The ULTIMATE, Friendly-Neigborhood, Spider-man Team-building Thread

I got experience with Spidey teamed up with Viper

C.Viper

DHC’ing –
DHC synergy galore. I don’t know if there is a character for Spidey to DHC into better than her. I think it’s because she’s a redhead. :stuck_out_tongue: Crawler Assault->any of her Hypers. Maximum Spider->Burst Time (and maybe even Viper Full Throttle lvl 3, if you have some ridiculous skill in timing it). Her lvl 1 hypers DHC very well into Maximum Spider. Her Emergency Combination can also DHC into Crawler Assault, if you DHC early, which might be useful for the hard knockdown afterward.

Assists –
Burn Kick - Her burn kick (IMO) is the best assist for him as it’s good at 1) extending combos, 2) creating unblockables as an overhead (with proper timing), and 3) keeping enemies popped up during Web Zip OTG to keep Spidey combos going.

Seismo - an OTG assist, if you have trouble with OTG Web Zip, though, honestly, it’s only mostly useful in the corner, and then, since they fly up so high, you normally can’t do much afterward except possibly web throw or super (depending on the part of the combo you’re on).

Thunder Knuckle (anti air) - it’s usefulness is debatable, and I have to test it more. It’s seemingly a good defending anti air, though I don’t think it has invincibility frames (as an assist). Possible combo extender. It’s best use is for Crossover Counters, as TK does have full invincibility for starting and active frames (as a crossover counter – so you could do a CC during a beam super like Dormammu’s Chaotic Flame).

Overall –
The best thing about this team is that Viper hits hard – she seems to be the character affected the least by hit-stun scaling and damage reduction. If you get her damaging combos down, you can take out pretty much any character between her and Spidey DHC.

She is also a very good battery. Her long combos build a meter or two easy, and many of her damaging combos literally pays for itself, buy expending meter built through the combo itself.

Spidey is good for reaching characters that Viper has trouble getting to. In mid-/long-range battles, Viper sometimes may have to spend meter and/or burn x-factor(to cover her unsafe moves) to get to them, but Spidey can use web zip/swing to reach them, which is very good against characters like Dormammu, Deadpool, Iron Man, Magneto, or Sentinel. You can also tag her in after a web throw, which is particularly useful in the corner for further combo damage, or (if late in a combo) for an air throw reset after popping opponents back up with Seismo.

Their big weakness is that they’re both ultimately ideal ‘point characters’. To make this team work against high level players (which, I think, can definitely be satisfying), you need to be REALLY GOOD with both characters, or have an assist to cover your weak area. I say this because these two characters have nearly the same bad matchups (Zero and Trish in particular come to mind), and also, while Spidey is a favorable matchup against Wesker, they both have difficulty against teleporters, characters with much longer-reaching normals (sword users), and teams built for zoning. This is made better with good assists, but with only one extra slot for a good assist, you have to pick which area to cover and which to leave blind.

Assists that work well –

Hawkeye horizontal arrows - really good for covering the ground on the other side. in start-up, it beats out beams, and (i think) it beats out most projectiles in durability. Good for zoners, but does nothing for you against teleporters and super-jumpers. Also, small characters can duck it completely.

Strider Vajra (disappearing kick) - jumpy opponents got ya annoyed? floaty trishes refusing to come down? use this to take them down a notch – you might convince them to stop jumping (which is what both Spidey/Viper want). The weakness is its slow to come out, and predictable if you call the assist on-screen (which is bad news against zoning teams, though it’s workable if you cover your assist)

Haggar Lariat - Yeah. It was nerfed. But it wasn’t nerfed enough to make it a bad assist. This move will cover you against teleporting DMC’ers very well, and tends to condition opponents to duck, which is good, mainly for Viper, who can do forward+M overhead->S launcher (or even burn kick) for combos. Helps for dive kick characters too, but is absolutely no help against zoning teams

Dante Jam Session - what I’m currently using. It’s a big wall of electric purple intimidation that 1) discourages super jumpers like trish from staying in the air to set up traps, 2) sections of areas of control, 3) best of all, locks down opponents for unblockable setups with Viper, corner combo extensions with Viper (combo->knockdown->seismo+Jam Session->up to 3-4 free seismos during hit stun), or combo extensions with Spidey that weren’t possible before, even late in combos (any hit->Jam Session-> Web Throw->MS/WebZip OTG/more)

other good assists include Beams, Shopping Cart, Nova-Aegis-Shield-thingy, hulk anti-air charge (for protection), (i think) Nemesis hyper-armor clothesline, and a few more that i cant seem to remember right now.

Did I mention that their colors go just FABULOUSLY well together?

This may be well known already from Vanilla, but I want to post it just to be sure. I found an interesting bit of reset/mixup tech with Spidey/Doom using H.Missiles. Upon performing a simple magic series such as L–M--H+A1(Doom)xx Web Throw the Missiles will OTG, but that’s not the kicker. The interesting part comes if you try L–M--H–A1(Doom)xx Web Throw. Whoever you are throwing will hit the missile as it leaves the silo, if you wait just a second after they hit the upward bound missile you can land an Ultimate Web Throw or an Air Throw…etc… Again, this is sloppy and prolly known already, but I thought it was an interesting bit of tech considering how tricky it is.

Added tabs for all 49 characters and finished Akuma’s synergy.
More to come.

Since Spidey has his Web Zip OTG, is Katana-Rama still a viable assist for him now? I have Vajra with Strider also so anti-air guns not so needed, perhaps Quick Work instead?

Quick Work would probably work the best because it hits low and puts the opponent in the spinning state (which I believe is soft knockdown), so you could use it to extend your combos by calling it so that it hits immediately after an OTG Web Zip. Also, it’s fast as f*ck.

with that said, what Spidey assist should I use? (He’s on point)

I prefer to use Web Swing because it can extend combos in some situations (although I’m starting to think that they changed the property on the assist because they’re actually flipping out in the air when :h: Web Swing is supposed to be soft knockdown…) and it’s outstanding at starting combos because of how large of a window you get when it hits someone. It’s actually pretty safe for Spidey when you space it correctly.

However, you are using Deadpool, so I’d think that Web Ball would actually be better for you, due to the fact that it has 5 low durability points. I like Web Swing for characters that prefer close-quarters, whereas Web Ball is better for keep-away characters.

h web swing isn’t hard knockdown, it just has a lot of hitstun. now that they’ve added hitstun deterioration applying to assists, people can pop out of it now

EDIT: meant it isn’t soft knockdown

I think air H web swing is a soft knockdown, I did my bnb into air series, H web swing, MS, then DHC before it hits to Thor mighty punish and they always hit the ground.

Edit: nevermind i didn’t notice you were talking about the web swing assist. yes i concur, not hard or soft knockdown

…I never said hard knockdown. :h: Web Swing is supposed to have soft knockdown. Period.

MEANT IT’S NOT SOFT KNOCKDOWN

sorry!

Actually, I just decided to have Spider-Man with Hawkeye and Iron Man instead. I think it’ll work out better.

I’m thinking on using Repulsor Blast and Greyhound as assists but I don’t know what to use for Spider-Man. I think Web Swing…?

I say Swing is his best assist

F

Zro was here…

For iron man I would recommend using web swing to cover the horizontal plane under iron man when zoning

Zro was here…

Spidey/Firebrand/Hawkeye. XDarKnighT83x inspired me to play spiderman again.

I’m running Spidey/Strange/Vergil at the moment. Just because I really like the corner combo. lmh, swing, mmh, sting, call Strange(EoA) and cr.h launch, sjc, mmhs, H. Webthrow, dash, jump, call Rapid Slash, Web Zip xx MS. I know there are better things but I love the way Rapid Slash to MS looks. I’ll probably drop him out for Hawkeye after a while. I find EoA fulfills the same role I had Dark Hole for in Vanilla plus it stays a bit longer I think. Strange is just a character I wanted to play, (Also he helps Spidey out in the comics. I’m sure that counts for something. :p) and Rapid Slash is pretty helpful for giving Spidey and Strange some space if I need it. Vergil is just good and the main reason I like DMC3 so my picks are more fanboyish than strategy based for now.

Now that I think about it. After Webthrow, dash, jump, web zip, rapid slash can you land fast enough to M Webthrow? My roommate is on the Xbox right now or I’d check.

OMG, I think that might be the Spidey that was doing some sick ish back in Vanilla.

Hmm, Rapid Slash has 52 frames of startup, so it’d be rather difficult to time. If you really want to get Rapid Slash in the middle of your combos, you could attempt what I’ve done with Nova’s Centurion Rush assist:
(j.:s: or c.:l:) c.:m: c.:h: xx :l: Web Swing j.:h: j.:s: st.:m: st.:h: xx :h: Web Swing j.:m: j.:m: j.:s: st.:m: st.:h: xx :h: Spider Sting~:h: land :a2: whiff :l: Web Swing xx :df: OTG Web Zip, land, Web Throw them with which ever angle is easiest, wave dash forward, :a1: OTG Web Zip j.:s: land :l: Web Throw Maximum Spider

The ending might not work because Eye of Agamotto has 49 frames of startup, and therefore may not quite work in said situation (or maybe I’m just too used to the fact that Nova’s Centurion Rush assist has like 50 frames of startup and that doesn’t include how long it takes for him to reach the point that he’d hit the opponent). If you’d like to adjust my above combo to suit yours, take out the second web swing and go straight to spider sting, call Rapid Slash in the same situation after Spider Sting, then dash forward and do :s: SJC j.:m: j.:m: j.:h: j.:s:. Either of those should work.

I don’t have any problems landing Rapid Slash after a a web throw. The problem is either if I can drop to the ground fast enough to webthrow or if I have to dash around to get the right angle. There’s nothing stopping you from grabbing with web throw if they’re in a spinning knockdown is there? Might even be able to dash in quick enough to get a CA. Man I gotta get to the lab. :(I Also I have to learn to play. lol

Why not just do :l: web throw and skip all the dashing and jumping?