Thoughts on 2V2 matchups and partnering

I might have mis-wrote. I was saying SRK, the entire site, is retarded.

Doesn’t explain how it is retarded though.

Thanks for the great information in this thread. It will really improve my game!

hard for pika because his game revolved around the bolt :\

Capt.Falcon and Falco

Go for it WOMBO COMBO

Projectile spam in an active 2v2 fighter (Smash, SFxTK Scramble Mode, etc.) in which you cannot harm your teammate is completely different from doing it in a 1v1 game.

Play Melee w/Friendly Fire turned off against a pair of Falco players and you’ll see what I mean. They will Short Hop Blaster (SHB) you to a nice high percentage, K.O. you with a single hit (SHFFL nair?), and repeat until they win (there’s some Theory Fighter in there, but they will SHB as much as possible b/c there’s no reason not to). It’s a very easy tactic to employ.

By putting Friendly Fire on, it takes away this cheap tactic (and when I say cheap, I mean on the level of ST Akuma; please correct me if I’m wrong) and adds the need for coordination so you don’t set your teammate up for an easy K.O. (or K.O. him yourself). The fact that teamwork becomes more important is just a side effect (and a rather good one) of the real reason you should turn Friendly Fire on: To add a much-needed balance to 2v2.