The MVC:I Hawkeye Thread

I see sadly that there is no much love for Clint in mvci, but i’ve been testing a lot in the lab and have come up with a few things, not claiming theyre unknown but perhaps not widespread yet,
came up with a small combo that takes advantage of air spritzer and lets you launch the opponent again before him touching the floor, perhaps someone with interest (and more time) could test if it works in smaller characters and even optimize it!
right now taking into account the damage from poison it deals a mere 6130 damage, and i think it is practical to do if you get the time! could only get it to work after trick HK

youtube.com/watch?v=mPeKMArC418
(cant seem to make the clip show up in a small window like you guys can, and could not find a how to, if someone can help me pm me pls)

thats mostly my problem with many matchups lately, theres an awkward zone for hawkeye from an angle of 45 to 90 related to him where opponents can get in very easily and punish almost anything very easily, and his normals dont help much, although have been testing arrow scratch and it helps sometimes, but mostly wii switch to the other character

Sup Guys!

What are the combos I should be using with him if you could type out the notations that would be amazing thanks!

Usually, I come packing with the Mind stone just in case an opponent gets too close. You can also use it in the air and still put your opponent in a dizzy state.

sorry i know this is dumb…but…

I’ve seen people shoot an arrow before their trick shot arrow in youtube vids…i am only able to shoot a trick shot arrow after inputting QCB+LK and with the flip back move (forgot what it’s called and how you do it)…

my question is how to you shoot an arrow right before a trick shot arrow?

sorry for the noobness

@StiGgZ

I think you are referring to his Standing H normal. You press it once and it throws out an arrow. With that you can follow up with QCB+LK or QCB+HK with the followup of your choice. I hope that helps man! I am still trying to learn Hawkeye as well.

I also wanted to ask are we allowed to post other players videos in the fourms? Or do you need consent from said player to post their matches?

@RJCPopsGhostly

Ah that makes sense! Thanks so much dude…although when i see the combo vids, he seems to be crouching before letting off the first arrow…i’l lgo home after work today and see if his button-pressed arrow can be done while crouching.

Perhaps it would help if you gave us a link of the combo video you’re looking at

I think this is pretty much why Power Stone is far and away his best gem.
Power surge covers that 45-90 degree blindspot, knocks the opponents away, AND gives a wall bounce which is just icing on the cake. Even if you trade, the wall bounce into hard knockdown is guaranteed so there is pretty much no bad time to use it.

Reality Stone kinda works but has bad recovery and bad frame advantage up close.
Mind Surge is way too slow.

How do you deal with people who always forward tech. Generally when zoning, even if I snipe them some people will forward tech 100% of the time. I tend to get hit by surprised a lot when people do this. Any suggestions? I’ve though about close up arrows, but I wonder if that’s too slow

Does Hawkeye have any mix ups when tagging in on a locked down opponent?

I second this question. I currently still play Gamora/Hawkeye and when Gamora lands a combo into hyper, I tend to tag into Hawkeye and do a poison arrow, an exploding arrow, wait a second and then another exploding arrow on the ground as they recover. Sometimes this feels unsafe though like if they rush me down immediately Hawkeye is still recovering or something, so going into a scattershot might be good too. I’m not sure what his optimal damage as he tags in with your teammate still hitting the opponent in a combo though, looking for feedback there.

Also, any tips against Striders and other teleport characters? It’s difficult to do much against teleports that put opponent right above my head sometimes, especially during Oroboros. I know light scattershot goes straight up and in front but mistiming that can make you eat a lot of damage. What are some other arrow zoning patterns you guys are using. I see people on streams jumping a lot and hitting H into triple arrows. Any good patterns with his special arrows? I sometimes throw in the shocking arrow but it’s difficult to confirm off of into further freeze shot stuff.

I recently started experimenting with Power Stone with Hawkeye since I feel like he needs a “get off me” move. Any good combo extensions you guys have found that use power stone? I think there may be some potential after a gimlet to tag into Gamora so she can cr. lk > power stone wall bounce and combo, though it seems a little tight sometimes and it feels like sometimes I don’t get the OTG.

Last question - can Hawkeye do anything off an air throw? A lot of times I can land a back air throw in the corner as they rush me down, but can he actually follow up any way?

Off an air throw or any throw really you can do b.hp xx qcf + arrow. Though Ice is typically the best one. From there you can gimlet or tag into your partner to end the combo.

Sooooo I know they changed something about freeze arrow, but now I can’t seem to do freeze arrow > freeze arrow > poison arrow consistently. Can land freeze > freeze > poison (tag) > Venom command grab, but online I think they can mash out of it now?

I’ve been doing it fine but the window feels tighter, I think.