The Street Fighter 3poxy Strike: Everybody at home but SF5 doesn't have Netcode

Can’t lie, 5 new characters kind of made me get my hopes up for SFV.
Probably shouldn’t, because I don’t care for most of the usual suspects (Fei, Viper, Makoto, Rolento, Elena).
Maybe Rose, but I don’t see her keeping her drills.

If they redesign Sodom well (cuz he’s not keeping his rekkas in SFV) I might be back in the game though.

Also

bjfrfkjewnfnw

6 Likes

Watching this (and a lot of 3s lately) it’s kinda wild to me that a lot of high level players value the damage and reset more than a knockdown. I’m thinking of Chun’s super follow up, most high level players I see usually go for the j.hp, j.hp follow-up that doesn’t have any knockdown as opposed to down j.hp that’ll give you the oki.

There’s a mak player now that has the meter to knock down off of a karakusa with EX hayate and still have a super on deck, but doesn’t… I don’t get it.

1 Like

I figured out how to cut and paste them. These are AE era so no V-Skill 2. As usual, I went way over board with lore too.

Name: Crimson Viper (With Suit)

Summary

Nickname: C.E.O. (Condescending Enhanced Operative)

Sex: Female
Ethnicity: American
Height: 5ft 9in (1.75m)
Weight: 148lbs (67kg)
B/W/H: 39-24-36 (99cm-61cm-91cm)

Hometown: McLean, Virginia

Appearance: Crimson Viper has very long red hair that’s pulled into very large top braid that ends in pony tail that comes down to her calves. Her yellow visor style sunglasses hides her green eyes. She wears a gray skin tight catsuit with a high collar. The front is unzipped to just above her stomach giving a very low dipped “V” neckline that exposes her cleavage. Viper has a black leather harness on the shoulders of both her arms. She has black pocket compartment strapped to the bicep of her left arm. There is a black leather choker around her neck. Viper wears a pair of near forearm length black leather gloves on her arms. She has a high tech black watch around her left wrist. There is black leather belt around her waist with a large square silver buckle. Her feet are covered by a pair of black leather boots that come half way up her calves. There is a combat knife sheathed on her left boot. She has gun holstered to her right thigh.

Dislikes: Working Overtime, Mission Impediments, Terrorist Organizations
Fighting Style: MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program)

Tone: Crimson Viper has a superior attitude and if often condescending towards her foes.

Origins: REDACTED…

CLASSIFIED TOP LEVEL CLEARANCE REQUIRED!!

Security Clearance Verified

Code Name: Crimson Viper
Name: Maya Velasquez
Military Rank: Captain (United States Marine Corps)

Captain Velasquez was recruited from the Marines to the CIA’s SAD/SOG (Special Activities Division/Special Operations Group). Cpt. Velasquez’s proficiency tests show exceptional marksmanship as well as high level CQC training. Subject is MCMAP 6th Degree black belt. Prior to military enlistment, Cpt. Velasquez earned a black belt in American Karate. Her psychological profile points to the loss of her husband, Gunnery Sergeant Laurence Velasquez, as the primary motivator for interest in covert operations. GySgt. Laurence Velasquez was killed by an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) by a terrorist cell in the Middle East. Maya’s skill set and unique appearance give make her an ideal candidate for infiltration missions. The brass has some concerns with putting a young mother in the field. However, that risk was deemed necessary.

Her Rival: Urien

Attributes: (With Battlesuit) Health: 2 Power: 3 Range: 3 Mobility: 5 Techniques: 5

(Without Battlesuit) Health: 2 Power: 2 Range: 3 Mobility: 3 Techniques: 3
925 Stamina 950 Stun (Suit only enhances offensive capability)

Throws:

Ab Fitness – LP+LK: Viper punches her opponent in the abdomen. She activates the seismic power of her glove on impact creating a shockwave that knocks her foe away from her.

Temple Massage – B+LP+LK: Viper jumps onto her opponents shoulders, slams her fists together on each side of their head, and activates the electric function of her gloves, causes them to collapse to the ground behind her.

Unique Attacks:

Viper Elbow – F+MP: Viper hops into the air and elbows her opponent while turning her body parallel to the ground. Slow startup, -2 on Block.

Double Kick – F+HK: Viper strikes with a high left roundhouse kick to the head, cocks back the same leg and mule kicks her opponent in the face.

High Jump – D,U or D,UF or D,UB: Viper activates the jets in her boots to increase height and overall travel distance of her jumps. “Empty” jumps have an additional 4F of landing recovery.

V-Reversal:

Crimson Elbow – F+PPP: Viper twists her upper body away from her opponent, and explodes forward back upward left elbow to her adversary’s face.

V-Skill:

Hover – MP+MK: Viper activates the hover jets in her boots giving access to new movement options. Properties of V-Skill differ on the ground and in the air.

• Neutral Hover – MP+MK: Viper executes a half height neutral jump.
  • Forward Hover – F+MP+MK: Viper executes a half height forward jump
  • Back Hover – B+MP+MK: Viper executes a half height back jump
  • Aerial Hover – MP+MK (In Air): Viper halts the momentum of her forward or back jump. She floats briefly before descending straight down.
  • Levitating Hover – MP+MK (In Air): Viper levitates briefly during the descent of her neutral jump.

Aerial and Levitating Hover have an additional 4F of landing recovery if no attack button is pressed. V-Gauge builds after any blocked or landed attack post Hover.

V-Trigger 1:

Stun Field – HP+HK: Viper overclocks her suits electric subsystems generating an electric field around her. Her opponents stun gauge slow fills when they are within the field. Effect only does not occur when Viper is knocked down or when she is thrown. When her foes hits her, their Stun Gauge doesn’t increase but it does not decrease either. V-Gauge drains quickly for the duration of this V-Trigger. 2-Bar V-Trigger

V-Trigger 2:

Afterburn – HP+HK: Viper overclocks torches in her heels enveloping her feet in flames. Viper’s normal kick attacks gain a flame effect that grants them a slight damage boost. Her kick attacks cause chip damage for the duration of this V-Trigger. A small puff of flame is created during the startup her high jumps and Aerial Hover/Levitating Hover. This buff of flame has a hit box and can be used to create high execution combos. V-Gauge drains slowly over time. 3-Bar V-Trigger

Specials:

Thunder Knuckle – QCB+P: Viper twists her upper body backward, charges her left fist with electricity, and charges towards her opponent. Punch button determines attack properties. Attack can be canceled by pressing two P buttons immediately after startup. LP(Low Dashing Punch, ¼ Screen), MP (Standing Dash Punch, ¼ Screen), HP(Anti Air, Rises at 60° Angle) EX(High Dashing Punch, ¾ Screen, Side Switch, Passes Through Opponent’s Causing a Crumple State)

Seismic Shockwave – QCF-P: Viper raises her left fist into the air before slamming into the ground creating a shockwave of seismic energy that travels along the ground. Speed of the shockwave is determined by the punch button pressed. Attack leaves her opponent standing. Attack can be canceled by pressing two P buttons immediately after startup. LP(Slowest) MP(Faster), HP(Fastest), EX(Fastest, Width of the Shockwave is Doubled, Causes a Juggle State)

Seismic Hammer – F,D,DF+P: Viper raises her right fist into the air before slamming into the ground creating seismic explosion beneath her opponent’s feet. Punch button determines were the explosion appears. Attack can be canceled by pressing two P buttons immediately after startup. LP(Point Blank), MP( ½ Screen), HP( ¾ Screen), EX(Covers Point Blank to ½ Screen)

Burn Kick – QCB+K: Viper flips into the air before striking her opponent with a split kick that sets them ablaze. Range of this attack is determined by the kick button pressed. Attack has slow startup. All version are throw invincible. LK(Point Blank), MK( ¼ Screen), HK( ½ Screen), EX(Gains Projectile Invincibility, Fast Startup, Aerial Flip Prior to Kick now has a hit box, 3 Hits)

Aerial Burn Kick – QCB+K: (In Air) Viper flips while in the air before striking her opponent with a split kick that sets them ablaze. Can only be performed from a Forward Jump, Forward High Jump, Forward Hover, or Forward Aerial Hover. Attack has slow startup, but has faster startup than grounded version. LK(Slowest Startup), MK(Slower Startup), HK(Slow Startup), EX(Gains Projectile Invincibility, Fast Startup, Flip Prior to Kick now has a hit box, 3 Hits)

Critical Art:

Burning Shock Quake – QCFx2+P: Viper twists her upper body backward, cocking her left leg high into the air before slamming her flame covered heel into the ground. The ground beneath her foes feet ignites setting the ablaze. She then slams her electrically charged right fist Into the ground. This causes a bolt of electricity to shoot up from the ground shocking her foe. Viper pulls back both of her fist overhead before slamming them into the ground creating an explosion of seismic energy beneath her opponent’s feet that sends them shooting high into the air. Her foe crashes back to the Earth, head first, and is planted into the ground if the attack results in a KO. 4 hits 330 damage (3x75, 1x105).

Reasons to be in SFV:

After successfully infiltrating and undermining S.I.N, Viper’s superiors set their sites on Shadaloo losing an operative, Smalt Raven, in the process. Before a counter strategy could be divised, an alliance of the US Military, Interpol, and the Kanzuki Zaibatsu were able to take down Shadaloo. However, Viper was able to ascertain that another organization puppeted the strings that led to Shadaloo’s fall. Through intel gained from her informant, Magenta Spider, Viper discovers there are two factions within this organization. She hopes to bring down this “Secret Society” from the inside by sowing discord amongst the two rival factions.

Side Notes:

CLASSIFIED LIMITED ACCESS GRANTED DUE TO LACK OF SECURITY CLEARANCE

• The loss of her REDACTED was chief motivator in joining the CIA.
  • Her maiden name is REDACTED.
  • REDACTED is named after REDACTED.
  • REDACTED when she is on deep cover operations.
  • Informant Magenta Spider’s identity is REDACTED
  • Operative REDACTED is based out of REDACTED

Security Clearance Verified

• The loss of her husband Gunnery Sergeant Laurence Velasquez was chief motivator in joining the CIA.
  • Her maiden name is Ortiz.
  • Her daughter Lauren is named after her father Gunnery Sergeant Laurence Velasquez .
  • Her daughter Lauren is watched by Operative Velasquez’s parents when she is on deep cover operations.
  • Informant Magenta Spider’s Identity is Han Joo Rhee (Juri Han)
  • Operative Crimson Viper is based out of Mclean, VA the location of CIA Headquarters

Name: Maya Velasquez (Marine Pre-Suit)

Summary

Nickname: Dauntless Marine

Sex: Female
Ethnicity: American
Height: 5ft 9in (1.75m)
Weight: 148lbs (67kg)
B/W/H: 39-24-36 (99cm-61cm-91cm)

Hometown: Corpis Christi, Texas

Appearance: Maya has long red hair tied into a “military donut bun” to meet Marine regulations. She has green eyes, large lips, and an olive complexion. Maya has a short sleeve green t-shirt with black letters, “USMC”, across the bosom. She has on green camouflage pants and tan leather combat boots. Maya has a black belt with holster, around her waist. The gun in her holster resembles an M9 Beretta. She also has a “kabar”, standard issue combat knife, strapped to the outside of her left thigh.

Likes Her Family (Husband and Daughter), Humbling Smug People, Track & Field
Dislikes: Being Stationed Away from Family, Lazy Students
Fighting Style: MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program)

Tone: Maya exudes confidence and fears no opponent

Origins: Captain Maya Velasquez is an elite Marine CQC instructor. Maya was star Track & Field athlete in school. She was the number one ranked under 18 Heptathlete in the United States. Maya was offered several scholarships but had to decline due to becoming pregnant with her daughter Lauren. Her boyfriend, Laurence Velasquez, enlisted in the Marines and asked her to marry him. Much to the chagrin of both their parents, she accepted. Maya enrolled in the NROTC, Marine Option after Lauren was born.

Maya would go onto become a MCMAP instructor. MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) requires officers to have a black belt in a Civilian martial art. Maya was black belt, 1st Dan, in American Karate. Maya’s natural athleticism and CQC (Close Quarters Combat) abilities allowed her to progress in skill at remarkable pace. Eventually she’d become a Six Tab (6th Degree) MCMAP black belt. Being an instructor kept her close to home, for the most part, allowing her as much time as was possible with Lauren.

Her Rival: Cammy

Attributes: Health: 2 Power: 2 Range: 3 Mobility: 3 Techniques: 3
925 Stamina 950 Stun

Throws:

Stomach Crunch – LP+LK: Maya punches her opponent in the abdomen with left-right punch combination and sends her flying with a left uppercut.

Instant Migraine – B+LP+LK: Maya jumps onto her opponents shoulders, and rapidly slams her fists together on each side of their head repeatedly, causing them to collapse to the ground behind her.

Unique Attacks:

Scarlet Elbow – F+MP: Maya hops into the air and elbows her opponent while turning her body parallel to the ground. Slow startup, -2 on Block.

Double Kick – F+HK: Maya strikes with a high left roundhouse kick to the head, cocks back the same leg and mule kicks her opponent in the face.

Split Combination – LP, MP, D+HP, HP: (Target Combo) Maya strikes her foe with a left-right straight punch combination, goes into a full split, hits opponent with a left straight punch to the groin followed right uppercut to her doubled over opponent’s jaw.

V-Reversal:

Ka-Bar– F+PPP: Maya strikes with a right knife edged punch to the throat that cause her foe to crumple to ground.

V-Skill:

A.J.P. (Alternative Jump Protocol) – MP+MK: Maya executes a half height neutral, forward, or backward jump.

• Neutral A.J.P – MP+MK: May executes a half height neutral jump.
  • Forward A.J.P – F+MP+MK: Maya executes a half height forward jump
  • Back A.J.P – B+MP+MK: Maya executes a half height back jump
    V-Gauge builds after any blocked or landed attack post A.J.P activation.

V-Trigger 1:

V.T.O.L (Vertical TakeOff and Landing)– HP+HK: Maya has a rush of adrenaline and is now able to perform Split Kicks from Neutral and Backward Jumps. Aerial Split Kicks no longer have a height restriction. Both Ground and Aerial version of the Split Kick cause a juggle state. Four enhanced attacks per V-Trigger. 2-Bar V-Trigger

V-Trigger 2:

C.N.S (Combat Knife Stance) – HP+HK: Maya unsheathes her standard issue combat knife and uses it in battle. The range, damage, and stun values for punch attacks are increased. Punch attacks now cause chip damage. Light attacks receive a 5 damage/5 stun buff, Medium attacks receive a 10 damage/10 stun buff, and Heavy Attacks receive a 15 damage/15 Stun buffs. This buffs carry over to all her knuckle attacks. In addition.

• Sliding Knuckle is now +2 on hit.
  • Dashing Knuckle is +3 on hit.
  • Rising Knuckle gains invincibility to Airborne attacks. EX is fully invincible but now susceptible to Crush Counters.

3-Bar V-Trigger Permanent

Specials:

Sliding Knuckle – QCB+P: Maya crouches, twists her upper body backward, and charges forward with a straight right punch. Goes under projectiles with proper timing. Leaves foes standing. Must be blocked low. +1 on hit. Distance traveled determined by the punch button pressed. LP( ¼ Screen), MP ( 1/3 Screen), HP (½ Screen), EX(Projectile Invincible Frame 1, ¾ Screen)

Dashing Knuckle – QCF+P: Viper twists her upper body backward, and charges forward with a dashing left punch. Punch button determines attack properties. Leaves foes standing. +2 on hit. Distance traveled determined by the punch button pressed. LP( ¼ Screen), MP ( 1/3 Screen), HP (½ Screen), EX(+3 on hit, ¾ Screen)

Rising Knuckle – F,D,DF+P: Viper twists her upper body backward, and charges upward with a rising left punch. Punch button determines the ascent angle. No start up invincibility, 3F Startup, knocks down. LP (75° Angle), MP (60° Angle), HP (45°Angle) EX (Invincible to Airborne Attacks, Causes Juggle State, LP+MP 75° Angle, LP+HP 60° Angle, MP+HP 45°Angle)

Split Kick – QCB+K: Maya flips into the air before striking her opponent with a split kick that knocks them down. Range of this attack is determined by the kick button pressed. Attack has slow startup. All version are throw invincible. LK(Point Blank), MK( ¼ Screen), HK( ½ Screen), EX(Gains Projectile Invincibility, Fast Startup, Aerial Flip Prior to Kick now has a hit box, 3 Hits)

Aerial Split Kick – QCB+K: (In Air) Maya flips while in the air before striking her opponent with a split kick. Can only be performed from a forward jump. Attack has slow startup, but has faster startup than grounded version. LK(Slowest Startup), MK(Slower Startup), HK(Slow Startup), EX(Gains Projectile Invincibility, Fast Startup, Flip Prior to Kick now has a hit box, 3 Hits, Causes A Juggle State)

Critical Art:

Charging Knuckle Barrage – QCFx2+P: Maya pummels her opponent with a barrage of Sliding and Dashing Knuckles, striking them a half dozen times before knocking them into the air with a two hit Rising Knuckle. 8 hits 330 damage (6x20, 2x105).

Reasons to be in SFV:

This is simply Crimson Viper, prior to joining the CIA. If for some reason during the current era, she were caught without her battle suit. This is how she would fight.

Side Notes:

• Her maiden name is Ortiz.
  • Her daughter Lauren is named after her father Laurence. She has never met her father’s parents
  • Maya’s parents didn’t approve of her marriage initially but came around. Laurence hasn’t seen his parents since he enlisted.
  • On the rare occasion that she and Laurence are on tour. Lauren is watched by Maya’s parents.
5 Likes

Wow that’s really neat and super thorough. You do this a lot?

Sure I can run a quick set no prob…

1 Like

I have a whole thread full of them. I started adding more detail as I went along. My later concepts have some frame data for attacks, damage/stun values, and advantage/disadvantage on hit/block. I don’t them as often as I used to. I’ve touched on most existing characters at this point and I put most of my free time into the book I just finished writing.

3 Likes

What we need is Hakan’s wife

melike

6 Likes

Oh shit you finished your book? Good shit bro can’t wait to see you on the NYT best sellers

3 Likes

source (6)

Fucking hell ArcSys, that’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

I don’t know about all that. Waiting for outside opinions before thinking about publishing it. Thanks for the encouragement though. :+1:t5:

3 Likes

Lol what? don’t do that.

Read it one more time, edit as you see fit and send it in. There only thing outside of opinion can do is discourage you from sending it in to publishers.

There’s no guarantee that the book you’d have after feedback would be better than the one you have now, so might as well get started with mailing things to them.

1 Like

Only tier list that matters.

6 Likes

Already read through and edited it. I hate continuity issues. So those, spelling, and grammar we my focus. My word count jumped by 4000 after all that. Editing took me far longer than I thought. Gave me a new appreciation for editors BTW. My best friend, the one that told me to go for it, is the only one with a full copy. People seemed okay with the excerpt I released a little over a year ago. I’m not changing the story. Just want to see if what I want to convey shines through. If the person that knows me best is lost, it means I have narrative issues that I hadn’t perceived.

3 Likes

You know that you are going get the same tist arguments despite the different subject matter right. :thinking:

Yeah, but when the subject is this good, I don’t mind. :rofl:

Bruh, Honda uses hit butt for utility, deserves on the list
Him and Mika S+ tier cause they put the booty to work

6 Likes

Chun at the bottom of this tier list is really bothering me. She’s not Kolin but lower then Sak and the barely legals Menat and Ibuki?

3 Likes

Pretty sure Honda competes in the husbando, not waifu, league.

@vhozite Yeah I agree.

Also Cammy isn’t S tier. She’s a tier too high due to reputation. Dammit Volt. Got me talking about digital booty. I see you have played your trap card.

5 Likes

I mean, look at the pic. Can you argue with that? :man_shrugging:

I personally believe Lucia is way too low.

The best asses in FGs belong to Potemkin and Gigas. True fact.

Though Karin is definitely the best in SFV.

1 Like