The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

So if you watch closely in story mode, on the screen of the command center is where we know what PSA means and it’s “Psychopower Stratospheric Aircraft” I took a guess about AS meaning amplified soldier. Seems to make sense.

P.S.A. stands for Psychopower Stratospheric Aircraft. You can read it on the monitor when Rashid inserts the code to deactivate the P.S.A.s right after defeating Marz.

I thought for a moment that AS could be Assault Soldier…

Any clues to what operation C.H.A.I.N.S stands for?

That actually makes perfect sense. TY! Oh Capcom, that wasn’t awkward at all. We clearly underestimated you. :heart:

Right?! I’mma need Capcom to get their acronym/story game together cuz this stuff’s been going on since 2008. Maybe the reason they haven’t clearly defined certain things boils down to them still planning for more stuff and they wanna leave some mystery for us. I’m seriously tryna give them the benefit of a doubt.

Edit: My first McRib ever on this post is gone. Now I have nothing to eat. (This is me being harmlessly passive-aggressive about my one lost McRib) All the sudden, I feel like a Baptist preacher… “CAN AH GIT A MCRIB?!? It’s offering time!”

Give that man more McRibs!

And we didn’t have that big robot running from the ninja… :frowning:

Unfortunately no. But someone should ask Nakayama on Twitter. If he answered about Decapre/Cammy relationship…

Also, did anyone realize that Abel’s hat had a different badge? It’s not the usual Shadoloo symbol.

And… did the PSA affected Ed just like it did with Abel?

Bison beating the shit out if some PS1 ninjas had me dying. They’re not even next-gen, they never stood a chance.

They should’ve used Cammy, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Nash, and Karin’s models instead. It would’ve been more realistic. :coffee:

Question on Alex: y’all think it’s worse for Dhalsim to be called an alien or a mugger? :smiley:

I think maybe he’s just REALLY bad at making a Shadaloo disguise. I mean, he doesn’t even have boots.

I never said HOW the tag team would go down. But…it might end up with cammy getting booby zapped again. Then Juri steps in…then viper runs away because “she’s gona kill me!!!” Then cammy’s gona be all “STOP IT JURI!!! YOU’RE GIVING IN TO…” Wait a minute…why does this sound familiar…

Forgive me is this was discussed before but what was up with Helen at the end? Did Gill shatter the illusion that she created or did he actually change her physically?

I believe Gill gave her a new identity altogether. While her life as Helen was over, the transformation to Kolin signified a new beginning for her. That’s the way I took the scene.

Wasn’t helen kolin from the very beginning? Just a disguise under urien’s command to try and fufill gill’s little prophecy? And Urien kinda just went “fine whatever…as long as it gets me results.”

She wasn’t working under Urien’s command at all. Rather it was under Gill’s and for Gill. She’s totally enamored by him in a religious fanatic kinda way.

I don’t recall Urien ever calling Helen by either Helen or Kolin, he would know if she was in disguise or not.

There was a scene where Helen was about to reveal who she was then Urien intervened angrily just as she was about say it. This could suggest that she was actually Kolin in disguise.

I believe that Helen’s look was an illusion, peoples see her like that but was Kolin the whole time

Even if a normal disguise was more credible lol

Btw watever, if Kolin ever get playable (Ice char? Ice char.) i hope her Helen design to be her story costume, i like it better than her snk kolin design and feel way more SF.
Too bad we will lose the awesome russian accent

That’s what I meant. Like Urien wasn’t aware of who she really was. Gill threw kolin under disguise to spy on urien and the like get him to get his prophecy into fruition. If Urien knew who helen really was…then what would be the point of being helen then? Nash didn’t know, rashid nor azam didn’t know…Juri’s the only that was hinted at a BIG maybe she knew who she really was…but the hint was super vague with no real credible source.

So…what would the point be then?

I think that Helen was an illusion that Kolin was using. I think Gill gave it to her using his cyro powers.

Urien is a naturally angry man. If he found out his borther was spying on him in any way he would have done something about it instantly most likely. And the fact kolin was all “secretive” about revealing it to nash then all of a sudden urien shows up and she’s all “op…can’t say anything now.” Why would urien care that she tells a claydoll she is who she is? If Urien found out helen was kolin, I’m pretty sure he would have killed her on the spot.