The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

They just learned from there previous mistake.

Kinda interessing article on Gief VS2 possibilities, even if it does’nt say much it share my sentiment of NOT wanting Banishing Flat

Personally as not pro i just want something cooler lol, give me a new throw pls

I’m still dreaming about my idea of a counterthrow that reverses all normal throws (preceded by a pat on the shoulder for the effort, whenever possible, referencing poor Abel) and escapes special throws. I’d call it ZMS, “Zangief Master of Sports”, a slight pun on Russian заслуженный мастер спорта zaslužennyj master sporta, “Merited Master of Sports”, the highest Russian (and Soviet) title related to sport. Yes, I know that I would never get that; it would be too complicated to implement, as there should be a different throw (a different kind of suplex, preferably) for every grab of every character… Too much work to do.

4 Likes

Well, while of course will be too much get a animated transition from being grabbed to work your hold in favorable position, they could just embrace MUSCLE! mindset and have just Gief breaking the opponent attempt going in flexing-katana-breaking pose
V
then him doing some kind of hard slam :smiley:

Tbh if we want keep it in realistic/doable side of things, i will just love VS2 being some counter/throw on attacks, removing the special counter of kicks (Tundra Storm) and recycling it as VS2

Done like

Punches - something involving arm, maybe

Kicks - just recycle his current Tundra Storm

immagine

LOL Gief had so rich history of throws, it’s crazy how many just back to SF2 days :smiley:

We still don’t know what can a real bushinryu master can do. Do not underestimate. It might be Guy is just holding back.

Speaking of comparing Guy and Ryu… where do you think Zeku stands compared to Gouken? I like to think all those old master guys like Gouken, Akuma, Zeku, Gen and Oro are all in basically the same tier (as in, any match up at full power would be a fair fight, not a stomp, even if depending on the match-up someone’s superiority might make itself more clear in some cases), but Guy beating Zeku kinda throws a wrench in all that, since I think Ryu is stronger than him and, well… Ryu is clearly inferior to three out of those five guys. I don’t think Zeku was sandbagging either, considering the way the story develops and the movesets (Guy has a better “Bushinryu” moveset that Zeku and Zeku after all abandons that artstyle once he gets defeated deciding to go another way, so he must have thrown most of what he knows in, in order to make sure Guy is worthy).

3 Likes

I mean Zeku can be youthful without a problem compare to the other SF characters that desperately needs to nab a different body. His not something that pretends to be, his full of energy, vibrant and acts the way young and optimistic compare to those cliche master that pretends to be young.

Same as Gill that can ressurect i just seconds in full potential which was shown in Capcom Fighting Jam ending.

I mean we never fully 3xplored what a Bushinryu Ninja can do especially the master one. It’s still a mystery. Before people assumed that Zeku is this and that but Zeku is far more supperior that what people in this thread used to assumed he was.

Tbh, i don’t think these 5 are necessary on similar level only because are old masters, impression i got is there’s a good margin between the first and the last of these

They’re all strong in SF universe but i think far from being equals

And yes, Zeku being defeated by Guy play a role too here… i don’t see Guy defeat anybody else in that list

I know people here is biased with Bison so much, but seeing Guy not defeat anyone. BISON if truly that strong would destroy Guy for good but he can’t his doubt and hesitation is irrationale.

People are underestimating so much and looking other characters very poorly with poor analogy.l assuming those for the likes of Zeku and Guy for being traditional.

We don’t even know if Zeku and guy instead just talked about it or Zeku intended to be defeated himself so he could go on with what he want to… to have a new school.

Peopel here forget how the characters nowadays are invisioned and written and just go on with plain biases.

ZeKu his a playful character that isn’t stuck with tradition and master cliche. The he acts youthful and optimistic not something tried and wantjng a replacement or go on for a retirement

Bushinryu’s leadership is decided by a fight to the death. Like Zeku did with Genryusai before him, Guy broke tradition when he defeated Zeku by sparing his life. Zeku had no way of knowing this ahead time. So its safe to assume he went all out. I think Guy is stronger than he’s given credit for.

6 Likes

Oro > SF5 Bison* = SF4 Gouken = SF3 Akuma = Pre-Cancer Gen > Zeku = Cancer Gen.

That’s for the Old Master’s club.

*Referring to him at his peak form in the story, when he fought Nash for the second time. He still would give a run for their money with the Black Moons down.

2 Likes

To give proportion i think Guy is good as Ken more or less, wich IS strong but in what i consider third tier

1 Like

Let’s stop being a blind eye here and assume that SF should always be this story or should be this.

And trivializing everything that can be a treat to Bison.

Obviously Guy and Cody especially Zeku is still beyond are gauging to assume that to be automatically defeated.

We already knew more alot of Bison defeats and dependencies compare to the other villains and characters. Bison had been set to away for recoverynot just for months but years in countless times compare to any bosses gouki, urien and gill.

Lol people power level tiers already. Zeku in lowest lol. Bushinryu is the lowest wat da?

I doubt Gouken = SF3 Akuma
I think post-SFV Gouken better dodge Akuma as long as he can

SF4Gouken managed to stalemate SF4Akuma with MnK
But SFV Akuma seems to have done power-up and absolutely gone through SFVRyu who already use MnK, and SF3Akuma is even after that

SF3Akuma put Oro in mutual death scenario, wich push both to interrupt the duel

If we want consider SF3Akuma inferior to Oro (wich i do) he’s still close enough to him to be well above anybody else as far we know

Using SFVRyu as measure, i think SFVAkuma > SFVBison

Fun thing i hate Akuma, but sadly SFacts are facts

1 Like

One thing I’ve noticed is that Bison seems pretty hostile towards Bushinryu in general. Especially when it comes to Guy and Maki:

Bison to Maki (CVS2): “You crossed my sight. It’s enough reason to kill you!”

Funny enough, he doesn’t seem to take Zeku too seriously:

To Zeku: “It’s laughable that you thought your shrewd parlor tricks would work on me!”

Zeku seems pretty chill and not that serious SFV, so I can understand why the dialogue is written in that way.

7 Likes

I think Gouken beat Akuma in SF4, it was not a stalemate. I do agree that unless Gouken made a power up also, Post-SF3 Akuma will beat him dead, but SF3 Akuma is close to Gouken’s implied strength. Too close to call IMO. Ryu is new to MnK, and Gouken is a master at it. Akuma’s battle against MnK Ryu in SF5 is a tester of his newfound strength but not necessarily an indicator of how he will fair against Gouken.

Also SF5 Akuma could never beat SF5 Bison who is literal evil incarnate. Bison would eat Akuma like a cookie. Ryu and Nash had very unique abilities that could resist or negate Psycho Power, Akuma has neither. In fact, the SNH would innately give Akuma a disadvantage against Psycho Power which grows stronger in the presence of negative energy, so much so that Bison can manipulate it by sheer will (Necalli couldn’t stand a chance and he is SNH on legs). Bison was literally untouchable and near invincible with just 1 Black Moon triggered.

I also do not think Oro v Akuma ever happened.

2 Likes

I agree for the same reason I gave for Gill being stronger than Urien. If Akuma beats Gouken. He kills him. If they both live then Gouken won because he’d spare his brother.

7 Likes

I am not against Gill being stronger than Urien, just not for the same reasons as you FYI. Gill is stronger because he has more will, cunning and clarity of mind. I think by raw strength and power, they are closely matched.

Bison was never an evil incarnate. He relied so much with tech to make supernatural beyond human capabilities to happen.

Necali is beyond human, that he can melt and mold his physique to something else and thats without any tech or scientist dòing.

Calling Bison the evil incarnate is an overstatement for it’s other supernatural beings like Necali, Kage, Oni and etc.

We still didn’t know what Akuma can do with Bison same does the Bison with the complete moon. Yet before retcons of SF4 we knew Akuma can literally do a quick work with Bison.

Elemental powers and other skills like Ressurection tells us so that you forgot to include or intended to be omitted and ignored?

1 Like

Not true. Bison doesn’t rely on technology to body swap for example, but he relies on technology to create more and better opportunities for host. The same is true for all other facets of his Psycho Power tech.

Psycho Drive? Glorified external storage device for his power.

Black Moons? Simultaneously weapons of mass terrorism, and global relay devices for the negative energy back to Bison’s body which during SF5 could withstand all the Psycho Power reaped from the world being funneled into him.

The tech itself is completely useless to anyone who does not have a mastery over Psycho Power. Bison’s tech is an extension of his own abilities and power, not the source of either of them - That’s all him. Without the tech, Psycho Power is in many ways unparalleled. With the tech, it becomes almost unstoppable.

Bison’s very innards are ripe with Psycho Power, which is by definition evil. His body is a shell for this form of ki. The line between Bison and his powers is blurred. So long as fear and hate exist, Psycho Power will keep Bison anchored to the world, and so long as Bison exists, he will find ways to spread and harness Psycho Power. Bison was the first to cross over into the supernatural. Necalli and Oni did the same later, and Kage is a just a shadow - he doesn’t exist.

Irrelevant. But if I were to entertain it as canon, Akuma attacked Bison from behind and never ever fought Bison in the old canon. Your example has no real bearing in any of this.

Urien’s powers are elemental. Metal and Electricity. When he combines the two he creates force walls and electro-metallic spheres.

1 Like