The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

So what needs to happen is that @midgardsorm does a deep dive into Rashid’s design.

Please let us know how many mangas they ̶s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶ took inspiration from to make Rashid.

You nerd ass lore senpai,

:pray:

3 Likes

You people just refuse to get me. What I’m saying is Rashid feels like he was made to directly confront the stereotype and that in itself presents a problem. Why is it that hard to grasp?

Again, I’m not offended. I speak for the Arabic stereotype, which is what I come face to face in my daily life. So, you better believe me when I say something is wrong when you put the exact opposite of what is being presented stereotypically. And no, that’s no deconstruction, if you’re going that way.

No, I’n not? Show me where you get your ideas from, because that’s you twisting things. I suggest you read Huntington before you start with any of that nonsense.

Anyway, since you started to get ugly by pointing your hand at me, I will stop discussing this matter. Yes, Rashid is the perfect example of a non-stereotypical representation of a race. And no, he isn’t boring or bland at all. He has a fun, cheerful personality and that’s quite rare in video games today. Anyone who refuses to see that is simply blind.

And the story we got still had all those characters, as well as content for Rashid, and that’s worse somehow?

Which is a fucking stupid metric, because every new character ever is going to do more than, say, Honda, an established character that never does anything.

You’re basically saying you don’t want new characters, ever.

Exactly. People are acting like Rashid stole story from their favorite characters. When he could have not been there and your favorite character would STILL have been underwritten. You just would have had less story.

Dude, don’t try and pretend SF games before 5 had actual stories.

ASF has it’s issues, but it’s far and away the best story a SF game has ever had.

So his story is racist because…he’s the opposite of his stereotype?

Oh…I guess so.

Why? Rashid’s story started and ended. Meanwhile Laura is gonna have a bigger legacy through characters than Rashid is.

Viper was part of the overall story without being the super hero who fixes everything.

So it sounds like Rashid is ass.

They both still did more than Honda. So by your own rules, they’re fanfictioning.

It’s just fucking stupid to call something the creators do fanfictioning. Creating characters and making you care about them is literally their fucking job.

Technically, the hallmark of Mary Sue writing is sexists misapplying the term.

That’s not at all what I said. If you’re going to misinterpret things just to force an argument that’s on you.

Honda is an established character.
Viper and Laura came in and did more than Honda.
∴ Viper and Laura are fanfictioning.

Since you want to leave the whole conversation half read:

That’s why the guy is a mary sue. When the term was coined, it referred to all these brand new characters in Star Trek fanfiction that were so perfect and so loved and knew exactly how to solve the thing that was happening in the story.

So Rashid came in with piles of money, cellphone, butler, just happened to be friends with the one doll, has a 3 frame normal, a reversal, a wall jump that goes in two directions for escaping and mix ups and 2 robbery v-triggers.

The whole point of Rashid is to literally be the hero of the SF5 story.

so he can stay wack. They also could’ve let Nash kill Bison; could’ve brought back the one high tech spy who I don’t know C.Viper since she could’ve done a lot of what Rashid did.

Self insert Fan Fiction. Somebody at Capcom offices must love Halal food and tasmanian devil cartoons because they desperately joined them together.

:tornado: :tornado: :zzz:

1 Like

The continuing defeat of Shadaloo is a separate issue from whether or not Rashid should be part of the story.

If you plan to keep introducing new characters to a series, then at least some of those new characters should play a direct role in the new stories. Your argument would also say that Alex should not have played a part in SF3’s story, Juri shouldn’t have been involved in SF4’s story, and F.A.N.G shouldn’t have been in SF5’s story. We should just keep seeing Ryu, Chun-Li, and Guile dealing with everything, with Akuma lurking in the shadows?

Though perhaps Akuma never should have been added into the mythos; Ryu had already been defeating M.Bison for four games before Akuma was created to jump in and beat Bison instead.

Guile matters? Yes, he has a connection to Bison, but when is the last time he really mattered? SF2? The Jean-Claude Van Damme film? He initially wanted revenge, but presumably learned to deal with it, and has since just filled a generic military presence role that could be equally filled by any faceless figure.

Chun-Li is in a somewhat similar situation to Guile, except she doesn’t even get to move on. Capcom can’t afford to let her move on; she’s too popular of a character and will keep being brought back.

When you get down to it, if you want the story of Bison, of Shadaloo, of Street Fighter as a whole, the only character that is absolutely necessary to the story is Ryu. Every other character is interchangable and disposable. SF story revolves around Ryu even when Ryu himself is barely part of the story.

You can slot any of the multiple existing “revenge against Bison” characters into a “revenge against Bison” roll. You can slot any of the multiple existing government/military figures into a government/military role, or shift another existing character into that role, or just create a new one. There are multiple Psycho Power related characters and/or potential Bison hosts for any story you wanted to do there. You could swap out any of Bison’s underlings.

You don’t even need Cammy to do a Doll-related storyline at this point, as you have (doll) Juri, Juni, Decapre, and even slightly related characters like Han Juri to handle such a storyline. You could even fold that into an objective of Neo Shadaloo, which is on its own push to rescue the victims of Bison.

1 Like

Alex is the protagonist of a brand new story.

Juri, C.Viper and Abel all had different roles working within the larger story frame work. Rashid was doing more unilaterally than those 3.

FANG made the most sense in the story. His whole gameplay is a mistake, but he was there for a reason. He filled the void of Sagat leaving better than whatever Rashid needed to do.

You already solved the mystery all by yourself! Good job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Anyone’s saw this game?

Character designs are nothing special but movelist-wise, there’s some quite interesting things.

They really need to bring some of those characters to Fighting EX Layer.

4 Likes

All I know is that I want Rashid in future street fighter games.

4 Likes

Ditto, he was fun and incredibly likeable. I want him to stick around.

1 Like

1 Like

Rufus was more fun.

1 Like

Rufus sucks dicks in hell.

1 Like

Dee Jay? He is the definition of fun and he shits on Rashid easily.

And he never does anything in the story.