The Jesse Ventura, I mean Haggar Thread (MvC3)

Interesting, if true I wonder if Haggar can Lariat the hyper and cancel the lariat into one of his own hypers, that would be incredible. Also he’d be the killer of newb spam.

Yeah, I saw that and literally said “oh shiiiiit” out loud. Even if he ends up being not-so-great, that super looks manly as hell.

I’ll be looking forward to a presumed Seth walkthrough video at some point.

I’m sure he’ll have something to compensate the health loss. Its a strange juxtaposition though. A character who regains health and a character who loses it.

I can’t wait to get my hands on him, he has a lot of stuff that looks like it may be very powerful. And dat stache, dayum.

No sharks?

I think he looks scary as all fuck. he seems to have better range and mobility than Thor, and beastly combos. He’s comboing now…just imagine what he’ll be like when people start figuring out grab resets.

I’m a bit concerned about his lv 3 hyper though. It looks like it will be jump-able on reaction.

Hoo Boy i’m so maining this manly man so far my team is looking like Haggar/Dr. Doom/Hsein-Ko (If shes confirmed and if shes not) then MagFUCKINNeto

No idea what team I will put him on, I theme teams up. But I might just break that and do like Haggar/Magneto/whoever.

:looney:

I’m in heaven…

I’ll post some more about it later in the day. The mayor and Spencer look to be DEADLY when combined. :wink:

and somebody better change the title of this thread to my sig. :wgrin:

Hell be on 2ndary team. now that my Dante/Phoenix/Hsien Ko will come true. My other will be Super Skrull/Modok/Mayor of Earth, Mike Haggar. yeah im done

He loses health with lariat and his normals/piledrivers does laughable damage.

LOL he does lose health with the lariat special. Missed it the first time I watched the trailer.

his normals do laughable damage? He did 80% on Deadpool with a very simple combo, and the only time his piledriver was shown was vs Thor, who has really high defense.

I love the way his eyes flash when he’s about to own someone.

Modok could be a very interesting support character for Haggar, he has enough annoyances to help Haggar get in.

I really want to see what Haggar’s assists will be. I am betting one will be the invincible Lariat, the red damage won’t matter since you know, he heals it outside. A pipe hitting launcher, and maybe a grab for his other two.

Mike fucking Haggar, finally! It’s been long overdue for the uncivil servant to be in a fighting game. He looks beastly, too. Kinda disappointed in some of his animations, but I’ll have to wait and see what surprises are in store for the mighty mayor of Earth come release time~!

About 50% actually. Deadpool didn’t have full life before acquaintance with Mayor’s fist.

Glad to see some more manly in this game. I will definitely give MAYOR MIKE HAGGAR a try when the game comes out.

Yeah. Iwas thinkin MODOK’s Beta assist and Super Skrull’s Tenderizer anti air assist. Im sure either Skrull or Haggar will be great on point. OH YYEAH im liking the Mighty Final Fight homage. The Mayor of earth body splash rush. He might be a mix of Colossus and Zangief even though Haggar was here b4 the red cyclone.

I think it was a little more than 50. He went from being 3/4 full to almost dead in one combo.

Also, I don’t like the way they animated his Body Splash super. It looks kind of awkward.

Haggar != Zangief

Even with the leak talk I was kinda thinking he’d be somewhat like Zangief, but seriously, the only thing he has that is Gief-like are command throws (which several other characters have) and a Lariat (which is already better than any VS series Gief’s Lariat).

Dude’s a new character. That gut punches people to hell.

Yeah, the running grab alone makes him look better than Thor. But I wonder if it’s unblockable. And, if not, how awful the recovery is on block.

I wonder what his assists are? Running grab assist??? Lariat assist would be awesome, too.

I feel that way with a lot of the animations for the later revealed characters. She-Hulk, Haggar, Storm, and Magneto seem to have some very unfluid animations for a few moves. Disappointing, but I’m not gonna lament too much.