The Peachy Thread

Breaking news; I broke Peach.
Bitch can wavedash and do a cracked out shield dash, among other crazy things. Film at eleven.

now you just need a way to ko with her around 100% and she might be able to hang with top tier.

as much as the jump cancels help her from tripping as much as it seems like she does, floating normally is probably the best way of moving with her. you can cancel immediately into a shield for defensive purposes, you can cancel into throws, and you got her aerials, which are really the best offense she has going for her.

when in doubt, ground float dair. even if she can’t ko, she can rack up damage with stomps and setups afterwards.

oh, but i DO have a way to KO with her. wait for the vid. be patient.
EDIT: [media=youtube]RbHARKwPt8Q[/media]
look at about 2:55. see how low to the ground she can do that? IT KILLS.
3:42 reverse shield dash into bair kill, too.

The negro slide. Thank you. The afros want more of dat ass. Very very good find.

OMG she loo like she’s having a seizure there

NOTE: i forgot to mention that it’s a crouch cancel varient on her float cancel so it’s not actually the same as float cancel, plus the shield application is totally new.

peachdashing looks kinda goofy but cool.

You guys know that you can just hold down and tap and hold the jump-button to hover really close to the ground, right? You know, low aerials and what-nots.

i definately like the shield in there. wish the shield frames were a bit more active, but its better than nothing, to say the least… a lucky perfect shield can easily get peach an easy 30-40%.

there are alot of good applications for the jump cancel outside of wavedashing though.

you can cancel a full dash/fox step with a jump cancel (d+jumpx2) and go into dsmash. i do this alot when edgeguarding… alot of people try to slip into the sweetspot when they see peach isn’t flying off the edge and will sometimes get a good edge spike in.

can’t hate on the “wavedash”, though… if you don’t use it now, you should. i really don’t run anymore with peach. floating near the ground is nearly as fast as her run without the risk of tripping, and i “wavedash” for smaller, more precise movements.

regardless though… not being able to knock out until the 150-200%'s is a big pain for her. unless you get a tip hit on an usmash or a real far out edge guard, you still are going to be struggling to get ko’s. yeah… she’s still not nearly as good as anyone on top of the heap.

anyways, i do have a question for anyone with the answer:

her dtilt spikes down when on the edges. but i don’t know how. is it a early frame issue or location based (like, does it need to hit below her hand)?

if anyone knows, that’d be sick… i hit the dtilt on edges a suprising amount, but the spike is so infrequent, i start questioning every indication i had of how it happens.

Sorry to burst your bubble but wavedashing with peach doesnt exist. All your doing is crouching, floating and landing right way while moving. Though the shield application is neat. But already discovered so just dont try taking credit for it.

Also about dtilt spike, They have to be relatively above the hitbox…Ill record it tonight and post it tomorrow.

Heres my input towards the thread, a copy pasta since im too lazy to rewrite it. Yes I did write this.

Smashes: Fsmash and Usmash are both great killing moves, you just need to know how to set them both up. Usmash is best used either by hyphen smashing or getting them to land ontop of it. Fsmash usually kills around 110-140 depending on which weapon pulls out. Also whoever says Dsmash is useless now is retarded, they are just used to its ridiculous range, if you get it in range you can easily do at least 10 damage and the knockback is very low so you can combo out of it. Don’t listen to all the negative talkers.

Aerials: Fair has been greatly buffed, you can kill with fair anywhere from 95-150 depending on the character, It has nearly no landing lag and is one of peaches best attacks, Bair has two hitboxes now and can deliver 20+ damage if both hitboxes hit. It is also a killing move and a great edgeguard. If your floating and bair THEN land in the direction you are bairing, you will gain a lot of ditance on the stage and once again this move has barely any landing lag. Nair has been nerfed in knockback and startup time and isn’t too good of an option compared to a lot of your other moves, but due to diminshing knockbacks and attack percentages you can still use this move to mix it up. Uair just had ridiculous range and it great when any character is above you, it does decent damage and can KO an opponent around 130. Dair is a great approach and the 4th kick sends them up high enough for you to connect with a uair at medium percentages. at lower percentages you can connect with any other aerial. It is also great for edge guarding someone at high percentages. I love to dair and then air dodge into a shield grab at low percentages.

Tilts: Ftilt is just amazing. It has amazing range from right above peach to a decent distance in front of her. It swipes like this ) and it sends the character above your head so you can connect with Usmash, reverse grab, reverse slaps and Fsmash all at lower percents. At mid percents it connects well into Utilt, and at higher percents you can jump up for your ridiculous Uair. Her Dtilt also has very good range and is great when someone is dash attacking out or trying to Shield Cancel Grab you. Utilt has more range than your Usmash and is great for hitting people from underneath platforms or in ways I mentioned in earlier connections.

Jabs: The amount of knockback is actually awesome for this move since it has the least start up lag out of all of her moves, it is a great way to keep your opponent at a distance giving you a bit more time to stratagize.

Specials: Up B now is a killing move at higher percentages (150-190 depending on character) and you can juggle your opponent in the air with it…the timing is just different from melee. Also her turnips are absolutely amazing now that we have glide tossing and dodge dropping. The turnips have their own metagame now. You can either spam turnips at them, glide toss turnips towards them if they are in front of you, or my favorite when they are infront of you AND above you glide toss a turnip upwards. The peach bomber is absolutely amazing for chasing techs rolls and recovery from the edge. Plus toad is actually useful now! Just keep in mind the bit of start up lag.

Throws: Fthrow has been greatly nerfed but that doesn’t matter, you can combo with dthrow. Dthrow > Ftilt or Dthrow >Utilt works great at lower percentages. During mid percentages dthrow to Uair works great since Uairs range is so ridiculous. Also Uthrow also has some combo ability at low to mid percentages…all involving ftilt, Uair, Usmash and even Bair.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: It’s a whole new ball game with peach now. You must develop new habits while mixing it in with some of the older ones that still seem to work. Each move has a different usage now and you must discover your own way of playing her.

sorry, to burst your bubble, but you can “wavedash” like melee. is it less effective, yes. no where near as much horizontal range on the di as in melee, but as far as i know, she’s the only person who can legitimately wavedash.

jump (hold), down (hold), release jump, di.

i’m not dexterous as to pull it off consistantly, but here’s basically what you’re doing.

1. Up-forward jump
  2. Canceling the jump into a float
  3. Releasing the float immediately while holding down to fast fall
  4. DI’ing as soon as the float is released.

could it be useful? sure. i’m sure there are people who can do it much better than i can.

Stop being a scrub. A wavedash in melee is when you cancel a jump DODGED into the ground causing you to slide.

This is floating and landing again while floating in a certain directions . Peaches float animation is ridiculously fast and this is why you can do this.

You must think of me as some sort of noob lol.

Your coming off as being a bit of a dick. If you have an argument worth defending, it’s best to do more than make belligerent retorts. Proving your point with facts, honest debate, and research does more than just throwing out comments will ever do.

And for the record, a wavedash is just the name for any move in any game that moves you in a forward direction without using the normal inputs for doing so. The wavedash is in numerous games, not just melee.

Anyways, I play a bit of peach. Nothing too good, as she’s like my 4th char, but it’s always fun to play as her. Too bad Pikachu stole her downsmash :lol:

Anyone got any tips for my peach play? You can find vids here

I have done tons of research. Im actually a very respected peach player within the competitive community of brawl. I’m not being a dick because my arguement is completely valid because I actually know what Im talking about.

Your explination of wavedash is ridiculous, wavedash only exists in melee. Wavedash in melee exploits the physics of the game to make your character move forward while the game thinks you are standing still, allowing you to use any smashs or specials as if you arn’t moving (so you don’t do a dash attack)… What you’re talking about is doing a very short float then moving towards the ground… The game knows that you are in the air, you’re just moving quickly forward.
you should look at my youtube and then call me a noob :stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/niko9876

Ah, so that is you. I thought it was. You are really good, and your capture card is hilarious :lol:

However, coming off so strong like that doesn’t help anyone. All it gets you is negative rep, even if you are correct. People will listen to you if you calmly and clearly state your case. I’m not calling anyone a n00b, but there are certain degrees of etiquette that will get you very far in any situation.

Wavedashing in MvC2

And I have no right to post critique of your peach, seeing as I don’t play her well, but I noticed you miss the followup floating uair a lot. Maybe try a fair or a nair once in a while? It works for me most of the time.

wow ouch.

well, lets not get caught up in what ssb knows what wavedashing is.
wavedashing comes from tekken players.

there’s wavedashing in other games, sure. but the people who came up with it are tekken players.
how do i know? because i know the people who came up with it for ssbm.

tekken itself has numerous iterations of wavedashing, many require different inputs, and have many different looks. each character that can do it has his own subtlies and each player that does it has his own timing. at its core, wavedashing is always wavedashing, no matter how crazy or shitty it may be, and no matter what the inputs may be.

now, i assume you aren’t arguing that you tried it and it wasn’t similar.
but i, admittingly, may have made things a bit over complicated. i found this about a week ago, and never really tried simplifying it. i always just did it the way i described above.

i had some free time this morning, so whatever you want to call it then, feel free to.

d/f+jump, nuetral, d/f+ jump

you can’t hold d/f between jumps. you must release the jump button immediately in order to use the jump cancel. rolling from f to d/f works as well (which is appartently how i was doing it.) the more towards the forward direction you press, the longer the dash is.

its the long and short of basically what i was doing. the di, as it turns out, isn’t needed, and in all honesty might not come out entirely, but it does change the animation a bit.

so essentially, what is going on is you are dashing with the forward part of d/f, and buffering the down part of the d/f for the jump cancel. pressing and releasing jump uses the jump cancel to throw peach to the ground, probably with a little help from the fast fall. as soon as the jump cancel finishes, you can repeat, attack, throw, block, whatever.

do you get forward momentum? yup.
sliding? yup.
normal attacks? yup.
throws? yup.

you are grounded and sliding. you have access to all your standing moves, immediately after the jump cancel. it can be repeated and beefs up her ground movement immensely.
great way to approach, great way to start up your rush down.

it doesn’t matter what you call it. if you have issues with it being a wavedash due to it not being the same as melee, then that’s your own prerogative. maybe i can call it the “subt-L slide” or something.

i still try to di when doing it. the animation when you do it is noticably different. i get some random perfect blocks when doing it, so eh, it might be worth it.

btw, having respect in the ssb community? congrats.

i half expected to be chewed out and yelled at when i got home to check this…

i kinda half regret posting this up as well. shit’s really fucking good…

Lol, I tried it during the times I played peach last night, and it does work. Not as far as a normal melee wavedash, but peach never had that to begin with :lol:

It’s a pseudo-wavedash, that’s for sure. Just like bowser’s koopa klaw to jump is. But Peach’s is better for setups and comboing, rather than fakeouts.

Her turnips were always good spacing tools, in brawl they have been heavily nerfed, they vanish much more quickly, however you can still get Bombs, Mr Saturn, or Beamsaber, its much easier to do now (1/58 instead of 1/300)
Up+B could be opened and closed to control speed of decent in Melee as well