The Next Big Thing: Abigail General Thread

His story alt fixed his fucked up proportions.

https://cdn.capcom-unity.com/capcom-unity.com/user/harrisony/street_fighter/abigail/1f604c248939eb44fb2a1f68ffb701ef.jpg?v=202200

https://cdn.capcom-unity.com/capcom-unity.com/user/harrisony/street_fighter/abigail/large/834a0dc03f78a353ab34b5d8b9a60c05.jpg?v=202200

Though im excited of a new grappler, i think hes just too big. I dont like that he makes other characters seem smaller than they usually are.

But he is jumping at 0:27 seconds of the trailer!!!

Yeah you donā€™t see half of his body when he jumps. And we havenā€™t seen it with the UIā€¦

Iā€™m wondering how the lifebars will be with him on screen, but more importantly if his v skill is a high/low counter or if it hits high/lowā€¦ the way itā€™s worded seems ambiguous. But if his v skill can hit overhead which I donā€™t expect it toā€¦ damn son.

Hello friends of Abigail we will stay together and kill all the non believers!!!

V-Skill looks like a high/low counter that puts the opponent in a CC-like state on hit. Iā€™m not sure if it hits high/low too or if it even matters.

1. Can you jump over him (maybe Kolin double-jump)?
  2. Can he be crossed up?
  3. If so, do you have to cross him up at ass level to combo a light?
  4. Are there characters whose jump arcs allow them to do that?
  5. Can I just poke-walk people to the corner as Abigail if they canā€™t jump over?
  6. So many questions

I am waiting. He looks like a slower Alex(in a way). For this, I am excited. I wonder how many Alex players are going to have a pocket Abigail?

It matters because if it hits as an overhead then he has a high low mixup on his charged v skill, assuming the low hits low the high also matters if itā€™s referring to a move that can be ducked by crouching. But that overhead/low sounds waaay to good for sf5 so itā€™s probably just a high/low counter like akumas v skill, or both high and low are punishably negative on block. His v trigger unblockables look pretty fast as wellā€¦ they look a lot faster than uriens charged moves as an example, so they look good for pressure.

Watching the trailer his cancel into run into command grab seems to come out pretty quick, might be one of the better run into command grabs. Plus his run having armor means that the opponent wonā€™t be able to just jab out of run pressureā€¦ with armor and the fact that his run is so fast upclose I expect all his run followups to probably be punishably negative.

But we will see. He looks pretty damn dope so far.

No he definitely doesnā€™t hit overhead. High just means the opposite of low

He looks like a Borderlands boss

See samurai shodown 2, try and throw earthquake in that game, it could possibly be what they do for this game, possibly

I need to know a lot more about his V-Skill. Based on the blog post description It sounds as though it works like Kolinā€™s where itā€™s basically just an attack but itā€™ll parry anything incoming as itā€™s starting up, but this time you have to read high/low and you donā€™t get the special parry animation that Kolin gets which guarantees her followup landing.

I hope thatā€™s not the case, because if you canā€™t choose to just parry by itself, this might be a move thatā€™s too easily baitable with a jab or something, forcing you to go into the unsafe followup.

Rumor is this character may have 1200 HP. May be a bit weird because normally SFV has standardized health values. Which is something that I like because thereā€™s no more Seth/Akuma super low health pixies that are designed to just be way better than other characters can ever hope to be at the expense of really low health. Takes care of the whole characters that are destined to be shit because they are huge and need it to be balanced by a bunch of health.

With that said, I think Abigail if he works like he looks may need some type of high health threshold. He looks so big that thereā€™s a lot of situations in this game where he pretty much wonā€™t be able to avoid getting hit or taking damage. Being a big meat shield might be the only way for him to get out of a lot of shitty situations. Weā€™ll see if they keep him 1050 like Gief or really go all out with his health to help him deal with his impending neutral issues.

1200 Health for anything but a quadraplegic hamster would be insane.

Abigail needs 1200 health to complete his important work, please do not interfere.

I canā€™t believe there are people who are seriously asking if you can jump over him. Of course you can jump over him, itā€™s not like theyā€™d just make him an impenetrable wall of death that inevitably crushes you into the corner.

This design looks a lot cooler.

Iā€™m digging this character big time. I might be the only one but Iā€™m excited to give him a bash.