The Penultimate: an X-23 Compilation Thread

Matchups

A Word:
All advice is provided without consideration of assists; this is undesirable yet a necessary limitation.

All comparisons are organized alphabetically. Each potential opponent’s section is divided between his or her normals, specials, and hypers. The perspective taken is your opponent’s options, and then what options you have for responding, either pre-emptively or after the fact. If an “X” is in place of a normal attack’s notation, then the valuation applies to all normals of that type.

For testing against throw/melee/limited range hypers, the results are always done from within the opposing hyper’s range; obviously, any hyper loses when performed outside of its range of attack. If X-23 can beat a hyper in any way, I will list the situation. Otherwise, I will list the opposing hyper as absolute victor in the contest, meaning that it will be victorious even when performed during X-23’s cinematic.

For additional information about the testing methods used, please see the below sections:

Testing Between Normals

Spoiler

Spacing:

1. I set the CPU to repeat an action, with a small break between attacks so I can slightly alter positioning.

2. I place X-23 outside of the opposing attack’s range.

3. I attack with X-23 repeatedly while inching him closer each time, while always providing the opposing character an opportunity to attack between each test.

4. The first attack to connect between the two is listed as the victor; the experiment is repeated several times more to ensure accuracy.

Speed:
All data comes from the Brady Games guide’s frame data, and is then verified by me through placing both characters at point blank range and starting their attacks simultaneously; several tests are run to ensure the results are accurate, and not simply due to my own error.

Moving Normals:
Some normals alter a character’s hitbox. Unless the attack is clearly outranged by X-23’s listed response during all stages of the attack, I list them as equal to each other, and make an (RND) notation. Against attacks that last until a character reaches a certain position, such as Wolverine’s Dive Kick or Captain America’s Charging Star, the attack is performed at a variety of positions and distances, and only the question of whether X-23 can outrange these attacks when given proper timing is addressed, since you are unlikely to have to beat them in a battle of startup frames.

Rage Trigger Testing Explanation

Spoiler
  1. I use the opposing character’s hyper at the maximum distance at which it can affect X-23 if it is successful; during the opponent’s cinematic screen, I input Rage Trigger. If Rage Trigger wins, I list the hyper as < Rage Trigger (CIN, FAR).

2. I use the opposing character’s hyper at point blank range; during the opponent’s cinematic screen, I input Rage Trigger. If Rage Trigger wins, I list the hyper as < Rage Trigger (CIN, CLS). If Chaotic Flame also won in 1), then I simply list the hyper as < Rage Trigger (CIN).

3. If Rage Trigger lost in either 1) or 2), the reverse is attempted. Rage Trigger’s input is made in the yet-to-be-determined situation(s), and then the opponent’s hyper input is made during its cinematic. If the opposing hyper beats Rage Trigger, then it is listed as > Rage Trigger.

4. If the opposing hyper lost in 3), both hypers are attempted simultaneously; the victorious hyper is listed as superior to the opposing one, and an (RND) notation is assigned. The Brady Games frame data is used for verification of the results.

5. If other results were found during the experiment, such as damage trades occurring, they are listed.

Weapon X-Prime Testing Explanation

Spoiler
  1. I use the opposing character’s hyper at the maximum distance at which it can affect X-23 if it is successful; during the opponent’s cinematic screen, I input Weapon X-Prime. If Weapon X-Prime wins, I list the hyper as < Weapon X-Prime (CIN, FAR).

2. I use the opposing character’s hyper at point blank range; during the opponent’s cinematic screen, I input Weapon X-Prime. If Weapon X-Prime wins, I list the hyper as < Weapon X-Prime (CIN, CLS). If Weapon X-Prime also won in 1), then I simply list the hyper as < Weapon X-Prime (CIN).

3. If Weapon X-Prime lost in either 1) or 2), the reverse is attempted. Weapon X-Prime’s input is made in the yet-to-be-determined situation(s), and then the opponent’s hyper input is made during its cinematic. If the opposing hyper beats Weapon X-Prime, then it is listed as > Dark Dimension.

4. If the opposing hyper lost in 3), both hypers are attempted simultaneously; the victorious hyper is listed as superior to the opposing one, and an (RND) notation is assigned. The Brady Games frame data is used for verification of the results.

5. If other results were found during the experiment, such as the two hypers negating each other, they are listed.

Silent Kill Testing Explanation

Spoiler

As of right this moment I’m not sure how we’re going to treat Silent Kill testing so we’ll come back around to this at a later date. It does has invincibility frames but since it activation doesn’t come with any countering hit box I’m at a bit of a loss if there’s anything to test.

Why (RND) Is Used

Spoiler

When considering which hyper wins in a direct confrontation, it would be disingenuous to simply say the faster hyper wins. For example, Rage Trigger takes a total of 15 frames before it is on screen and dealing damage. Shinkuu Hadoken takes 19 frames before it is on screen and dealing damage. While, technically, Rage Trigger can beat out Shinkuu Hadoken, in practice the human body is simply not able to identify and respond to the flash animation within those 4 frames. In practice, it is more honest to say that whichever hyper begins first will win.

So, in all situations where the outcome is dependent on when the second hyper was started pre-cinematic, I will list the faster hyper as being superior, but I will also add the (RND) label to signify that, in practice, the first player to input his hyper command often wins, and there is a good deal of “randomness” involved. The data used for determining the faster hyper comes from the results of my own attempts to activate both hypers simultaneously, and is then checked against the Brady Guide to ensure I am not in error.

What (FAR), (CLS) and (TIM) Mean

Spoiler

If two conflicting hypers have two results, with one listed as (FAR), and the other as (CLS), it simply means that, at a certain distance between the two characters, the relationship between them changes. Due to the large number of positional possibilities in the game and a lack of coordinates for communication, this is all that can be said. What (CLS) means is generally pretty obvious, but (FAR) can contextually mean anything from full-screen to just a few steps away from your opponent’s character. While this is not entirely satisfactory, there is simply no way to communicate the distance between two characters objectively.

To complicate matters futher, all of X-23’s Hypers have varying degrees of invincibility. In situations where a hyper has be used with specific timing to beat an opposing hyper it will be marked as such. Notes will be added if the best time to punish is not readily apparent.

General Matchup Legend:
(>) - The move in front of this symbol is superior to move(s) behind it in some fashion.
(<) - The move in front of this symbol is inferior to move(s) behind it in some fashion.
(=) - The move in front of this symbol is equal to move(s) behind it in some fashion.

Conditionals:
(WHF) - This relationship only holds true if the move in front of the symbol whiffs.
(BLK) - This relationship only holds true if the move in front of the symbol is blocked.
(FNT) - This relationship only holds true if the move in front of the symbol approaches from the front.
(OHD) - This relationship only holds true if the move in front of the symbol approaches overhead.
(CLS) - This relationship only holds true when you are close to your opponent.
(FAR) - This relationship only holds true when you are far from your opponent.

Matchup Normals Legend:
(RNG) - The expressed relationship is in regards to range.
(SPD) - The expressed relationship is in regards to start-up speed.
(TRD) - The two normals generally trade when both are spaced properly.
(RND) - Shifts in the opposing character’s hitbox render the spacing largely irrelevant.

Matchup Specials Legend:
(NEG) - The superior move is able to negate the inferior one entirely.

Matchup Hypers Legend:
(CIN) - The expressed relationship exists when your input is performed during your opponent’s cinematic.
(TIM) - The expressed relationship exists when the input is timing specific in order to beat a hyper with Rage Trigger’s/Weapon X-Primes invincibility frames.
(RND) - The equals sign here means that the hypers are close enough that the first input generally wins.
(NEG) - The equals sign here means that the hypers cancel each other out completely.
(TRD) - The equals sign here means that the two hypers will trade.

Matchup Combos Legend:
(WHF) - This attack string will whiff against your opponent.
(HIT) - This attack string will hit against your opponent.
(FEW) - Only a few hits from Dormammu’s attack will connect with your opponent.
(BLK) - This relationship only holds true when the attack string is blocked.
(CRH) - This relationship only holds true when your opponent is crouching.
(SND) - This relationship only holds true when your opponent is standing.

Notation Examples

Spoiler

I will replace these with X-23 specific examples at a later date but, for illustrative purposes, all of these work fine.

Dante:
•j.S > c.X (RNG)
Dante’s jumping S outranges all of Dormammu’s crouching normals.

Tron Bonne:
•Servbot Takeout < Chaotic Flame (CIN, FAR)
With enough space, Chaotic Flame will beat Servbot Takeout during its cinematic screen

C. Viper:
•Viper Full Throttle < Dark Dimension (RND, CLS)
•Viper Full Throttle = Dark Dimension (RND, NEG, CLS)
•Viper Full Throttle < Dark Dimension (CIN, FAR)
At close ranges, Dark Dimension will tend to beat Viper Full Throttle if it is input first. If the inputs are close enough, and both characters are close, Viper Full Throttle and Dark Dimension will not interact at all due to their invulnerability frames. After a certain distance is achieved between the two characters, Dark Dimension will beat Viper Full Throttle when the input is made during her cinematic.

Matchups, Page 2

Akuma(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Amaterasu(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Arthur(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

C. Viper(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Captain America(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Chris(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Chun-li(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Dante(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Deadpool(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Dormammu(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Matchups, Page 3

Dr. Doom(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Dr. Strange(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Felicia(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Firebrand(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Frank West (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Ghost Rider(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Haggar(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Hawkeye(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Matchups, Page 4

Hsien-ko(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Hulk(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Iron Fist(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Iron Man(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Jill Valentine(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

M.O.D.O.K.(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Magneto(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Morrigan(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Matchups, Page 5

Nemesis(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Nova(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Phoenix(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Phoenix Wright(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Rocket Raccoon(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Ryu(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Sentinel(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

She-Hulk(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Matchups, Page 6

Shuma-Gorath(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Spencer(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Spider-Man(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Storm(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Strider Hiryu(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Super-Skrull(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Taskmaster (Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Thor(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Matchups, Page 7

Trish(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Tron Bonne(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Vergil(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Viewtiful Joe(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Wesker(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Wolverine(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

X-23(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Zero(Opponent)

Spoiler

Normals:
Specials:
Hypers:
Combos:
General Tips:

Gameplay and Combos

A Word:
Combos are separated by category; categories are as follows: Basic, Advanced, Position-Based, X-Factor-Based. Combos are not cross-listed; the tier of features by which a combo is categories is X-Factor-Based, Position-Based, Advanced and then Basic. The idea is for each combo to be placed according to the degree of circumstance required for that combo to be utilized; so, while an Assist-Based combo may be Position-Based, it would be burdensome for an individual looking through Position-Based combos to navigate through the various assists not utilized by that individual, etc.

Definition of Advanced Combos.

Spoiler

For the time being, Advanced combos will be combos involving MFC, Talon Attack :m:, or Crecent Scythe :l: loops since these options have either executional requirements and/or strict timing/spacing requirements. This is subject to change as new tech is discovered since Advanced is a somewhat ambiguous term.

Generally, combos are listed within their categories based on damage dealt. However, for the Assist-Based section, combos are first organized alphabetically by the name of the character(s) whose assist is used. If two assists are used, the combo is placed by the name of the assist character whose name occurs first alphabetically.

Notation: I will always list, when relevant, any assist required, level of X-Factor used, number of bars of meter consumed, and whether a reset is involved, in parenthesis, after the combo’s damage is stated, in that order.

Please feel welcome to submit content; however, combos will not be listed without an accompanying video, and that video must:

1. Be of decent quality. Capture card is preferred but not required.
  2. Display the damage done and meter built.
  3. Contain only the contents of that combo.

Tutorials:
DevilJin 01’s X-23 Tutorial Series
MVC3: The Online Warrior “Assist Me” Featuring: X-23 (Part 1)
MVC3: The Online Warrior “Assist Me” Featuring: X-23 (Part 2)

UMvC3 Gameplay:
[UMvC3] Traumatisch [X23/Wes/Dorm] vs DragonThug [Wes/Haw/Spen] - Losers final [DF3]
DevilJin01 Vs. BB Hood01 (45 min. set.)
Wandles vs. Clockwork (FR 2012)

Vanilla MvC3 Gameplay:
WNF 3.3 WMP Twisted Jago Vs. Hori|Tatsu
WNF 3.3 Loser’s Finals EMP Remix Vs. Hori|Tatsu

Combo Videos:
TMNTemps’ X-23/Nova/Wesker Team Video
TMNTemps’ X-23/Hulk/Viper Team Video
luis1luis1’s X-23 Advanced Combo Video

Gameplay and Combos, Page 2

Basic Combos

Spoiler
  1. :l::m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk::atk:

2. :l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:l:, :l::m::h::s: , sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk::atk:

3. :l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+, :l:land, :m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

4):l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::m::h:, land, j.:m::m::h::s:, land, j.:m::m::h::s:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk::atk:

1. :l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m:(1hit):h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk::atk:

Advanced Combos(CS Loops, TA M)

Spoiler
  1. :l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m:(1hit):h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx :dp::uf: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l: :m:(1hit):h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk::atk:

2. :m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, :dp::uf: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, :dp::uf: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l:, :m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk::atk:
    [LIST]
    []You can make this combo stronger by shaving off 1hit off the 2 Ms before MHS.
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [
    ]This combo is quite strict.
    [/LIST]
    3)(656k)
    :m::h: xx :qcb:+:h:, :dp::uf:+:l: xx (Air) :qcf:+:l:, s.:m::h: xx :qcb:+:h:, :dp::uf:+:l: xx :qcf:+:l:, s.:m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: xx :dp:+:h: xx :qcf:+:l:, land, :qcf:+:m: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:

4)(~628k)
:m::h:xxMFC :m::h: xx :qcb: :h:, j.:m::h: :dp::l: xx :qcf::l: , s.:m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h::d::h: xx :dp::h: xx :qcf::l:,land, :qcf::m:(fully charged)xx :qcf::atk::atk:.

Advanced Combos (MFC)

Spoiler

1)(~666k)
:m::h:xxMFC :m::h: xx :qcb: :h:, j.:m::h:, :qcf::l:, s.:m::h: xx :qcb: :h:, :dp::uf::l: xx :qcf::l: s.:m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h::d::h: xx :dp::h: xx :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:(fully charged)xx :qcf::atk::atk:
[LIST]
[]Can be started with crouching :m::h:, but then the timing for catching the opponent before the launcher is somewhat strict because of height differences.
[
]Can be started with a Talon Attack :l: but after the launcher it’s best to just do :h: xx :dp::h: xx :qcf::l:, otherwise the opponent will air tech. It will still do more damage, however.
[/LIST]
[FONT=Helvetica]2) (s.:h:xxMFC)x3 :h: :s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, (fully charged):qcf:+:m:[/FONT]
[LIST]
[] [FONT=Helvetica]You can change the starter, but keep track of hitstun decay.[/FONT]
[
]You can do more reps of :h:xx:qcb:+:l: ~:s: before launching but again, keep track of hitstun decay
[/LIST]

[FONT=Helvetica]3) (s.:h:xxMFC)x2 :h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j:m::m::h:, land, j:m::m::h::s:xx:qcf:+:l:, :m:(1hit):h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, (fully charged):qcf:+:m:

1. s.:h:xxMFC, :h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m:(1hit):h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

2. s.:m:(1hit) :h:xxMFC :h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m:(1hit):h:xx:qcb:+:h:, :dp: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l: :m:(1hit):h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:[/FONT]
    [LIST]
    []TKing the first Crescent Scythe will make the cancel into L Talon more lenient, but adds difficulty to the combo. But after that, you don’t have to TK anymore Scythes.
    [
    ]It’s possible to do this without TKing any motions to make the execution easier on yourself. But the window for cancelling the Scythe into Talon becomes more difficult, and if near the corner, the combo will push X-23 and the opponent out of the corner and swap sides after the launcher, Some assists can’t relaunch midscreen after Ankle Slice, so that poses an issue, but if you have one that does work mmidscreen, it’s negligible, and you’ll wall carry over to the other side anyway.
    [*]This is one, if not, X-23’s most damaging ground combo, along with combo 4(which does slightly less damage.)
    [/LIST]
    [FONT=Helvetica]6) [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]s.:m:(1hit) :h:xxMFC :h:xx:qcb:+:h:[/FONT]:dp::uf: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, :dp: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l:, :m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:[/FONT][/FONT]

Position-Based Combos

Spoiler

1)Simplified Talon Loop Combo(725k, Corner Only)
:qcf:+:l:(fully charged), :qcf::uf:+:l:, :dp::uf:+:l:xx :qcf:+:l:, :dp:+:l:xx :qcf:+:l:, :m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h::,:dp:+:h:xx :qcf:+:l:, land, :qcf:+:m:xx:qcf:+:atk::atk:

2)MFC Talon Loop Combo(685k, Corner Only)
:m::h:, MFC, :m::h: xx :qcb: :h:, j.:m::h:, :dp::l: xx :qcf::l:, :dp::l: xx :qcf::l:, s.:m::h::s:, sj.:m::m::h::d::h: xx :dp::h: xx :qcf::l:, land, :qcf::m:(fully charged)xx :qcf::atk::atk:

X-Factor Combos

Spoiler

Special Thanks (in no particular order)

Ryuga
Moonless
Ephidel
RadicalM1nd
DevilJin01
Traumatisch
TMNTemps
Maximillian
luis1luis1
Japots
Jaytoo

Ok…I gotta call it a night for now. I’ll pick up at matchups tomorrow. If anyone has any write-ups or notices any errors, let me know and I’ll get it added/corrected. Don’t bother with frame data and whatnot, I’m gonna sit down with the guide and hammer that out soon. But everything else needs to be fleshed out. Cheers for now, guys.

Listing the combos took a LOT longer than I thought lol. Managed to get them gathered up, trying to sort them out from Beginner to Advanced.

And great stuff Merkyl.

Cool, I know I appreciate it. I think you could probably just organize it basic combos, Mirage feint combos, CS loop/TA M combos, MFC combos, Xfactor 1,2 and 3 combos and have assist combos seperate. I think that’s how it’s gonna end up in the thread.

Edit: also got the frame data and a decent amount of the discussion points for everything down to CS and TA and I’ll try and finish those up later today.

Yay, thanks for all the hard work Merkyl!
I’d love to help you,especially with the assists and all but sadly I rarely ever get to play right now so I guess my opinion won’t really help too much.
Still, love the thread, we were discussing everything everywhere anyways :3

[FONT=Helvetica]Basic combos[/FONT]

1. :l::m::h::s: , superjump, j.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

2. :l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:l:, :l::m::h::s: , super jump, j.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

3. :l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m::h::s:, super jump, j.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

Mirage Feint combos

1):l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::m::h:, land, j.:m::m::h::s:, land, j.:m::m::h::s:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:m::h::s:, super jump, j.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

1. :l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m:(1hit):h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m::h::s:, super jump, j.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

2. :l::m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land, :m:(1hit):h:xx:qcb:+:h:, j.:m::h:xx :dp::uf: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l: :m:(1hit):h::s:, super jump, j.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

3. :m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, :dp::uf: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:m::h:xx:qcb:+:h:, :dp::uf: +:l:xx:qcf:+:l:, :m::h::s:, super jump, j.:m::m::h: :d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:

*Notes about combo 4)

*You can make this combo stronger by shaving off 1hit off the 2 Ms before MHS.

*This combo is quite strict.

(This list’s far from finished! Something came up, gonna add more soon. Feel free to correct any mistakes anyone!)

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Good work.

this was needed! thx merky also looking forward to seeing how this turns out, and I hope some of our notable X23 players drop in with some stuff/techs gathered along.

For the combo portion I would like to have vids I can link showing just the combo with meter gain and damage. Preferably with a capture card, but I’m not gonna turn anyone down as long as we’re able to see what’s going on. So if anyone can do that, just make a post out of it and I’ll get it linked up.

O-rightey. Got frame data and general notes filled in for everything except for her assists. All of the framework is down, so everyone start passing me information about partners since everyone should have experience with at least 2 people at this point. The matchup thread is gonna take a lot of tedious lab-time just checking the specifics of the normals and what-not, so I would greatly appreciate it if anybody can take a few characters here or there and help me out with the findings. Just be sure to leave a note here about who you’re looking into to save people from doubling up. I’m gonna try to go through the strategy thread tomorrow and grab some of the tidbits from there to start fleshing out the strat section.

Just found something with Iron Fist and Laura, figured I’d just post it here. Will make a video once i get it down better.
(Iron Fist on Point)
:m:, :h:,:f:+:h: xx, :qcf:+:l:, xx, :qcf:+:m:, xx,:dp:+:l:, Hard Tag X-23,Dash :s:,sjc., j.:m::m::h::d:+:h:xx:dp:+:h:xx:qcf:+:l:, land,IF Crescent Heel Assist,:qcf:+:m:(fully charged)xx:qcf:+:atk:+:atk:,:dp:+:atk:+:atk: (DHC into Iron Fist)

Around 800-850k unmashed? Maybe more. I know it works but I couldn’t pull it off completely (for example I haven’t implemented the Down+H in Laura’s Air combo yet and so on…)maybe someone can try it out and give me the full unmashed and mashed damage? The IF part is super easy to pull of if you can do the X-23 combo.

I also tried to relaunch with Iron Fist’s Assist but I think the Hitstun iteration makes it impossible to relaunch into an S in time.