The Ultimate Dormammu Thread

Matchups

A Word:
It is with great confidence that I say Dormammu is the most matchup-based character in this game. Many of his tricks are versatile, allowing him to rush, harass, or turtle as needed, largely dependent on his teammates. Dormammu wins fights by exploiting his opponent’s weaknesses; every opponent provides you with a unique battle experience.

All advice is provided without consideration of assists; this is undesirable yet a necessary limitation. Given Dormammu’s playstyle, this also makes it generally impossible to categorically state how a matchup should be handled. For example, take a relatively clear matchup like Hulk: you zone the crap out of him, and he really has no recourse. When you take a relatively clear matchup like Hulk, but add in Magneto’s EM Disruptor assist backing him up, this is more than a slight difference - the entire way you approach the fight has changed. Similarly, if you are backing Dormammu with a multi-hit projectile assist, suddenly Hulk’s super armored attacks aren’t something you should worry about as much, and rushing him is more easily recommendable. So, given this, I will primarily discuss your opponent’s options, and how you can handle those options, and not the general concept of how the fight ought to be approached.

All comparisons are organized alphabetically. Each potential opponent’s section is divided between his or her normals, specials, and hypers. The perspective taken is your opponent’s options, and then what options you have for responding, either pre-emptively or after the fact. If an “X” is in place of a normal attack’s notation, then the valuation applies to all normals of that type.

For testing against throw/melee/limited range hypers, the results are always done from within the opposing hyper’s range; obviously, any hyper loses when performed outside of its range of attack. If Dormammu can beat a hyper in any way, I will list the situation. Otherwise, I will list the opposing hyper as absolute victor in the contest, meaning that it will be victorious even when performed during Dormammu’s cinematic.

As of December 27, 2012, I have decided to add gameplay of solid Dormammu players playing against the various characters in this game. This will be more or less helpful depending on the exact team structures being used, but I am confident that this is worth including. If you know of a gameplay video that would help others learn Dormammu’s matchups, please point it out to me.

For additional information about the testing methods used, please see the below sections:

Testing Between Normals

Spoiler

Spacing:

1. I set the CPU to repeat an action, with a small break between attacks so I can slightly alter positioning.

2. I place Dormammu outside of the opposing attack’s range.

3. I attack with Dormammu repeatedly while inching him closer each time, while always providing the opposing character an opportunity to attack between each test.

4. The first attack to connect between the two is listed as the victor; the experiment is repeated several times more to ensure accuracy.

Speed:
All data comes from the Brady Games guide’s frame data, and is then verified by me through placing both characters at point blank range and starting their attacks simultaneously; several tests are run to ensure the results are accurate, and not simply due to my own error.

Moving Normals:
Some normals alter a character’s hitbox. Unless the attack is clearly outranged by Dormammu’s listed response during all stages of the attack, I list them as equal to each other, and make an (RND) notation. Against attacks that last until a character reaches a certain position, such as Wolverine’s Dive Kick or Captain America’s Charging Star, the attack is performed at a variety of positions and distances, and only the question of whether Dormammu can outrange these attacks when given proper timing is addressed, since you are unlikely to have to beat them in a battle of startup frames.

Chaotic Flame Testing Explanation

Spoiler
  1. I use the opposing character’s hyper at the maximum distance at which it can affect Dormammu if it is successful; during the opponent’s cinematic screen, I input Chaotic Flame. If Chaotic Flame wins, I list the hyper as < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR).

2. I use the opposing character’s hyper at point blank range; during the opponent’s cinematic screen, I input Chaotic Flame. If Chaotic Flame wins, I list the hyper as < Chaotic Flame (CIN, CLS). If Chaotic Flame also won in 1), then I simply list the hyper as < Chaotic Flame (CIN).

3. If Chaotic Flame lost in either 1) or 2), the reverse is attempted. Chaotic Flame’s input is made in the yet-to-be-determined situation(s), and then the opponent’s hyper input is made during its cinematic. If the opposing hyper beats Chaotic Flame, then it is listed as > Chaotic Flame.

4. If the opposing hyper lost in 3), both hypers are attempted simultaneously; the victorious hyper is listed as superior to the opposing one, and an (RND) notation is assigned. The Brady Games frame data is used for verification of the results.

5. If other results were found during the experiment, such as damage trades occurring, they are listed.

Dark Dimension Testing Explanation

Spoiler

Dark Dimension is always tested so that your opponent has at least 1 frame to act in response post-cinematic. Dark Dimension has 0 frames until activation post-cinematic, so unless your opponent is blocking before the cinematic starts, it will always hit at point-blank range unless your opponent is already blocking or invincible pre-cinematic. It is pointless to list Dark Dimension as beating nearly everything in the game merely because of its lack of post-cinematic startup time, and so Dark Dimension is always tested outside of this circumstance; even if a (CLS) designation exists, there is still a small bit of distance between Dormammu and the opposing character.

1. I use the opposing character’s hyper at the maximum distance at which it can affect Dormammu if it is successful; during the opponent’s cinematic screen, I input Dark Dimension. If Dark Dimension wins, I list the hyper as < Dark Dimension (CIN, FAR).

2. I use the opposing character’s hyper at point blank range; during the opponent’s cinematic screen, I input Dark Dimension. If Dark Dimension wins, I list the hyper as < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS). If Dark Dimension also won in 1), then I simply list the hyper as < Dark Dimension (CIN).

3. If Dark Dimension lost in either 1) or 2), the reverse is attempted. Dark Dimension’s input is made in the yet-to-be-determined situation(s), and then the opponent’s hyper input is made during its cinematic. If the opposing hyper beats Dark Dimension, then it is listed as > Dark Dimension.

4. If the opposing hyper lost in 3), both hypers are attempted simultaneously; the victorious hyper is listed as superior to the opposing one, and an (RND) notation is assigned. The Brady Games frame data is used for verification of the results.

5. If other results were found during the experiment, such as the two hypers negating each other, they are listed.

Stalking Flare Testing Explanation

Spoiler

All consideration is to how the opposing hyper interacts with Dormammu and the Stalking Flare after it has been released. Stalking Flare is very long on startup, and there is simply no reason for writing out that nearly every hyper in the game beats it on reaction when it is used unsafely. It is important to know which hypers can counter Stalking Flare even when you use it “safely”, however. Safely here means that you at least had enough time to put the Stalking Flare on screen. All opposing hypers are started as close to the moment after Stalking Flare is placed on the screen as possible.

Melee range hypers, such as Viewtiful Godhand, are not taken into consideration against Stalking Flare, since you will never come into a situation where such a conflict could occur, or the result is unimportant, since any normal attack would hit Dormammu anyway. Traveling melee hypers, such as Hyper Charging Star, are listed.

If a hyper beats Stalking Flare, I will list the nature of the defeat. This is important, as if a hyper is only stopping Stalking Flare due to causing damage to Dormammu, X-Factor canceling Stalking Flare’s recovery can potentially win you the exchange. If the opposing hyper is actually destroying Stalking Flare, then this tactic is less advantageous.

Why (RND) Is Used

Spoiler

When considering which hyper wins in a direct confrontation, it would be disingenuous to simply say the faster hyper wins. For example, Chaotic Flame takes a total of 11 frames before it is on screen and dealing damage. Shinkuu Hadoken takes 19 frames before it is on screen and dealing damage. While, technically, Chaotic Flame can beat out Shinkuu Hadoken, in practice the human body is simply not able to identify and respond to the flash animation within those 8 frames. In practice, it is more honest to say that whichever hyper begins first will win.

So, in all situations where the outcome is dependent on when the second hyper was started pre-cinematic, I will list the faster hyper as being superior, but I will also add the (RND) label to signify that, in practice, the first player to input his hyper command often wins, and there is a good deal of “randomness” involved. The data used for determining the faster hyper comes from the results of my own attempts to activate both hypers simultaneously, and is then checked against the Brady Guide to ensure I am not in error.

What (FAR) and (CLS) Mean

Spoiler

If two conflicting hypers have two results, with one listed as (FAR), and the other as (CLS), it simply means that, at a certain distance between the two characters, the relationship between them changes. Due to the large number of positional possibilities in the game and a lack of coordinates for communication, this is all that can be said. What (CLS) means is generally pretty obvious, but (FAR) can contextually mean anything from full-screen to just a few steps away from your opponent’s character. While this is not entirely satisfactory, there is simply no way to communicate the distance between two characters objectively.

General Matchup Legend:
(>) - The move in front of this symbol is superior to move(s) behind it in some fashion.
(<) - The move in front of this symbol is inferior to move(s) behind it in some fashion.
(=) - The move in front of this symbol is equal to move(s) behind it in some fashion.

Conditionals:
(WHF) - This relationship only holds true if the move in front of the symbol whiffs.
(BLK) - This relationship only holds true if the move in front of the symbol is blocked.
(FNT) - This relationship only holds true if the move in front of the symbol approaches from the front.
(OHD) - This relationship only holds true if the move in front of the symbol approaches overhead.
(CLS) - This relationship only holds true when you/Stalking Flare are close to your opponent.
(FAR) - This relationship only holds true when you/Stalking Flare are far from your opponent.

Matchup Normals Legend:
(RNG) - The expressed relationship is in regards to range.
(SPD) - The expressed relationship is in regards to start-up speed.
(TRD) - The two normals generally trade when both are spaced properly.
(RND) - Shifts in the opposing character’s hitbox render the spacing largely relationship.

Matchup Specials Legend:
(DUR) - The expressed relationship is in regards to projectile durability.
(PRI) - The expressed relationship is in regards to projectile priority.
(NEG) - The superior move is able to negate the inferior one entirely.

Matchup Hypers Legend:
(CIN) - The expressed relationship exists when your input is performed during your opponent’s cinematic.
(RND) - The equals sign here means that the hypers are close enough that the first input generally wins.
(NEG) - The equals sign here means that the hypers cancel each other out completely.
(TRD) - The equals sign here means that the two hypers will trade.
(DUR) - The expressed relationship is in regards to beating Stalking Flare’s durability.
(HIT) - The expressed relationship is in regards to beating Stalking Flare by hitting Dormammu.

Matchup Combos Legend:
(WHF) - This attack string will whiff against your opponent.
(HIT) - This attack string will hit against your opponent.
(FEW) - Only a few hits from Dormammu’s attack will connect with your opponent.
(BLK) - This relationship only holds true when the attack string is blocked.
(CRH) - This relationship only holds true when your opponent is crouching.
(SND) - This relationship only holds true when your opponent is standing.

Notation Examples

Spoiler

Dante:
•j.S > c.X (RNG)
Dante’s jumping S outranges all of Dormammu’s crouching normals.

Tron Bonne:
•Servbot Takeout < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
With enough space, Chaotic Flame will beat Servbot Takeout during its cinematic screen

C. Viper:
•Viper Full Throttle < Dark Dimension (RND, CLS)
•Viper Full Throttle = Dark Dimension (RND, NEG, CLS)
•Viper Full Throttle < Dark Dimension (CIN, FAR)
At close ranges, Dark Dimension will tend to beat Viper Full Throttle if it is input first. If the inputs are close enough, and both characters are close, Viper Full Throttle and Dark Dimension will not interact at all due to their invulnerability frames. After a certain distance is achieved between the two characters, Dark Dimension will beat Viper Full Throttle when the input is made during her cinematic.

Matchups, Page 2

Akuma (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Dive Kick < c.M (RNG)
Dive Kick > s.S (RNG)
Dive Kick = s.H (RNG, TRD)

Specials:
•Gohadoken > Dark Matter (DUR)
•Gohadoken < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)
•Tatsumaki Zankukyaku < c.M (RNG), c.M (RNG), s.S (RNG)

Hypers:
•Messatsu-Gohado Agyo = Chaotic Flame (TRD)
•Messatsu-Gohado Agyo < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Messatsu-Gohado Agyo < Mass Change M (CIN)
•Messatsu-Gohado Agyo < Stalking Flare
•Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo > Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo < Chaotic Flame (BLK)
•Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo < Mass Change M (WHF)
•Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo > Stalking Flare
•Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo > Dark Dimension
•Messatsu-Goshoryu > Chaotic Flame
•Messatsu-Goshoryu > Dark Dimension
•Messatsu-Goshoryu > Stalking Flare
•Shun Goku Satsu > Chaotic Flame
•Shun Goku Satsu > Dark Dimension
•Shun Goku Satsu > Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•If your opponent likes to approach Dormammu via aerial Gohadokens, keep in mind that c.M will both snuff the projectile and still hit Akuma if the spacing is in your favor.

•Akuma’s Tatsumaki Zankukyaku will not destroy Flame Carpet unless he uses the aerial version. However, Akuma’s Tatsumaki Zankukyaku assist will. Take note of this difference, as players who use this assist will find it significantly easier to bypass your defenses.

•You can punish Akuma’s Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo after blocking it via Chaotic Flame, and he can punish your blocked Chaotic Flame with Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo. Similarly, if you whiff any of your specials, or attempt to lay Flame Carpet, Akuma is within the means to punish you via Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo.

•Akuma’s Goshoryu has invincibility on startup. If you chose to rush Akuma using Dormammu’s superjump approaches, this is always a threat; depending on the angle Akuma catches you at, he may be able to cancel into aerial Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo for more damage.

Gameplay:
Fizzykups (Nemesis/Frank West/Dormammu) vs. Justin Wong (Wolverine/Storm/Akuma)

Amaterasu (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Cold Stars < Flame Carpet (DUR)

Hypers:
•Divine Instruments > Chaotic Flame
•Divine Instruments < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Okami Shuffle < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Okami Shuffle = Chaotic Flame (BLK, TRD); after flame portion.
•Okami Shuffle < Dark Dimension (RND)
•Okami Shuffle < Mass Change M (CIN, FAR)
•Okami Shuffle < Mass Change M (BLK); after flame portion.
•Okami Shuffle > Stalking Flare

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (WHF, CRH)
•Chaotic Flame (WHF, CRH, FAR)

General Tips:
•Rushing Amaterasu is a difficult task, as you have no method for hit confirmation against her on the ground, and from the air, Amaterasu can simply utilize her Reflector Disk’s counter, and Dormammu does not have any aerial attack options outside of his normal. Plus, Amaterasu has one of the better air throws in this game, and depending on your opponent’s DHC options, an air throw from Amaterasu could spell the end for Dormammu.

•Dark Matter will go right over Amaterasu in a neutral standing position. Only use this move if you are confident that it will not whiff.

•Purification and Dark Hole are strong options against Amaterasu because while she has strong mobility options, she has no swift dashing abilities that can throw off your aim - Amaterasu moves everywhere at a constant pace. Her horizontal hitbox is also rather large and aids in your specials hitting.

Gameplay:
Angelic (Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath) vs. MarlinPie (C. Viper/Doom/Amaterasu)
F. Champ (Magneto/Dormammu/Doom) vs. Zak Bennett (Firebrand/Dormammu/Amaterasu)
Tronzilla (Trish/Nemesis/Dormammu) vs. Gouken Respek (Taskmaster/Storm/Amaterasu)

Arthur (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Lance Toss (Gold Armor) > Dark Hole (PRI), Purification (PRI), Dark Matter (PRI)

Hypers:
•For the Princess > Chaotic Flame
•For the Princess > Dark Dimension
•For the Princess > Stalking Flare
•Goddess Bracelet < Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Goddess Bracelet < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Goddess Bracelet < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Goddess Bracelet < Mass Change M (CIN, FAR)
•Goddess Bracelet < Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•Arthur is a small character; small characters can be juggled several times in corners by looping Dormammu’s crouching medium into Flame Carpet.

•Due to Arthur’s unique hitbox, you can juggle him using c.M, Dark Hole L, c.L, c.M before launching. This actually does less damage than Dormammu’s standard combo due to the damage decay caused by your Dark Hole, but builds significantly more meter. It is even possible to connect another Dark Hole L after this, followed by another c.L, but it does not lead to anything more as far as is known.

•Arthur’s s.M not only deflects normal, but it negates projectiles in a similar fashion to Dormammu’s normal. If Arthur uses s.M during Dark Hole or Purification’s opening active frames, he will negate the entire attack.

Gameplay:
F. Champ (Ghost Rider/Dormammu/Doom) vs. Black Travis (Rocket Raccoon/Jill/Arthur)

C. Viper (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Burst Time > Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Burst Time < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Emergency Combination > Chaotic Flame
•Emergency Combination > Dark Dimension
•Emergency Combination > Stalking Flare
•EX Burn Kick < Chaotic Flame
•EX Burn Kick < Dark Dimension
•EX Burn Kick < Stalking Flare
•EX Seismo > Chaotic Flame
•EX Seismo > Stalking Flare (HIT)
•EX Seismo < Dark Dimension
•EX Thunder Knuckle > Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•EX Thunder Knuckle < Chaotic Flame (FAR)
•EX Thunder Knuckle < Dark Dimension
•EX Thunder Knuckle > Dark Hole (PRI), Purification (PRI), Dark Matter (PRI)
•EX Thunder Knuckle < Stalking Flare
•Viper Full Throttle > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Viper Full Throttle = Chaotic Flame (TRD, RND, FAR)
•Viper Full Throttle < Dark Dimension (RND, CLS)
•Viper Full Throttle = Dark Dimension (RND, NEG, CLS)
•Viper Full Throttle < Dark Dimension (CIN, FAR)

Combos:
•Chaotic Flame (FEW, CRH, FAR)
•Chaotic Flame (FEW, BLK, CRH, FAR)

General Tips:

Gameplay:
Angelic (Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath) vs. MarlinPie (C. Viper/Doom/Amaterasu)

Captain America (Opponent)

Spoiler

•j.d+H < c.M (RNG), j.M (RNG)
•j.d+H > s.S (RNG)
•j.S < c.M (RNG), j.M (RNG)
•s.H < c.M (RNG), s.M (RNG), s.S (RNG)

Specials:
•Charging Star < c.M (RNG), s.M (RNG), j.M (RNG), c.H (RNG) and s.S (RNG)
•Charging Star > Flame Carpet (NEG)
•Shield Slash < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Final Justice < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Final Justice < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Final Justice > Stalking Flare (HIT)
•Hyper Charging Star < c.M (RNG), s.M (RNG), j.M (RNG), c.H (RNG) and s.S (RNG)
•Hyper Charging Star > Chaotic Flame
•Hyper Charging Star = Dark Dimension (NEG)
•Hyper Charging Star > Stalking Flare (HIT)
•Hyper Stars and Stripes > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Hyper Stars and Stripes < Chaotic Flame (RND, FAR)
•Hyper Stars and Stripes < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Hyper Stars and Stripes > Dark Dimension (RND)
•Hyper Stars and Stripes < Stalking Flare

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•All three of Captain America’s hypers, Charging Star, and Stars and Stripes are very unsafe on block; Hyper Stars and Stripes is invincible on startup though, and Final Justice becomes invincible from frame 16 onward.

•Shield Slash does not have a hitbox on its return route if Captain America takes damage at any time. So, do not feel as though you have to be defensive for worry of getting hit on the return path if you have an opening. You can also negate Shield Slash like other projectiles on its way in, and it will not have a hitbox on return, allowing you to punish it like any other fireball in the game.

•Captain America’s Somersault has invincibility frames on startup.

Gameplay:
F. Champ (Magneto/Dormammu/Doom) vs. Hi I’m Nasty (Wesker/Skrull/Captain America)

Chris Redfield (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Grenade Launcher < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Grenade Launcher = Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•Grenade Launcher > Dark Dimension (CIN, FAR)
•Grenade Launcher < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Grenade Launcher < Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Grenade Launcher > Stalking Flare
•Satellite Laser > Chaotic Flame
•Satellite Laser < Chaotic Flame (BLK); after 1st laser
•Satellite Laser > Dark Dimension
•Satellite Laser < Dark Dimension (BLK); after 1st laser
•Satellite Laser > Stalking Flare
•Satellite Laser < Mass Change H (CIN, FAR)
•Sweep Combo > Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Sweep Combo < Chaotic Flame (FAR)
•Sweep Combo < Dark Dimension (CIN)

Combos:

General Tips:
•Chris’ projectiles either travel too quickly or have too much space coverage to snuff them with Dormammu’s normals on reaction. If you must, use your launcher to block the firepower, but you are better off dealing with his projectiles in other ways.

Gameplay:
Sanford (Wesker/Dormammu/Magneto) vs. Predator (Haggar/Chris/Wesker)
Pete Q (Chris/Hawkeye/Sentinel) vs. Pete V (Strider/Dr. Strange/Dormammu)

Chun-li (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Hoyokusen > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Hoyokusen < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Hoyokusen < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Hoyokusen > Stalking Flare (CLS)
•Hoyokusen < Stalking Flare (FAR)
•Kikosho < Chaotic Flame (FAR)
•Kikosho > Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Kikosho < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Kikosho = Dark Dimension (NEG, FAR)
•Kikosho < Stalking Flare
•Shichisei > Chaotic Flame
•Shichisei > Dark Dimension

Combos:
•Chaotic Flame (FEW, CRH, FAR)

General Tips:
•Chun-li completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and she has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against Chun-li.

Dante (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•j.S > c.X (RNG), s.X (RNG) , j.X (RNG)

Specials:
•Air Trick < Air Throw (SPD), s.S (SPD)
•Killer Bee < c.M (RNG, FNT)
•Killer Bee > c.M (RNG, OHD)

Hypers:
•Devil Must Die > Chaotic Flame
•Devil Must Die < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Devil Must Die < Dark Dimension (RND)
•Devil Must Die = Dark Dimension (RND, NEG)
•Devil Must Die > Stalking Flare (HIT)
•Million Dollars < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR); also punishable after penultimate hit
•Million Dollars = Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Million Dollars < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Million Dollars < Stalking Flare
•Million Dollars < Superjump -> Mass Change M (CIN, FAR)

Combos:

General Tips:
•Dante’s Air Trick has 20 frames of recovery; punish it on reaction with either Dormammu’s launcher, which reaches up to Dante’s height, or with an air throw.

•Dante’s j.S outrange’s Dormammu’s entire arsenal. You can try to block and punish, but good Dante players may cancel the j.S into The Hammer on block for massive frame advantage.

•Hysteric’s missiles will disappear if Dante takes damage. They home in very well, so if you Mass Change, they will generally hit you before you fully recover. You can use Purification or Dark Hole to hit Dante, and thus take out the missiles as well.

•Dante can Bold cancel all of his normals, and cancel Bold into blocking, in 1 frame. Therefore, you can never punish his normals via Chaotic Flame. Look out for a whiffed special or aerial normal instead.

Gameplay:
Zak Bennet (Firebrand/Dormammu/Amaterasu) vs. PR Balrog (Dante/Vergil/Hawkeye)
Brightside (Spider-man/Dormammu/Doom) vs. FrankieG (Dante/Vergil/Magneto)
Spartan Throne (Wolverine/Dormammu/Iron Fist) vs. SmexyMillz (Vergil/Dante/Strider)
Stone (Zero/Wesker/Dormammu) vs. Mihe (Zero/Vergil/Dante)

Deadpool (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Trigger Happy L/M > c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG)
•Trigger Happy L/M < s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•4th-Wall Crisis < Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•4th-Wall Crisis < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•4th-Wall Crisis < Stalking Flare (CIN)
•Cuttin’ Time < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Cuttin’ Time > Dark Dimension (RND, CLS)
•Cuttin’ Time < Dark Dimension (CIN, FAR)
•Cuttin’ Time < Stalking Flare
•Happy-Happy Trigger < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Happy-Happy Trigger < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Happy-Happy Trigger > Stalking Flare (DUR)
•Happy-Happy Trigger < Superjump -> Mass Change H (CIN, FAR)

Combos:

General Tips:
•Deadpool’s Trigger Happy fires too many bullets to counter with Dormammu’s standing or crouching medium. If you must, use your launcher to block the firepower, but you are better off dealing with his projectiles in other ways, since Deadpool can cancel into Happy-Happy Trigger and you are defenseless, since launchers cannot be canceled into hypers.

•Dormammu can snuff out Pineapple Surprise with his projectile-negating normals.

Dormammu (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Dark Matter < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Chaotic Flame < Chaotic Flame (BLK)
•Chaotic Flame < Mass Change M (WHF)
•Chaotic Flame > Stalking Flare
•Dark Dimension > Chaotic Flame
•Dark Dimension = Dark Dimension (RND, CLS)
•Dark Dimension = Dark Dimension (NEG, FAR)
•Dark Dimension > Stalking Flare
•Stalking Flare < Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•Stalking Flare = Stalking Flare (NEG)

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (WHF, CRH)

General Tips:
•Remember that both Dark Hole and Purification provide frame advantage on block. Therefore, whoever establishes momentum first will be able to maintain it in terms of a long range firefight. Mass Change will beat out a second Dark Hole or Purification after a first has been blocked.

•Now that Flame Carpet disappears when Dormammu takes damage, it is much safer to rush Dormammu while playing Dormammu, and fights turn into standoffs plus randomness much less often.

Gameplay:

Matchups, Page 3

Dr. Doom (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•j.f+H < c.M (RNG), j.M (RNG), s.H (RNG), s.S (RNG)
•j.S > s.S (RNG)
•j.S < c.M (RNG), j.M (RNG), s.H (RNG)

Specials:
•Plasma Beam < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Doom’s Time > Chaotic Flame
•Doom’s Time > Dark Dimension (RND)
•Doom’s Time > Stalking Flare
•Photon Array < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Photon Array = Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Photon Array < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Photon Array > Stalking Flare (HIT, FAR)
•Photon Array < Stalking Flare (CLS)
•Sphere Flame > Chaotic Flame (CLS, RND)
•Sphere Flame < Chaotic Flame (TRD, FAR)
•Sphere Flame < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Sphere Flame = Stalking Flare (TRD)

Combos:

General Tips:
•Practice snuffing Dr. Doom’s Plasma Beam with your standing and crouching medium attacks; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

Gameplay:
F. Champ (Magneto/Dormammu/Doom) vs. ChrisG (Morrigan/Doom/Hawkeye)
Wentinel (Wesker/Dormammu/Magneto) vs. F. Champ (Magneto/Doom/Phoenix)
Ryan Hunter (Dr. Strange/Hawkeye/Dormammu) vs. Dark Hokage (Zero/Storm/Doom)

Dr. Strange (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Gameplay:
MastaCJ (Dormammu/Magneto/Wesker) vs. Dieminion (Viewtiful Joe/Dr. Strange/Morrigan)
Stone (Zero/Wesker/Dormammu) vs. ComboFiend (Nova/Spencer/Dr. Strange)

Felicia (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Dancing Flash > Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Dancing Flash < Chaotic Flame (RND, FAR)
•Dancing Flash < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Please Help Me! > Chaotic Flame
•Please Help Me! > Dark Dimension
•Please Help Me! < Superjump -> Mass Change H (CIN)
•Please Help Me! > Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•Felicia completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and she has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against Felicia.

Gameplay:
Jan (Dormammu/Sentinel/Haggar) vs. DJ Huoshen (Felicia/Skrull/Taskmaster)

Firebrand (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Gameplay:

Frank West (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Ghost Rider (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Haggar (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•j.d+H > s.S (RNG)
•j.d+H < c.M (RNG)
•s.f+H > c.X (RNG), s.X (RNG)
•s.f+H < c.M (SPD), s.M (SPD)

Specials:
•Double Lariat < c.X (WHF)
•Violent Axe < s.M (RNG), j.M (RNG), and s.S (RNG)
•Violent Axe = c.M (RNG, TRD)

Hypers:
•Final Haggar Buster > Chaotic Flame
•Final Haggar Buster = Dark Dimension (RND)
•Giant Haggar Press > Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Giant Haggar Press < Dark Dimension (RND)
•Giant Haggar Press < Stalking Flare
•Rapid Fire Fist < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Rapid Fire Fist < Dark Dimension (CIN)

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Haggar completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and he has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against Haggar.

•Nothing stops Violent Axe H once it first hits short of Dark Dimension; do not attack during the brief break between the second and third hits.

Gameplay:

Hawkeye (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Gameplay:

Matchups, Page 4

Hsien-ko (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Anki-Hou = Dark Matter (DUR)

Hypers:
•Chireitou < Chaotic Flame (CIN, TRD, FAR)
•Chireitou < Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Chireitou < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Chireitou < Mass Change H (CIN, FAR)
•Chireitou = Stalking Flare (TRD)
•Tenrai Ha < Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Tenrai Ha < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Tenrai Ha < Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:

Hulk (Opponent)

Spoiler

j.X < c.M (RNG)

Specials:
•Gamma Wave > Dark Hole (WHF), Purification (WHF)
•Gamma Charge < c.M (RNG), s.M (RNG), s.S (RNG)

Hypers:
•Gamma Crush > Chaotic Flame
•Gamma Crush < Chaotic Flame (BLK)
•Gamma Crush > Dark Dimension
•Gamma Crush < Stalking Flare
•Gamma Quake < Chaotic Flame (RND, TRD)
•Gamma Quake < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Gamma Tsunami < Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•Gamma Tsunami < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Gamma Tsunami > Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Gamma Tsunami > Stalking Flare (HIT)

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Hulk is big enough that Dormammu can combo out of Mass Change M without the aid of an assist. j.M, j.H or j.S into launcher will work fine.

Iron Fist (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Iron Man (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Unibeam < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Iron Avenger > Chaotic Flame
•Iron Avenger < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Iron Avenger > Stalking Flare (HIT)
•Proton Cannon < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Proton Cannon < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Proton Cannon < Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Proton Cannon < Mass Change M (WHF)
•Proton Cannon > Stalking Flare

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Practice snuffing Iron Man’s Unibeam with your standing and crouching medium attacks; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

Jill Valentine (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Machine-Gun Spray < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Machine-Gun Spray = Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS, TRD)
•Machine-Gun Spray > Dark Dimension (RND)
•Machine-Gun Spray < Stalking Flare
•Raven Spike > Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Raven Spike < Dark Dimension (CIN, FAR)
•Raven Spike < Dark Dimension (RND, NEG)
•Raven Spike < Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•Jill completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and she has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against Jill.

•Machine Gun Spray hits the entire screen; if you have a Flame Carpet out, it will be destroyed. This, combined with the move’s invincibility on startup and its movement trajectory, means Jill will be able to get in on you if she wants to.

Gameplay:
F. Champ (Ghost Rider/Dormammu/Doom) vs. Black Travis (Rocket Raccoon/Jill/Arthur)

M.O.D.O.K. (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Psionic Blaster < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Hyper Battering Ram > Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Hyper Battering Ram < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Hyper Battering Ram = Dark Dimension (RND)
•Hyper Battering Ram < Stalking Flare
•Hyper Psionic Blaster = Chaotic Flame (CIN, TRD)
•Hyper Psionic Blaster < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Hyper Psionic Blaster < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS
•Hyper Psionic Blaster < Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Hyper Psionic Blaster < Mass Change M (WHF)
•Hyper Psionic Blaster > Stalking Flare (DUR)
•Killer Illumination = Dark Dimension (NEG)
•Killer Illumination > Chaotic Flame

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Practice snuffing M.O.D.O.K.'s Psionic Blaster with your standing and crouching medium attacks; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

Magneto (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•EM Disruptor < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Gravity Squeeze > Stalking Flare
•Gravity Squeeze < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Gravity Squeeze < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Magnetic Shockwave = Chaotic Flame (CIN, TRD)
•Magnetic Shockwave < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Magnetic Shockwave < Chaotic Flame (BLK)
•Magnetic Shockwave < Dark DImension
•Magnetic Shockwave < Mass Change H (CIN, FAR)
•Magnetic Shockwave > Stalking Flare (HIT, DUR)
•Magnetic Tempest < Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•Magnetic Tempest < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Magnetic Tempest < Mass Change M (CIN)
•Magnetic Tempest > Stalking Flare (DUR)

Combos:

General Tips:
•Practice snuffing Magneto’s EM Disruptor with your standing and crouching medium attacks; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

Gameplay:
F. Champ (Magneto/Dormammu/Doom) vs. Fanatiq (Magneto/Storm/Sentinel)

Morrigan (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•j.S < c.M (RNG), s.S (RNG)

Specials:
•Soul Fist < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Darkness Illusion > Chaotic Flame
•Darkness Illusion = Dark Dimension (RND, CLS)
•Darkness Illusion > Dark Dimension (FAR)
•Darkness Illusion > Stalking Flare (CLS)
•Darkness Illusion < Stalking Flare (FAR)
•Finishing Shower < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Finishing Shower < Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Finishing Shower < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Finishing Shower < Mass Change M (CIN, FAR)
•Finishing Shower < Superjump -> Mass Change M (CIN, CLS)
•Finishing Shower > Stalking Flare
•Shadow Servant > Chaotic Flame
•Shadow Servant > Stalking Flare (HIT)
•Shadow Servant < Dark Dimension (CIN)

Combos:
•Chaotic Flame (WHF, FAR, CRH)

General Tips:
•Soul Fist can easily be snuffed by Dormammu’s crouching or standing medium; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

•Morrigan’s Darkness Illusion is only invincible at the very beginning. The actual range on the attack is very poor, and any move in Dormammu’s arsenal will beat out Darkness Illusion after its invincibility frames have completed.

Gameplay:
MastaCJ (Dormammu/Magneto/Wesker) vs. Dieminion (Viewtiful Joe/Dr. Strange/Morrigan)

Matchups, Page 5

Nemesis (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Nova (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Gameplay:

Phoenix (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Teleport < s.S (SPD)

Hypers:
•Phoenix Rage < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Phoenix Rage > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Phoenix Rage < Dark Dimension (RND)
•Phoenix Rage = Purification (CIN, FAR)
•Phoenix Rage < Superjump (FAR)
•Phoenix Rage > Stalking Flare (HIT, CLS)
•Phoenix Rage < Stalking Flare (FAR)

Combos:

General Tips:
•Stalking Flare is your friend. This can often be a solution to Phoenix’s teleport mix-ups; if Phoenix attempts to teleport behind you during the startup of Stalking Flare, Stalking Flare may hit her before she can recover. If Phoenix attempts to teleport behind you before you finish the input for Stalking Flare, she will eat a Chaotic Flame instead. This may also be your best time to X-Factor.

•Phoenix’s Teleport has 20 frames of recovery; punish it. If she is in XF3, it only has about 10 frames of recovery, and you cannot reasonably punish her teleport without guessing right as she appears behind you.

Gameplay:

Phoenix Wright (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Rocket Raccoon (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Gameplay:

Ryu (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Hadoken < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Shinkuu Hadoken < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Shinkuu Hadoken < Mass Change M (WHF)
•Shinkuu Hadoken > Stalking Flare
•Shinkuu Hadoken > Dark Dimension (FAR)
•Shinkuu Hadoken < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Shin Shoryuken > Chaotic Flame
•Shin Shoryuken = Dark Dimension (NEG)
•Shin Shoryuken < Stalking Flare
•Shinkuu Tatsumakisenpukyaku > Chaotic Flame
•Shinkuu Tatsumakisenpukyaku > Stalking Flare
•Shinkuu Tatsumakisenpukyaku > Dark Dimension

Combos:

General Tips:
•Hadokens can easily be snuffed by Dormammu’s crouching or standing medium; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

Sentinel (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•c.M > c.X (RNG), s.X (RNG)
•c.M < Jumping
•s.H, c.H < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)
•j.M > j.X (RNG)
•j.H > c.X (RNG), s.X (RNG)
•j.S < c.M (RNG)

Specials:

Hypers:
•Hard Drive > Chaotic Flame
•Hard Drive > Stalking Flare
•Hard Drive > Dark Dimension
•Hyper Sentinel Force < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Hyper Sentinel Force = Chaotic Flame (TRD, CIN)
•Hyper Sentinel Force < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Hyper Sentinel Force > Stalking Flare
•Hyper Sentinel Force < Superjump -> Mass Change M (CIN)
•Hyper Sentinel Force < Throw (CLS)
•Plasma Charge = Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Plasma Charge < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Plasma Charge < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Plasma Charge < Mass Change M (WHF)
•Plasma Charge < Stalking Flare

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Do not try to catch aerial Sentinels with a Chaotic Flame or Stalking Flare when they are at a low height; Hard Drive has invincibility from the first frame of startup and can punish you on reaction.

•Practice snuffing Sentinels standing and crouching lasers with your standing and crouching medium attacks; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

•Both Chaotic Flame and Stalking Flare lose out to Hyper Sentinel Force when the latter is used on reaction. Be cautious when using either to punish - you may end up on the receiving end. For Stalking Flare, X-Factor canceling after the flare is out will let you win the exchange.

•Sentinel is big enough that Dormammu can combo out of Mass Change M without the aid of an assist. j.M, j.H or j.S into launcher will work fine.

Gameplay:

She-Hulk (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Emerald Cannon < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Emerald Cannon < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Emerald Cannon < Stalking Flare
•Road Rage > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Road Rage < Chaotic Flame (RND, FAR)
•Road Rage < Dark Dimension (RND)
•Road Rage > Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•She-Hulk completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and she has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against She-Hulk.

Gameplay:
Ranmasama (Haggar/Dormammu/Magneto) vs. Abegen (Tron/Thor/She-Hulk)

Matchups, Page 6

Shuma-Gorath (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•j.M < c.M (RNG), s.M (RNG), j.M (RNG), s.S (RNG)
•s.H > c.X (RNG), s.X (RNG)

Specials:
•Mystic Ray > c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG)
•Mystic Ray < s.S (NEG)
•Mystic Smash < c.X (RNG), s.X (RNG), j.X (RNG), Air Throw
•Mystic Smash (Air) < c.X (RNG), s.X (RNG), j.X (RNG), Air Throw
•Mystic Stare > c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Chaos Dimension > Chaotic Flame
•Chaos Dimension < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Hyper Mystic Ray < Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Hyper Mystic Ray < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Hyper Mystic Ray < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Hyper Mystic Ray < Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Hyper Mystic Ray < Mass Change M (CIN, FAR)
•Hyper Mystic Ray > Stalking Flare
•Hyper Mystic Smash < Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Hyper Mystic Smash < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Hyper Mystic Smash < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Hyper Mystic Smash > Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Hyper Mystic Smash < Mass Change M (CIN, FAR)
•Hyper Mystic Smash > Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•Shuma-Gorath completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and he has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against Shuma-Gorath.

•Shuma-Gorath’s wonky hurtbox makes Dormammu’s usual Purification OTG into Chaotic Flame very difficult to land. Unless you cancel into Chaotic Flame during the earliest available frames, Shuma-Gorath will continue to rise out of Chaotic Flame with Purification.

Spencer (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Bionic Lancer > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Bionic Lancer < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Bionic Lancer > Stalking Flare (HIT, CLS)
•Bionic Lancer < Stalking Flare (FAR)
•Bionic Maneuvers < Chaotic flame (RND, CLS)
•Bionic Maneuvers < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Bionic Maneuvers < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Bionic Maneuvers < Stalking Flare

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Spencer’s Bionic Lancer has projectile invincibility; be wary of any specials or hypers you use against Spencer, as he can punish most of them on reaction. However, Bionic Lancer falls just short of traveling the full length of the screen; you are safe from Bionic Lancer if you are both on opposing ends.

•Normally, Spencer cannot combo off of Bionic Lancer except into another Bionic Lancer unless he X-Factors. However, if he uses Bionic Lancer and gets hit by Flame Carpet while hitting Dormammu, he will recover with enough time to launch you. So, take care when laying Flame Carpet against Spencer - not only is it punishable, but in the worst way possible.

Gameplay:

Spider-man (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Crawler Assault > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Crawler Assault < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Crawler Assault < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Crawler Assault < Stalking Flare
•Maximum Spider < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Maximum Spider < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Maximum Spider < Stalking Flare
•Ultimate Web Throw < Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•Ultimate Web Throw < Stalking Flare
•Ultimate Web Throw = Dark Dimension (NEG)

Combos:

General Tips:
•When sitting comfortably behind a Flame Carpet, keep an eye out for Web Throw; remember that it is a misnomer, and can in fact be blocked.

Storm (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Whirlwind > Dark Hole (WHF), Purification (WHF)

Hypers:
•Elemental Rage = Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Elemental Rage < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Elemental Rage > Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Elemental Rage = Dark Dimension (CIN, FAR)
•Elemental Rage > Stalking Flare
•Ice Storm < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Ice Storm > Dark Dimension
•Ice Storm > Stalking Flare
•Lightning Storm < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Lightning Storm < Dark Dimension (CIN)

Combos:
•Chaotic Flame (FEW, BLK, FAR, CRH)

General Tips:

Gameplay:

Strider Hiryu (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Gameplay:
Spartan Throne (Wolverine/Dormammu/Iron Fist) vs. SmexyMillz (Vergil/Dante/Strider)

Super-Skrull (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:
•Death Penalty > Chaotic Flame
•Death Penalty < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Death Penalty > Dark Dimension
•Death Penalty > Stalking Flare
•Inferno < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Inferno < Dark Dimension (RND)
•Inferno < Stalking Flare
•Skrull Torch > Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Skrull Torch > Dark Dimension (RND)
•Skrull Torch < Stalking Flare

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Meteor Smash is an effective way for Super-Skrull to bypass your defenses entirely, but it is punishable on block. Be ready for your opponent to cancel Meteor Smash into Inferno even if it is blocked, as this is the only way to make the move safe; depending on your distance from Super-Skrull after Inferno, you may still be able to punish him without using meter.

•Meteor Smash has no invincibility during its descent. While Dormammu has no strong options for attacking directly above himself, you may find the information useful when considering assist calls such as Hidden Missiles.

•Elastic Slam only reaches roughly halfway across the screen, but one dash and a kara-canceled s.H will make Elastic Slam reach full-screen. This takes place very quickly; between this option and Meteor Smash, you should never consider yourself to be safe behind Flame Carpet.

Gameplay:
F. Champ (Magneto/Dormammu/Doom) vs. Hi I’m Nasty (Wesker/Skrull/Captain America)

Taskmaster (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•Spidey Swing < c.M (RNG), s.M (RNG), s.S (RNG), Jumping (see General Tips), Air Throw (BLK)
•s.S < c.X (BLK), s.X (BLK)

Specials:
•Aim Master L (Hold): < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Legion Arrow LM < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Legion Arrow LM = Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Legion Arrow LM < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Legion Arrow LM < Stalking Flare (CLS)
•Legion Arrow LM > Stalking Flare (HIT, FAR)

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Aim Master L (Hold) can be snuffed with s.M and kara-canceled into a special of your choice, but the timing is very strict.

•Taskmaster’s Charging Star command normal negates Flame Carpet; unlike Captain America, Taskmaster’s Charging Star can be made safe by canceling it into Aim Master L (Hold).

•c.M, s.M, and s.S outrange Spidey Swing, and you can simply jump over Spidey Swing if you are close enough while it starts up. j.H and j.S can lead into a full combo at this point, but the timing is tricky. After Spidey Swing is blocked, Taskmaster is open to an air throw before the active frames of his j.M start and his pressure continues.

Gameplay:

Thor (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•j.H < s.H (RNG)
•j.H > c.M (RNG, RND)
•j.S < c.M (RNG)

Specials:
•Mighty Spark < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Mighty Punish > Chaotic Flame
•Mighty Punish < Dark Dimension (RND)
•Mighty Thunder < Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•Mighty Thunder < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Mighty Thunder < Mass Change H (CIN)
•Mighty Thunder > Stalking Flare (DUR, HIT)
•Mighty Tornado < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Mighty Tornado < Stalking Flare
•Mighty Tornado < Dark Dimension (CIN)

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Practice snuffing Thor’s Mighty Thunder with your standing and crouching medium attacks; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

•Thor’s Mighty Strike negates projectiles during its active frames. This can snuff your Flame Carpet as well as any Dark Holes or Purifications you are attempting to hit him with. Note that Thor can only combo off of Mighty Strike’s aerial versions - the most he can do off his ground version, without a proper assist, is cancel into Mighty Tornado.

Gameplay:

Matchups, Page 7

Trish (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•Dive Kick < c.M (RNG, FNT), s.H (RNG)
•Dive Kick > c.M (RNG, OHD), s.S (RNG),

Specials:
•Low Voltage L < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Duet Pain > Chaotic Flame
•Duet Pain < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Duet Pain = Dark Dimension (RND, NEG)
•Duet Pain < Dark Dimension (RND)
•High Voltage < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•High Voltage < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•High Voltage < Stalking Flare
•Round Harvest < Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•Round Harvest < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Round Harvest < Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Round Harvest > Stalking Flare (FAR)
•Round Harvest < Stalking Flare (CLS)

Combos:

General Tips:
•Whether you can snuff Trish’s Low Voltage depends on the version used. Low Voltage L is very easy to kara-cancel off of into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell, but Low Voltage H covers too much area for Dormammu’s normals.

Tron Bonne (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•j.H < c.M (RNG)
•j.S < c.M (RNG)
•s.H < s.M (RNG), s.S (RNG)

Specials:
•Bonne Strike < c.M (RNG), s.M (RNG), s.S (RNG)

Hypers:
•Servbot Takeout < Chaotic Flame (RND, CLS)
•Servbot Takeout < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Servbot Takeout < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Servbot Takeout < Stalking Flare
•Servbot Surprise = Chaotic Flame (CIN, TRD)
•Servbot Surprise < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Servbot Surprise < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Servbot Surprise = Stalking Flare (TRD, HIT)
•Shakedown Mixer > Chaotic Flame
•Shakedown Mixer < Dark Dimension (RND)

Combos:
•c.L, c.M (HIT)

General Tips:
•Tron Bonne completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and she has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against Tron Bonne.

•Tron Bonne is big enough that Dormammu can combo out of Mass Change M without the aid of an assist. j.M, j.H or j.S into launcher will work fine.

•Due to Tron Bonne’s unique hitbox, you can juggle her using c.M, qcf.L, c.L, c.M before launching. This actually does less damage than Dormammu’s standard combo due to the damage decay caused by your Dark Hole, but builds significantly more meter.

•Tron’s j.S and j.H attacks negate projectiles. This might not seem terribly important, but Tron can time her j.S to both hit Dormammu and destroy Flame Carpet. Her j.H can destroy projectiles like Dark Hole, which then gives her an opening to Bonne Strike if you do not have a Flame Carpet placed. Timed properly, her j.H can even destroy Dormammu’s 3D0C!

Gameplay:

Vergil (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:

Hypers:

Combos:

General Tips:

Gameplay:

Viewtiful Joe (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Red Hot Kick L < c.M (RNG)
•Red Hot Kick M > c.M (RNG, OHD)
•Red Hot Kick M < c.M (RNG, FNT), j.M (RNG), s.H (RNG)
•Red Hot Kick H < c.M (RNG, FNT), j.M (RNG)
•Red Hot Kick = s.H (RNG)

Hypers:
•Desperado < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Desperado < Dark Dimension (CIN, CLS)
•Desperado > Dark Dimension (RND, FAR)
•Desperado < Mass Change H (CIN, FAR)
•Desperado > Stalking Flare
•Mach Speed > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Mach Speed < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Mach Speed < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Mach Speed > Stalking Flare (CLS)
•Mach Speed < Stalking Flare (FAR)
•Viewtiful Godhand > Chaotic Flame
•Viewtiful Godhand < Dark Dimension (CIN)

Combos:
•Chaotic Flame (FEW, FAR)

General Tips:
•Viewtiful Joe is a mixup monster close up due to his standing overhead and the ability for his j.S to cross-up. His Voomerangs get him in - he can even combo off of an aerial Voomerang. He has excellent air maneuverability, with a triple jump and two air dashes, along with his own “dive kick”. Never let Viewtiful Joe into your personal space.

•Viewtiful Joe is a small character; small characters can be juggled several times in corners by looping Dormammu’s crouching medium into Flame Carpet.

•Dormammu can dash through Viewtiful Joe when he is crouching.

•Viewtiful Joe’s Mach Speed has considerable startup invincibility. Even when you have Flame Carpet down, you are not necessarily safe against a grounded Viewtiful Joe with meter to spare.

•Practice snuffing Viewtiful Joe’s Voomerangs with your standing and crouching medium attacks; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

Gameplay:

Wesker (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Samurai Edge > Dark Matter (DUR)
•Samurai Edge < Crouching

Hypers:
•Lost in Nightmares < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Lost in Nightmares > Chaotic Flame
•Phantom Dance < c.X (BLK, CLS), s.X (BLK, CLS)
•Phantom Dance < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Phantom Dance < Chaotic Flame (BLK)
•Phantom Dance > Dark Dimension (FAR)
•Phantom Dance > Dark Dimension (RND, CLS)
•Phantom Dance < Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•Flame Carpet is an excellent way to shut down Phantom Dance, even when it is used during a combo; if Wesker touches the fire, he will be hit out of Phantom Dance. Wesker always lands wherever he started Phantom Dance; if he started next to you, be ready to punish during its recovery.

Gameplay:

Wolverine (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•Dive Kick < c.M (RNG, FNT), s.S (RNG, FNT), s.H (RNG)
•Dive Kick > c.M (RNG, OHD)

Specials:

Hypers:
•Berserker Barrage X < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Berserker Barrage X < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Berserker Barrage X < Stalking Flare
•Fatal Claw < Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Fatal Claw < Dark Dimension (RND)
•Fatal Claw < Stalking Flare
•Weapon X > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Weapon X < Chaotic Flame (FAR)
•Weapon X < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Weapon X > Dark Dimension
•Weapon X < Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•Wolverine completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and she has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against Wolverine.

•Remember that Dive Kick can be blocked low, and that once Wolverine starts it, he cannot block until reaching the ground. Flame Carpet is a wonderful answer to Dive Kick-happy Wolverine players; just block and let them fall into the fire, then combo.

X-23 (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:

Specials:
•Talon Attack L < c.M (RNG, FNT)
•Talon Attack L > c.M (RNG, OHD)

Hypers:
•Rage Trigger > Chaotic Flame (CLS)
•Rage Trigger < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
•Rage Trigger < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Rage Trigger > Stalking Flare (HIT, CLS)
•Rage Trigger < Stalking Flare (FAR)
•Weapon X Prime > Chaotic Flame (RND)
•Weapon X Prime < Dark Dimension
•Weapon X Prime = Dark Dimension (CIN, NEG)
•Weapon X Prime > Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•X-23 completely lacks any form of useful projectiles or ways to safely navigate your own defenses, and she has no long-range means to punish your activities on reaction. Always try to keep a Flame Carpet placed against X-23.

•When X-23 is using aerial Talon Attack M to get behind Flame Carpet, you may be able to simply air throw her out of it. Talon Attack M has an animation that suggests it has active frames much longer than the active frames actually exist. After she travels roughly have a screen’s length with it, Talon Attack no longer has an active hitbox, and you can attempt to air throw her or otherwise.

Zero (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
•j.H < c.M (RNG)
•s.H = s.M (RNG, RND), s.S (RNG, RND)
•Shippuga < s.M (RNG), s.S (RNG), Jumping

Specials:
•Hadangeki < c.M (NEG), s.M (NEG), j.M (NEG), c.H (NEG), s.H (NEG), j.H (NEG), s.S (NEG)

Hypers:
•Genmu Zero > Chaotic Flame
•Genmu Zero = Dark Dimension (NEG)
•Genmu Zero > Stalking Flare
•Rekkoha < Chaotic Flame (CIN)
•Rekkoha < Dark Dimension (CIN)
•Rekkoha < Stalking Flare

Combos:

General Tips:
•Hadangeki can easily be snuffed by Dormammu’s crouching or standing medium; cancel into Dark Hole, Purification, or a Dark Spell to achieve momentum.

•Shippuga has a very small vertical hitbox, and you can often simply jump over it and punish from above.

Gameplay:

Gameplay and Combos

A Word:
Combos are separated by category; categories are as follows: Basic, TAC-Based, Position-Based, Liberation-Based, and X-Factor-Based. Combos are not cross-listed; the tier of features by which a combo is categories is X-Factor-Based, Liberation-Based, Position-Based, TAC-Based, and then Basic. The idea is for each combo to be placed according to the degree of circumstance required for that combo to be utilized; so, while an X-Factor-Based combo may utilize a Liberation, it would be burdensome for an individual looking through Liberation combos to navigate through the various combos that require X-Factor, etc. Generally, combos are sorted within their categories based on damage dealt; TAC-Based combo damage is listed as total damage dealt after the TAC, and is thus highly variable, depending on the pre-TAC combo. The section labeled “Special Combos” is for combos which are highly circumstantial.

Notation: I will always list, when relevant, bars of meter consumed, positional requirement, liberation stock required, and level of X-Factor used, in parenthesis, after the combo’s damage is stated, in that order.

Please feel welcome to submit content; however, combos will not be listed without an accompanying video, and that video must:

1. Be of decent quality off of a capture card; no webcams.
  2. Display the damage done.
  3. Contain only the contents of that combo.

Tutorials:
KenAdamsNSA’s Dormammu Character Guide
LintLikr’s Advanced Dormammu Tutorial

UMvC3 Gameplay:
F. Champ vs. Ifrit Evo 2012 Grand Finals
F. Champ vs. ChrisG ECT 2012 (Time – 1:37:00)
F. Champ vs. MarlinPie ECT 2012 (Time – 9:16:00)

Combo Videos:
SWBeta’s Day One Combos
LintLikr’s Stalking Flare Video
HonzoGonzo’s UMVC3 Dormammu Combos

Gameplay and Combos, Page 2

Basic Combos:
807,900 Damge (1M)
j.:h:, s.:m:, s.:h:, :f::h:, :rdp::l:, j.:h:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, c.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:, s.:l:

676,900 Damage (1M)
c.:l:, c.:m:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:h:, :qcb::s:, sj.:l:, sj.:h:, :qcf::l:, sj.:h:, sj.:m:, sj.:s:, :dp::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:

702,000 Damage (1M)
j.:h:, j.:s:, c.:m:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, :qcb::s:, sj.:l:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:

Post-TAC Combos:
~496,400 Damage (2M)
TAC, :qcb::h:, :qcb::atk::atk:, :qcb::l:, :qcb::l:, :rdp::h:, j.:s:, :qcb::l:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

~423,300 Damage (1M)
TAC, j.:m:, j.:h:, :qcb::s:, j.:l:, j.:h:, :qcf::l:, j.:h:, :qcf::l:, j.:s:, :dp::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

~374,000 Damage (1M)
TAC, :qcb::s:, :df::atk::atk:, j.:h:, :qcf::l:, j.:h:, :qcf::l:, j.:s:, :dp::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:

Position-Based Combos:
1,055,800 Damage (2M, Corner)
j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:, s.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:, s.:m:

784,300 Damage (1M, Corner)
j.:h:, s.:m:, s.:h:, :f::h:, :qcb::l:, c.:m:, s.:h:, :f::h:, :qcb::h:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:, s.:l:

777,800 Damage (1M, Corner)
c.:m:, s.:h:, :f::h:, :qcb::s:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, c.:m:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:

Liberation-Based Combo:
1,105,000 Damage (3M, 2D1C)
j.:s:, c.:m:, s.:s:, :qcb::h:, :qcb::atk::atk:, :qcb::l:, :qcb::atk::atk:, :qcb::l:, :rdp::m:, j.:s:, :qcb::l:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:

820,800 Damage (1M, 2D1C)
j.:s:, c.:l:, c.:h:, s.:s:, 2D1C, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:

781,800 Damage (1M, Corner, 3D0C)
j.:s:, c.:l:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, 3D0C, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:

778,800 Damage (1M, 1D2C)
j.:s:, c.:l:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, 1D2C, :dp::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:

728,600 Damage (1M, 2D1C)
j.:s:, c.:l:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :atk::atk:, 2D1C, :dp::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

709,500 Damage (1M, 3D0C)
j.:s:, c.:l:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, 3D0C, :qcf::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:

X-Factor-Based Combos:
1,775,800 Damage (5M, 1D2C, XF1)
j.:s:, c.:m:, s.:h:, s.:s:, 1D2C, :atk::atk:, :qcf::l:, :qcb::atk::atk:, :qcb::l:, :rdp::m:, j.:s:, :qcb::m:, :dp::atk::atk:, :qcb::l:, 2D1C (XFC), :qcb::l:, :qcb::l:, :qcb::l:, 3D0C, :qcf::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

1,394,000 Damage (2M, 2D1C, XF1)
j.:h:, c.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:h:, :qcf::l: (XFC), 2D1C, :qcb::atk::atk:, :rdp::m:, :qcb::s:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :dp::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

1,238,000 Damage (2M, 1D2C, XF1)
j.:s:, c.:m:, s.:h:, s.:s:, 1D2C, :qcb::l:, :qcb::l:, :qcf::atk::atk: (XFC), :f::h:, :rdp:h:, j.:s:, :qcb::l:, 3D0C, :qcf::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:

1,229,200 Damage (1M, XF2)
j.:s:, c.:l:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:h:, :qcb::s:, sj.:l:, sj.:h:, :qcf::l:, sj.:h:, :qcf::l:, sj.:s:, :dp::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

1,196,600 Damage (2M, XF1)
:qcf::atk:atk: (XFC), :f::h:, :rdp::l:, :d::atk::atk:, j.:h:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:

1,173,000 Damage (1M, Corner, 2D1C)
j.:s:, c.:l:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l: (XFC), 2D1C, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:

1,065,900 Damage (1M, Corner, XF1)
c.:m:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :df::h: (XFC), s.:h:, :f::h:, :qcb::s:, j.:h:, j.:s:, c.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:

1,035,000 Damage (2M, XF1)
:qcf::atk::atk: (XFC), :rdp::m:, :d::atk::atk:, j.:h:, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h:, s.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

953,100 Damage (1M, XF1)
j.:h:, c.:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :df::h: (XFC), s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:

??? Damage (2M, 3D0C)
3D0C, :qcf::h: (XFC), :rdp::h:, :d::atk::atk:, j.:h:, j.:l:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

??? Damage (1M)
:qcf::atk::atk: (XFC), :f::h:, :rdp::l:, :d::atk::atk:, j.:h:, j.:l:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

??? Damage (1M)
:qcf::atk::atk: (XFC), :rdp::m:, :d::atk::atk:, j.:h:, j.:l:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::m:, :qcf::atk::atk:

Special Combos:
Dormammu can perform special Flame Carpet juggles against small characters. See the below video for an example; the combo is team specific, so I decided not to provide the inputs.
Wolverine’s Demise

Dormammu has special combos against heavy characters (or at least Sentinel):
Heavy Character Combos

Dormammu’s super jump hit confirm combo:
687,700 Damage (1M)
sj.:h:, :qcb::s:, j.:l:, j.:h:, j.:s:, j.:l:, j.:h:, j.:s:, c.:m:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, :dp::l:, :qcf::atk::atk:

Dormammu has an infinite that can be done after a partner TACs to him. There are likely some variations of this combo that exist; for the time being I am simply providing a video for ease of reference:
Dormammu’s Infinite
Some Variants of the Infinite

Until the infinite is researched more thoroughly for optimization, I recommend visiting the following thread for more information about Dormammu’s infinite:

Special Thanks

A Word:
This thread is only as informative as it is due to the help from many other people here. Below is a list of those who have helped make this guide what it is. If you feel as though you are lacking due credit, tell me in a PM and I will gladly add you. May we continue to inform ourselves as well as our opponents so that we may become ever stronger players.

Thank you.

The List:
Binkley – for testing synergy between Frank West and Dormammu
Bmeister – combo videos and combo possibility discoveries
Chachaman – for discovering that Flame Carpet can be XFCed, with video evidence
HonzoGonzo – for providing a basic combo video and a video of his super jump hit confirm
KenAdamsNSA – for his video guide to Dormammu
FingerCramp – for making a video of Dormammu’s hitboxes and hurtboxes
Fuzzykips – for taking the time to write up synergies for Nemesis and Frank West
LintLikr – for providing some stylish Dormammu combo videos
Maziodyne – for providing a setup for Stalking Flare into FotF loops
Mr. Bubble – for making a video of the Firebrand unblockable setup
Pink – for discovering Dormammu’s Flame Carpet corner solo relaunch possibilities
Seth K. Mack – for discovering the aerial Liberation -> Hyper cancel trick
Solune – for providing Vergil synergy combos
Spartan_Throne – for working out variants of Dormammu’s TAC infinite, providing 0D3C info, testing Dark Matter interactions, and listing Flame Carpet juggles
SWBeta – the day one combo video
Triplexraider – for testing synergy between Wesker and Dormammu
Xero15 – for his combo video
Zephyr – for various combo video contributions

So basically, what we know based from the NeoGAF post:

Dormammu can pretty much do all of his special moves in the air now.
cr. M’s hitstun is reduced.
Flame Carpet got nerfed as it flings opponent far away if used as OTG. It disappears when he’s hit.
He can attack out of a down-back airdash.
His zoning tools have faster startup.
Overall speed has gone up.

He probably still has 1,000,000 health, right?

It could just be me, but I felt like he had more health. It’s hard to tell because we don’t know what damage changes were made in the game, and the new UI is throwing people off. I won’t be listing any of that stuff until it’s official in the final build, though. Right now I’m just working on post architecture and organization. Hopefully we’ll get a strategy guide like last time for the frame data.

this is what i found
probably similar to urs but a bit more detailed

Dormammu

• Reports that his Zoning Specials have become better in speed and recovery.

• Dark Dimension has a larger hitbox. No longer passes under bouncing opponents.

• Increased distance on backdash

• Can use Purification in the air

• Can charge Dark Spells while airborne. Can only charge one at a time and is vulnerable until he lands. He stops in the air when performing this special, in the same manner as Dark Hole.
    Liberation in the air causes him to teleport to the ground and then perform the release.

• Can attack out of down-back airdash. Most likely up-back too.

• Reduced hitstun on cr.M

• Dorm puts Flame Carpet slighty further out & hitbox change(?). Can cause OTG to hit once and knock people away mid-screen. Causes corner Flame Carpets to hit once on some characters because of the distance it’s laid out. Flame Carpet also disappears when Dorm is hit.

I almost forgot about how Dark Dimension will actually hit if you do it super-early because of the bigger hitbox.

You should just charge a Dark Spell before you do Dark Dimension; efficient and you don’t have to worry about timing.

Yeah, I remember from watching your video. I’m just glad Capcom is making an effort to get more people to use Dark Spells.

I really hope 0D1C and 0D2C become more useful this time around. His new liberation capabilities will greatly interest me since its command inputs can be done in the air. Since it was mentioned that Air Liberation makes Dormammu teleport to the ground and then unleash his dark Spells, this would effectively improve Dormammu’s playstyle. Who knows maybe an empty Air Liberation might be able to prove some usefulness. I do wonder where Dormammu will land after an Air liberation though.

this seems to be quite a new dormammu shaping up for umvc3. looks like nitsuma really wants to take dorm in the direction of more spell usage, which is good. no more flame carpet combo breakers.:frowning: no matter, since he’s being given tools in other depts. air purifications…thats interesting. will creation spikes otg again? lets hope so. ARE THEY GONNA FIX THE HITBOX ON C.B AGAINST SMALL CHARS? being able to attack after a d/b airdash…now thats attention to detail.:tup:overall, i like his changes.

I wish…Chindogg said c.L still doesn’t chain to c.H, too.

Also, the #1 Dormammu buff I want: the input system fixed. I never want to do an accidental Mass Change L again.

I got you guys. EVO Dormammu videos coming after the weekend.
Who wants to do testing with me?
Best way to figure out how to use our beloved spellcaster.

NeoRussell