The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Not into the idea of a final SF boss being female, it does’nt reflect what usually i expect from a SF boss.
I’m not against (at all) the idea of a very high “power level” female char, like SFA Rose or SF4 Juri were though

But if was something that could not be changed, will definitely pick a scandinavian valkyrie or shield-maiden inspired character.
Only case where i see someway easy sell her as super imposing badass final opponent, with her myth inspiration already about being stronger/tougher warriors than males.
Plus it will be easier have her tall/built af (at least towering over Ryu) in a still attractive way and will bring with her a strong warrior vibe, from a culture that worshipped valor in battle

Also her norse mythology will clash well with Illuminati’s greek olympus vibe

Will also like her incredible strong female trait coming from deep tradition/folklore imagery and not as something last minute made up and shoe-horned in to fit recent years trend like a ghostbusters reboot lol

But again if i could chose will indeed welcome something like her in my SF6, but as a Sagat-like strong final Boss right hand/bodyguard.
Mostly because her a final boss will be a norse Gill with a vagina, essentially playing mostly on lame easy gimmick of being “new” for a SF Boss

An alternative will like something inspired from indian Goddess Kali, with Dhalsim telling everyone she’s dangerous af

As much as italian i will welcome SFV Urien be Italy’s rep for SF, they’re greek
Urien got lot of Roman vibe in many ways, but they’re definitely greek

Will prefer Capcom to say it, as i like official nationalities in SF… everytime they slap an “unknown” on birthplace they should be slapped hard in the face lol

Nah. Modesty is overrated and boring. What Daemos proposes sounds reasonable since in the society warriors are scantly clad. Kinda like his

3 Likes

More on Menat’s UDON story with small sneak peek.

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/comics/street-fighter-menat-1-covers-and-preview-revealed

4 Likes

Seeing Maggio the fighting together with Menat feels weird and different, same with Bison’s reactions with soldiers while seeing the guy on yoyo fight lol.

It’s like a japanese anime with a narrative made to sell a yoyo merchandise or a toy company getting a manga to promote their toy line. It’s cringy like those bakugan, b-daman and beyblades.

The ESP…Hairstyle…fighting with a yoyo…I swear I’ve seen this before…

2 Likes

It’s cringy for a different reason for me.

Long ago, before they ever got involved with Capcom, I used to like Udon’s art style in comics like Agent X. Later, I went back and re-read that series and realized I’d just glossed over their artistic shortcomings.

But it feels like they’ve only gotten worse over the years. Not wretched or anything, just… uh.

4 Likes

I wait patiently to see another Season story to follow up from the events of Season 1.

I want to see the new characters in action. I also want to see Bison tear into both Kage…

and Necalli. Again. (Kappa)

Then again, who knows what might happen. It might be considered wishful thinking but I want to think that the staff members working on SFVAE as of right now are planning something else, aside from new characters, costumes, and stages.

Not to say that I am happy about most of the recent effort (despite me finding Kage unintentionally funny).

6 Likes

I’m like half way done. I was low key working on it at work. :expressionless:

1 Like

I only own Udon Street Fighter comics up to Street Fighter II which is the end of the Alivn Lee Era for SF comics.

2 Likes

You know it’s bad when Eventfuckinghubs have a legit claim at calling you retard

It’s like being owned by Forrest Gump in a Chess game

Eventhubs are full of shit and just stirring the pot.

4 Likes

It’s what i’m saying

Eventhubs is full of shit and still they’re correct on that

Impressive feat from SFV communication/marketing team, still going full retard

Will ever defend SF, but will never defend these people
They never deserved SF to begin with

4 Likes

Most of those articles are what if, poll post and speculation post. Not bad they should have continue those for their casual subscribers it helps also to know some few feed backs.

This kind of article only attracts people asking for SF6, while those asking new stuff are just people wanting to hear new stuff regardless of what it is. People hating SFV and threatening SFV because of MK11 existence is ridiculous to please and compensate. They don’t know what they really need because there are no constructive feedback or a definitive want other than just wanting noise.

Only one character has been released in the last five months and there’s full silence. They may have amazing plans for Season4, but some communication is badly needed.

2 Likes

Setsouna said 6 hours, 38 minutes ago
The real question is : Do We play a game because it’s food or because it’s supported by a development team ? Are we loyal to a game or DLC schedule ? Street Fighter V has many flaws, rookie mistakes on the PR department since the game dropped back in 2016. Truth is we should be pretty used to it by now. What made me stick to it is good gameplay and the nice animations for my part. Maybe they plan to focus on the Type Arcade release first and news will follow right after. Anyway there are too many good games around to torture ourselves like this, right?

This comment makes sense while the rest while the are just whining people against SFV. Hating SFV gameplay wouldn’t be ease a character reveal or a mode reveal, because they want a new game instead. People nowadays are bad on expressing their needs and wants. Some demand for the sake of curiosity while others just wanted noise and attention.

Cant stand EH, but they’re right this time. Capcom’s silence is deafening…

3 Likes

That is true 90% of the time. I don’t see that as the case this time. This has been the worst communication about future content Capcom has delivered since the launch of SFV.

3 Likes

Not even the Abigail reveal at EVO 2017 was as terrible as the current communication imo, at least he’d got his stage and we knew 2 more chars were coming. Whatever they’re hiding, it better be something giant, including new story content, of course (not just mini-stories for Season 4 chars).

1 Like

I think what’s worse is that there’s nothing being revealed, but they’re also sneakily nerfing FM without saying anything. It gives a bad look.

4 Likes

But it’s only been a month Darc, and we all know by now that they leave 2-3 months between announcements. The next big announcement will likely coincide with the start of the CPT season and the release of the Arcade Edition of the game.

They are probably busy working on the Arcade release of the game, as evidenced by the leak of the new UI. We need to be patient and keep a level-head. Why are we taking their silence as a bad sign especially when we know they are working on something? Why do we understand “doing something different this year” as a negative?

1 Like