The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

The whole Necalli prophecy doesn’t fit within the whole narrative of SF story. Sure you have the whole Ryu vs Bison prophecy but that was foretold by a character who happens to be a fortune teller. Why is Necalli here outside of prophecy? Why does he resemble an ancient Aztec besides the need for prophecy, technically he could be from anywhere and his story would still work so why South America? Shadaloo did extensive work down there as evident in Blanka’s story and the fact Bison has an Alpha stage placed here. S.I.N tested weapons down there as stated in ATTB. In order for Necalli to really work with SF instead of against it his origin should be tied to this.

In my headcanon for him I want to think of him as long-dead warrior unintentionally awakened by the BLECE experiments run by S.I.N during the anime. It would explain a legit reason for him being introduced into the SF universe besides being prophecy. It would also explain his ties to the SnH and give some sort of reason on why he can do the stuff he does. He’s a reanimated corpse brought about unintentionally due to a mystic SnH science experiment (alchemy if you will). Its a much much engaging story for the once poster child of SFV besides prophecy or what not.

It’s funny because I can totally work with Necalli being some S.I.N zombie. Kind of sounds like Vasili I know…

1 Like

Necalli is just fucked.

Well there is one major prophecy and within it smaller sub-prophecies.

Primary Prophecy Prophecy (From Illuminati; SF3:2i): An inevitable apocalyptic event that will plunge the world into darkness and suffering. This event will be followed by 130 days of silence, after which the Messiah will appear to save the worthy among the people of Earth.

Secondary Prophecy (From Bison to Rose; SFA3): That Bison through/with Rose will achieve the apocalypse.

Secondary Prophecy (From Rose to Ryu; SF4): That Ryu is the last hope for defeating Bison (likely in said apocalypse).

Secondary Prophecy (From Necalli; SF5): In a time of great chaos (read: apocalypse!), Necalli will come and attempt to consume the souls of 3 great warriors.

None of the prophecies end up being true completely and not in the literal sense (I mean could Ryu ever defeat Bison in SF5 without the efforts of everyone and their mother?), but together they paint a picture of the whole.

Necalli’s prophecy fits right in I think. It’s not a big jump to suggest that his prophecy happens to coincide with a major event in human history.

Who are you and what have you done to our dear @bakfromon ???

But why is he here? Why is he coming from South America? Why can he do the things he does?

Ok, let’s apply the same prophecy to the original SnH ghost Garuda. So why is Garuda here? To collect all of the souls of the SnH! Why is Necalli here besides great chaos and 3 distinct people?

Ok, well, why is Garuda in Japanese armor, despite the fact that the SnH practitioners usually originate from Japan? He possesses one of Hayate’s relatives, a character later introduced and is playable so you could tell a story by looking at his technique compared to Garuda. Necalli absorbed the warrior prophet, a character we can draw relation to Necalli by looks but really nothing else because he’s just seen in the backstory.

Why can Garuda shoot swords out of his chest and spin crazily? Because he’s a demon-possessed armor of a once dead Hayate clan member who is perverting his sword style.

Why can Necalli turn into mud or super form, his two main traits? Did the warrior prophet possess this torrent of power or ties to SnH to give Necalli his red aura? From Necalli’s own story his own original power seems to be to devour people in mud form and absorb them. He gained the traits of the warrior prophet once he absorbed him and shed his original statue form but then again why? Would he have done this with anyone else he tried to absorb like Bison or Ryu if he were successful? Go from Necalli possessed warrior prophet to Necalli possessed Ryu or Necalli possessed Bison? Why does he never use this mud form for battle as he did during his story mode?

You know how Garuda collects souls? Kills using his swords. What happens to the souls absorbed? Used as fodder to power Garuda.

See how many questions I can dissect out of Necalli with no answers as opposed to Garuda?
It’s because Garuda is self expalnitory and Necalli isn’t and he should be.

4 Likes

They missed the boat so bad with Necalli. Also what happened to him having a hidden genius. Here is a quick and dirty way Necalli could have been cooler.

Necalli could have been a tragic figure. A warrior that discovered the Satsui No Hado while desperately trying to defeat the Spanish Conquistadors. He is successful initially. Using the power of the Satsui No Hado to beat back the encroaching conquerors. However with each battle he slowly became consumed by it’s power. Eventually, while overwhelmed by it’s power, he slaughters his whole village. Realizing what he had done, he was driven to madness disappearing into the jungle never to be seen again or so it was thought. Anytime someone had the misfortune of unlocking the Satsui No Hado, Necalli would awaken. He’d slay the unfortunate warrior, consume there Satsui No Hado energy, and fall into a deep slumber until sensed the Satsui No Hado again.

Not flawless but i just thought that up as I wrote it. Instead of “consuming strong souls” he’d be after Akuma, Ryu, or anyone else that unlocked the Satsui No Hado. Why hadn’t he been seen before? Since he was on the other side of the world, he didn’t sense Akuma or Ryu’s Satsui No Had. Bison’s Black Moons amplification of dark ki would have awoken Necalli. Causing him to confuse Psycho Power with Satsui No Hado energy.

7 Likes

Fixing Necali.

Necali losing to Balrog is the problem, Yet we all know Balrog has his own feats like killing an elephant with his fist.

First of all there is nothing wrong for Necali losing to Dhalsim,

So the only thing left is how do we Fix Necali losing to Balrog?

• First take a look at the big picture
  • His with Urien testing how reliable he is
  • Lastly it is defeated and it is over

After being defeated it simply gone.

When I see Urien in SFV, and talking about testing.

Summary

Here is what comes next in the mind is this guy…

2 Likes

V-Trigger Necalli didn’t lose though, it was a draw. But yea, him losing to Balrog was stupid and didn’t do anything aside from damaging his credibility.

It would be cool if Gouken’s daughter had secret techniques that Gouken never taught to Ken and Ryu, because let’s be real, masters never teach everything to their students. Look at master Roshi, he didn’t teach shit to Goku and Krillin, only drills. But whenever Roshi fought he would pull many different techniques and it was like :open_mouth:!!!

3 Likes

I don’t feel the need of Gouken’s daughter, neither does capcom it seem

We got the ultimate result of Gouken’s teachings, it’s called Ryu
Timeline SF3 Ryu it’s everything a Gouken’s student can be from his teachings, beyond that it’s add personal experience or search a new guide for the next level (wich is plot given in the form of Oro)

The ansatsuken-related group already got so many reps, i don’t know if i want capcom to cut some, but surely i don’t want see them enlarge the family

Best SF is variety mindset SF, let them use new slots for new nations and styles.

Best SF is Ryu travelling the world (barefoot lol) and trade fachepunches with new challengers/style/culture in an endless path to perfect his art

6 Likes

The whole reason Gouken’s daughter was ever brought up was because of Capcom. IIRC Ono said they considered the character for SFIV. Before that no one really paid that much attention to the character. After further though on the subject. I’d change the origin of my concept of Gouken’s daughter. In short I’d do the following.

• Have her mother be Goutetsu’s daughter
  • Have her stay with Gouken until the his first fight with Akuma.
  • She’d discover she was pregnant and run off leaving Gouken.
  • Her rationale would be to stop “the cycle” from continuing.
  • Gouka would have natural affinity for martial arts.
  • She’d discover some of Goutetsu’s manuals in her mother’s things and begin to train on her own.
  • Refusing to fight the inevitable any longer, her mother would send her off to met her father.
  • She’s get to the waterfall and witness the battle between Akuma and Gouken.
  • While Ryu and Ken angrily tried to fight a Akuma, she’d pull Gouken from base of the waterfall.
  • She’d carry her father back to her mother to nurse him back to health.
  • Unable to find Gouken’s body, Ryu and Ken would believe him dead.
  • Gouka would train with Gouken from that point until his appearance in SFIV.
  • This would explain why Ryu and Ken never mentioned Gouken’s daughter. They wouldn’t have known about her.
4 Likes

What if Gouken’s daughter is actually AKUMA’S DAUGHTER!!! Omg!!!

Seriously, we can move the whole possible subplot of Ryu being Akuma’s son to her, and have her be adopted by Gouken after Akuma went Satsui on everyone’s ass.

1 Like

I always seen both Sakura and Makoto the spiritual successor of the concept of Gokens daughter.

2 Likes

Finally! I was able to type in what UDON translated in those pages from RYU FINAL (black background, white text),

It’s in the moment of Impact!! An infinite number of souls have been claimed by the Dark Hadou…The Raging Demon must have derived from their regret.
Through ubridled destruction, the Raging Demon is refined!!
He constantly refined Shungokusatsu, in turn, harvests more souls!!

2 Likes

This doesn’t have to be literal at all. Why are we assuming that it is literal in the Japanese? Cuz in English, it reads poetically.

2 Likes

Just to see where there could be a reference to actual souls or demons or any supernatural ties to the SGS that would imply it to be a sort of other worldly attack besides from what we know it to do literally.

Of course a lot of the reading is poetically, but so is Akuma’s Alpha 3 ending speaking about how the attack effects karma. We know that the users of the attack are eventually going to be possessed by a demon if they fully commit to SnH. Also, characters like Necalli prove that things that are tied to SnH over long periods basically have their souls trapped on Earth doomed to fight forever always hungry for battle. So it seems like a lot of what SnH and SGS do are sort of related to some super natural force outside of the whole martial arts realm myths.

3 Likes

Ingame i agree, he have things that could have been developed better imho
More than to please my taste (but will), as usual to be more loyal to the true artist concept instead what ingame model end up be

The eyes shape couldvery well be in that list too, but i like the yellow iris itself, it make him look not-human without group him with other existing beings (full white crew, red SnH ones) feeling new and different

While we don’t know if if we ever see a Necalli return, i never considered him as somebody that will rise in abilities… more than anything he got ridicolous high potential due his biology that allow him to become simply more powerful
Physically, as energy/ki, as absorbing ability (Akuma proven at “level 0” Nec can’t absorb powerful beings as him)

The way to reintroduce Nec as serious treat does’nt need muchstory excuse, they just need to feed him lol

But honestly even if we get a second story i think his time just passed at this point, SFV already have so much new to develop (NeoShadaloo, FF group, G) and hopefully 2019 will bring more stuff

Agree, “harvest more souls” sound very much a metaphor for using others, taking theyr lives as stepping stones to go deeper in the SnH path*

Just like for him killing Gen has been a development down in that direction, compared to when he spared his llife in the past

*wich is the biggest difference with Ryu, who instead destroy others, learn from them
Ryu know people through his fist, and after that he usually leave the fight with one more friend… even most of his enemies at least develop respect for him

Akuma don’t care about know people, he consider himself to be his own only master (in fact his training is alone, like an hermit), only improvments can come from within.
Others are just test, so after he crush them he proven his point to himself and move on for next.
He also need others as victims, because if you want walk the path of violence you need bodies to crush lol

Honestly a great read. Thank you man.

As for Gouken’s Daughter she doesn’t required to be a shoto

but she can be play like Gouken minus the Shoto attacks like Tatsu, Hado and Shoryu. Something that they did with Kage that remove his Ryu like gameplay.

We usually imagined her something more like Hokuto, Kasumi and etc that directly inherit Gouken SF4 move set without the shoto impression, that includes the donkey kick, that her special is more into counter attacks, deflecting attack and juggles.

2 Likes

Same, that’s why I’m never enthusiastic about it . I don’t wanna be a DingoDowner (hah) to anyone that likes the idea of her, I just fear she may be unsuccessfully pulled off and result in a “better if we didn’t try” scenario.

If things were different and she was done earlier, I’d be all for it, but to me SF4 was the last time that it could be done without feeling like a sudden pull. I just really think her appearing out of nowhere with no real in game references to her will feel like “Oh yes, let us all remember this new character that’s always been there!” trope.

1 Like