The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Which one is the one we got as opposed to what we could get? The one above looks better, IMO. The game lacks spirit regardless.

The screen above is final version. The screen below is a fan edit

Yeah, it doesn’t look that much better to be honest. It just makes it look like MvC3. Which admittedly looks better than MvCI, but still looks like crap.

If you’re gonna cel-shade, just freakin’ cel-shade. Don’t do normal shading and then try and do cel-shading over it.

So MvCI style or MvC3 style… whoever win, decent capcom art style lose lol =)

We cannot justify it by the character alone but the whole surroundings also should be part of the transition.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81jpCS%2BpcuL.SL1500.jpg

Nice to know I’m not the only one who had that thought when I first went into the Collection and saw that artwork. It looks SO much better than what we got, even if I think a few characters like Ultron, Jedah, Gamora and Thanos look good in the current style. Almost makes me sad thinking about what could have been.

“… But turns out the answer lied in the heart of battle.”

Ok, I can’t imagine Ryu with a legit job. Is this as character derailing as it sounds?

They don’t go into too much detail about what their duties are as researchers, but due to the emergency situation from the convergence, everyone has to take action (possibly with new roles not exactly suited to their normal skillsets) and looking at Ryu and Banner’s connection, I feel that Banner does the heavy science stuff while Ryu is there for support and eyes on the ground. I felt it worked well actually.

I think it’s best not to expect the Capcom characters to be exactly like you remember them. They are part of an alternate universe, and thus, have their differences

That pic is the most out-of-character Ryu can get. Just look at him posing like a university professor.

It’s also wierd how Chun-Li and Ryu are the only two Street Fighters from the same universe (albeit alternate), and they don’t acknowledge each other in the story.

I heard he was tied, so at least that has some justification.

I guess I’ll watch the Story on Youtube for nightmares and giggles. Surely it can’t be that bad…

It amazes me how good this gameplay is and how bad *everything *else.

This game not only have some of the BEST gameplay mechanics ever in a Capcom game, but the netcode is LIGHT YEARS ahead of any recent Capcom game, and the online lobbies outstrip all of their previous efforts. One of my doubts was the netcode and that shit legit feels like offline. Unfortunately they bunglefucked everything else in the process. Two steps forward, 8 steps back. It sucks.

If the presentation was on point, the roster was actually inspired, and the game actually (a cinematic story mode alone isn’t “rich in content”) had worthwhile content, it’d be well-received. What a missed opportunity.

People are really exaggerating and taking Ryu’s line about being on “the research team” out of context.

He was brought onto the research team to help Hulk control his inner demons and point out “anomalies” in the Capcom part of the world as in look at a place that’s merged with a marvel location then tell us about it karate man. Ryu is not being a scientist or whatever.

If he were more eager to you know fight the next big challenge instead of hanging on the side lines then his portrayal in the story would have been fine. He also you know [details=Spoiler]uppercuts an ancient dragon which is cool. [/details]

Don’t forget the cross-play. Easily why I actually bothered to buy SFV, the guarantee of a decent player-base.
Sure, it didn’t really work out with SFV, but hey, at least the idea was nice.

It’s sad to see MvCI like this. It’s not going to be fun for stream monsters at all, which can only hurt on the long run.

@“Doctrine Dark”

“Marvel vs Capcom: Bunglefucked” is the most accurate title possible for this fucking mess.

If that is bearded Ryu in SFV talking like that, It would be more of a Hipster Ryu

Yeah, no crossplay is another bad idea.

I’m surprised this isn’t really a thing after SFV. Not in Tekken 7 and no plans for it to be in DBFZ. I wonder what the next fighting game will be that’ll have this feature.

Yagami, 100%.

Like I always say, if there was ever a college course on how to do everything **humanly **possible to sabotage a release, Capcom would be perfect at teaching it. Could even call it CAP 101. They thought being quiet the entire time was a smart choice. Instead, we see the fruits of their labor (Dante on Meth, Fug-Li, Captain America as the Tick, Sigma as fucking DLC despite being 1 of the antagonist’s of the game, etc) and wonder if things are going to get better. Surprise, surprise. Nope. Ghost Rider is the last announced character. Don’t forget to pre order!!

People can fling all the mud that they want at KOF XIV looking the way it does. I feel 100x more heart and passion in that project than I do with MVCI. They also gave us 50 fucking characters right from the jump. A company that had to deal with bankruptcy and was literally at rock bottom did that for us. MVCI is yet another rushed product, which means the CEO’s of Capcom that said more of an emphasis would put towards game development were spewing horseshit.

Netplay decisions seem to be the Achilles Heel of DBFZ tbh. No Rollback and no Crossplay might be a dealbreaker for me, even though I’m really hyped for this game. No real point in having a fighting game if I have no one to play with.

Hopefully it gets better. Overall I had some really good games, but the bad games (6 frame delay and above) were *really *bad. Since this was a beta, ASW has enough time to sort these things out. Sucks about the lack of crossplay, though. I wonder how the PC scene will look for the game. Tekken 7 seems to have a healthy PC scene, so I’m guessing DBFZ could as well.