The Spider's Lair - Juri

New Juri punishes vid, vs Karin. Covers common moves, plus V-Trigger.

Online fighting games are the best :anguished:

Me: There’s no way he’ll keep doing Flash Kick, it’s too risky.

Him:

New online Juri set. Surviving against Laura. Which is funny, cause she’s also today’s punish vid (coming later). Enjoy!

New entry in the Juri punish series. Today’s vid is for Laura.

So…this happened. Best part was that I thought ‘keep playing, we’ll deal with that later…’

New entry in the Juri punish series. Today’s vid is for Necalli

One day I’ll punish Tenko correctly, I promise :sad:

I still don’t understand why you would ever go VT 2. I get it you want to maybe try it out ,but it has so many flaws compared to her first in my opinion.

I personally haven’t used it in a single ranked match.

Still, good use of her st mk, you love that button.

So Infiltration used Juri in the last tournament a few times. There was another Juri player but he was defeated rather easily.

1 Like

I like how he keeps things simple, storing lk and v skill only, I’m starting to think that being able to keep the storing to a minimum is extremely important at those levels

I think he keeps it too simple at times. Not gonna deny that unfamiliarity with Juri has been a factor on some of his victories. I wish he would explore Juri further.

season 3 combo video

season 3.5 changes

Juri

Chisenkyaku (Forward Throw)
    Damage increased from 110 to 120
    Added 2F of recovery after the throw
Standing LP
    Reduced the upwards hitbox
Standing HK
    Reduced the downwards hurtbox
Jumping HK
    Increased the amount of EX meter gain when performed as part of a chain combo during Feng Shui Engine alpha from 30 to 50
Kaisenrenkyaku (V-Reversal)
    Startup increased from 15F to 17F
    Increased the pushback distance on block
Fuharenkyaku (Normal/V-Trigger)
    Normal, V-Trigger: Damage decreased from 100 to 90

Developer Notes: Reduced the hurtbox around Juri’s feet for Neutral HK to make it more effective as a mid-range poke.

Overall, some good changes, weren’t hit with the nerfbat too badly.

new video by @JusticeSoulTuna

Could have been worse

Sigh, bye Juri. Time to truly move on, or should i say back to Cammy.

Haven’t posted here since the new forums but i’m back !

Well guys, she got nerfed for no reason again.

Some universal changes to AA jab and throw but i don’t get the fuha nerf. They pretty much changed fuha damage about 3 times so far.

A lot of characters lost some bullshit though,will see how Juri competes in the ever changing meta.

1 Like

The throw nerf is pretty bad and her st.hk buff not really necessary. Seems they just decided she have to be on the weak side of the roster

Jumping HK
Increased the amount of EX meter gain when performed as part of a chain combo during Feng Shui Engine alpha from 30 to 50

This one really confuses me though, it sounds like a bugfix they threw into the balance changes to fill the space a bit.

In general the Juri changes doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, especially the fuha nerf, I guess they felt like they had to compensate the st.hk buff (which also is unecessary, st.hk already jumps over most lows), but atleast Juri isn’t Rashid right now.

Who is Christopher ?