The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

This sounds right up Necalli’s alley and his prophecy.

4 Likes

Actually Capcom can still make the soul thing relative to SGS without complication to rapid strike attacks that it would compromised with multiple interpretation from canon and non-canon sources establish.

I would prefer it doesn’t canonize it in the future games. Even though the spiritual/astral realm in the SF universe has been cemented more than ever before now.

1 Like

Bison: “… Necalli’s only prophecy is to get stomped by the might of my heel. Bah. Such a weak martial artist. Look at him. A mere beast. A miserable pile of flesh waiting to be wiped off the face of this world.”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%40

3 Likes

Well in terms of being h a sort of entity composed of SnH in story he is drawn to other characters who use or associate themselves with SnH or characters who use similar energy. Nash, Bison, Akuma, and Ryu and basically any around them at the time were the only characters Necalli fights in story.

This topic and thoughts from @bakfromon can connect things.

How to fix Gouken weird theories

First make Gouken went into a coma instead rather than dead.

• Use Udon with Retsu interaction with Gouken, Make Retsu kept and preserve Gouken body in a temple being aware of MU and SGS nature.

• Then use @bakfromon thoughts on Bleuce Project, but instead of awakening dead souls, it becomes about freeing souls instead. Thus also freeing a sealed immortal force of nature like Necali.

• Then Gouken incorporates MU practice from Retsu to improve his Ansatsuken techniques as he was restored, thus explaining why Gouken had different movesets that separates him from a regular shoto like his brother that he practiced with and also his students.

Gouken and Retsu even have the same base stance.

The coma idea is from Final Crisis #6, Where Batman went into a coma after the battle with Darkseid. Where Bruce went to various time stream before returning same thing for Gouken and even Bison.

Nash body was also kept and preserve by secret society. Not necessary need to be killed by SGS but by having Secret Society some sort of advanced knowledge in preservation that even Gill use to access for his Resurrection technique.

This links both ends.

There’s nothing to fix.

Gouken fell down a ravine as a result of his fight with Akuma and went into a coma as per the flashbacks here.

Gouken never actually died in the new canon, let alone to the Raging Demon.

IMO, the gap in our information is who founded his comatose body and nursed him back to health. This is where Gouken’s Daughter comes in.

4 Likes

It doesn’t explain that Gouken went into a coma other than he survives and alive, but doesn’t explain how?

As for Gouken’s daughter she still none existing canonically in SF4 or SFV even how we want her to exist and appear. Capcom didn’t still acknowledge her being a character.

To be fair, Bison thought of Necalli much more more highly than that. ASF did a poor job of spelling this out, but Bison essentially either knew of Necalli or orchestrated Necalli’s return for the very reason that Necalli was OP. He wanted Ryu and Necalli to fight to bring out Ryu’s full potential.

The problem with Necalli is 2-fold; 1) His dumb non-VT appearance, 2) Him losing fights to side characters like Boxer.

Necalli also needed to kill someone in the first act to establish himself and the prophecy as a legitimate threat (Dhalsim was the best candidate).

3 Likes

We don’t need that level of detail do we? We know that Gouken is OP AF. If Gen can keep cancer at bay for 10 years with sheer will, Gouken can survive a waterfall.

Yeah everyone is OP in SF especially Akuma and Bison.

They just leave things in an open ended interpretation, but it is clear that Gouken is physical and isn’t a corporeal form or a zombie.

I didn’t know we were still beating this dead horse.

Nash is technically the only zombie in the series (reanimated dead character).

Bison (Phantom), Kage, and Necalli (when he isn’t running amuck) are the only incorporeal characters in the series. Rose can perform Astral Projections but they are bound to her physical form.

And yes if your theoretically want Gouken’s Daughter even not mentioned nursing Gouken back secretly so explained their both absence. That would be fine either not complicated at all, that would be better than zombies, clone, illusions and astral entities.

Yet mine is the same just also working around with a different detail of information with same results as yours but bridge different gap in certain areas unexplained.

As for astral yes both Rose and Bison makes sense for those area, because they are both expertise involve psyche and spiritual in manipulation.

@Daemos I actually you can simply slip in Gouken’s Daughter in process together with Retsu making both of them helping Gouken in his recovery so we get the best of both ideas.

Making Gouken’s Daughter canonically present which also explain the lack of their presence and reference in prior games.

Necalli standard look is better than the VT one, but #2 is definitely true

1 Like

Not ingame. Especially his eyes which added to him being a goofball instead of the next Akuma.

I’m a proponent of Necalli not having pupils actually like in the cinematic trailer. But instead of his eyes appearing white, they are black (hollow looking). This change alone would’ve dramatically impacted how people perceived him.

In retrospect, it adds up.

There is also a part of me that wonders if a boss version of Necalli is going to be implemented soon to show the full extent of his abilities.

1 Like

Last time we saw Necalli, Akuma tore him apart, literally. I’m sure he can reconstitute himself, but post-ASF there might be less strife in the world to allow for Necalli.

There is a good chance Necalli went into hibernation again, a cycle that lasts for hundreds of years.

Unless Capcom expands his lore further to allow for his existence beyond the prophecy (which would inadvertently make one of the foundational aspects of the ASF plot utterly pointless), Necalli making an appearance doesn’t make sense anymore.

Outside the “Original Necalli” concept art, there is no reason to believe we did not see the full extent of his abilities.

1 Like

The whole Necalli prophecy doesn’t fit within the whole narrative of SF story. Sure you have the whole Ryu vs Bison prophecy but that was foretold by a character who happens to be a fortune teller. Why is Necalli here outside of prophecy? Why does he resemble an ancient Aztec besides the need for prophecy, technically he could be from anywhere and his story would still work so why South America? Shadaloo did extensive work down there as evident in Blanka’s story and the fact Bison has an Alpha stage placed here. S.I.N tested weapons down there as stated in ATTB. In order for Necalli to really work with SF instead of against it his origin should be tied to this.

In my headcanon for him I want to think of him as long-dead warrior unintentionally awakened by the BLECE experiments run by S.I.N during the anime. It would explain a legit reason for him being introduced into the SF universe besides being prophecy. It would also explain his ties to the SnH and give some sort of reason on why he can do the stuff he does. He’s a reanimated corpse brought about unintentionally due to a mystic SnH science experiment (alchemy if you will). Its a much much engaging story for the once poster child of SFV besides prophecy or what not.

It’s funny because I can totally work with Necalli being some S.I.N zombie. Kind of sounds like Vasili I know…

1 Like

Necalli is just fucked.