn’t play her.

What I was saying was that if you were playing a different character you would have won anyway.

I promise not to, I’m gonna pick up Cammy and Ibuki though.

Well I can tell you that simply isn’t true. Mak fits me like a glove. Only character I’m even nearly as good with is Ryu.

I will say she is a very strong character, but not a consitent character. As mentioned earlier her wins come very much from knowing how to use her tools to capatalize on your opponents tendencies. With that being said she’s not that great of a tournament character due to shorter sets being the norm. Usually in tournament the tendency is to play more conservative which does not fit her style of play. She is easily top ten’ able to dominate a large portion of the cast but usually characters you find in high level tournament play out class her for their low risk high reward play.

She’s the perfect character for someone that has been playing against every top player in the competitive scene for years.
Sadly, those player are already playing someone else. lol

yeah, that’s the problem, you need that extended set to really out play opponents in tournament.